“The inside is nicer than the outside.”

Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #76 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Lincoln, Nebraska
“The inside is nicer than the outside.”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Stayed here for one night. Price-line picked it for me and got a rate for $65 bucks on a Wednesday night. Lobby a bit busy and noisy with the nature of so many kids here...understandably I think. They are reconstructing part of the outside currently but, I didn't think it was a huge deal.

Food was good in the restaurant. I used a sitting area in their market store to conduct a series of interviews. The bed was nice, room was nicely appointed. I had no noise issues. I would stay again.

No free breakfast, bu the buffet was good.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience her with us and extatic that you received such a great rate! We are currently doing some remodeling to the exterior of our building and very soon, we will have a new entrance. Hopefully the next time that you stay with us you will be please.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Orangeville, Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Stayed here for one night in June of 2012. Location is excellent if you are going to a Royals or Chiefs game - it is right across I-70 from the stadiums. We were here for a wedding reception - banquet facilities were good. Ballroom was nice, service great.

The rooms however are showing their age. The hotel itself must be over 35 years old. Rooms have been updated. However the bathrooms are small and show the age of the hotel. The lobby area is small and busy. As there is a waterpark in the hotel, families with kids are all over the place. Had breakfast in the hotel restaurant - standard buffet breakfast was adequate.

At $120 per night, I found this hotel priced high for what it is...a boring suburban hotel beside an Interstate...yawn!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our convenient location for the Royals & Chief's game and that you had experienced great service at the wedding you attended. Our property has been here since the 70's and we have done a lot of remodeling and recently added a water park and because of the park we are a kid friendly hotel. Thank You.
Denton, Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I stayed here for 5 days/6 nights while at a convention (also at the hotel). Convention area and staff were okay-to-good. But the rooms in this hotel are divided into two separate areas: Floors 5-15 are in the West tower. Floors 1-3 are below the convention rooms in the East dungeon. Those lucky people staying in the West tower at least had their rooms cleaned each day and good temperatures in the rooms. Those of us unlucky enough to be on Floor 1 had problems EVERY DAY with hotel staff: rooms not cleaned some days; only the bathrooms cleaned but not the rest of the room; no toilet paper (!), no Kleenex (!), no pickup of room service trays/spoiled food (!), loud noises from the indoor pool at night, and a beautiful view out the window of the service ramp, complete with staff walking past the windows at 6:00am every day and trucks backing up the ramp at the same time.... And a complete meltdown at the only restaurant during one lunch when only half of the tables were occupied yet they couldn't seem to get our food out to us after a wait of at least 45 minutes (we ordered nachos and sandwiches - how hard is that?). It was so bad the manager went down to the waterpark and got us hambergers and french fries after we left after an hour's wait. The front staff also lectured one of us who were pretty hot about not having ANY cleaning staff cleaning the room for 3 full days; saying we shouldn't be so angry with families around. They didn't offer to fix anything or refund anything off our bills. Poor, poor staff. Not enough staff to handle this large a hotel. Poorly trained staff. If the cleaning staff had not finished all their rooms by 5:00, they just LEFT. I would never stay in this hotel ever again.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in the DUNGEON rooms on floors 1-3. Poor to NO cleaning of the rooms for...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ArtGlassEnsembles
Victoria D, Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 17 June 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do apologize for not receiving stayover service during your time with us. You are correct we do have two sections of our hotel and the east side of our hotel where you stayed is the more quite part of our hotel as it has less traffic in it. We did notice that our 'Do not Disturb" signs were utilized by multiple guests in our east wing during the time that you stayed with us and then called for service later into the evening and unfortunately we do not have full housekeeping services that late in the day. Your information that you shared with us is valuable and it will be shared with our management staff so that we can better serve our guests. Hopefully you enjoyed your workshop.

Travellers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Ames, IA
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We arrived on a Tuesday evening for a two night stay and were warmly greeted by the gentleman at the front desk. He gave us excellent directions to get to our room, and reminded us that the swimming pool and whirlpool were available free of charge (extra charge for the water park) as was the workout room. The front parking lot was full of cars who snagged a free parking place and then walked to the baseball stadium for the game that night; when we expressed concern over a lack of parking, he assured us there was plenty of parking in back of the hotel, which was where our room was located. He was right and we were very happy about that.

The room was on the first floor - tastefully decorated, with a nice bath. The refrigerator was nice and we also made use of the coffee maker. The beds were comfortable and although there was a bit of hallway noise from children earlier on, none of us had any difficulty sleeping. We did not have any extra toilet paper in the bathroom, so left a note for the maid to re-stock us on Wednesday morning.

We visited the pool and whirlpool - the pool was a nice size, but the whirlpool was apparently broken. The air jets wouldn't work. Also, there were many wet towels laying around on the floor - it just made the pool area look dirty and unkempt. There was a large basket to hold used towels, but apparently other guests opted to not pick up after themselves. Although this was not the fault of the hotel, it is too bad no one was checking the area to do a bit of straightening - we found it this way both times we used the pool.

We were out at Worlds of Fun all day on Wednesday, returning for a break from the park about 6 p.m. We were surprised and disappointed to see that our room had not been made up. Beds were as we left them, no clean towels and our note asking for toilet paper untouched. I heard two maids chatting in the hall a few doors down and asked for toilet paper and towels - neither one offered me a time that they might be in to clean - they just handed me T.P. and towels and continued their conversation. We went out for a bite to eat and then back to the amusement park and upon returning about 10:30 p.m. the room was still untouched.

The hotel was full on Tuesday night, but I would think that Holiday Inn would employ enough maids to get all the rooms serviced before 6 p.m. or even 10:30 at night.

This was my only complaint - other than that, our stay was very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Dear Molly-Mayrose,

Thank you for your great review. I am happy to learn you enjoyed the otel and amenities. I am concerned about the housekeeping service you received. This is not common for a room to go unclean. This information will be shared with the house keeping staff.

Thanks again, hope to see you soon!

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My husband and I came to the Holiday Inn CoCo Key to goto a Royals game!! We have stayed there several times and each time it seems to get better!! The front desk staff was very friendly and welcoming! Although the hotel was busy due to the game weekend, every one of the staff members that we encountered in the hallways said hello and smiled. We ate the dinner buffet in their restaraunt where the service was great and the food was wonderful. Im not usually fond of buffets but this was definitly an exception. The food was fresh and well presented. The hotel location was great and the hotel provided a shuttle to transport guests to and from the games. The Shuttle driver(Daniel) was entertaining and friendly! Overall our hotel stay was awesome! We will definitly be back again!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Victoria D, Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is good to hear that you have stayed with us repeatedly and that your visits are consistantly getting better. I am glad that Daniel was entertaining as he really does love his job. I am also glad that you enjoyed our buffet as our new chef will be delighted to hear that his presentation has been appreciated as he has been with us only since December. It is also good to hear the positive reviews about the staff. Repeated guests are great to have and we look forward to you visiting us again soon as you become part of our CoCo Key Family!
Johnston, Iowa
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I had no problems with this hotel. The staff was friendly, hotel is clean, rooms are nice and clean. The hotel is in a convenient location and just across the street from the Chiefs and the Royals stadiums.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Victoria D, Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 26 May 2012
Dear Valued Guest, it is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The location of our property is an asset when going to a game as we have the best view in town and being right accross from the stadiums makes it easy to shuttle to and from all of the games and events. Hopefully you will come back and stay with us again soon.
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stay here for 3 nights because a convention I was attending was in the hotel. The lobby area is nice and the staff was friendly, but that's where the niceness ended. As I walked down the long hall to the 2nd set of elevators, I noticed that the carpeting was water stained and it smelled musky. The elevators are older and a bit slow and jerky.

Arriving in my room, the first thing i notice was that it was terribly hot. I turned the temperature way down and closed the shades. After 2 hours, it had not cooled off one bit. I attempted to call the front desk but the phone didn't work. I walked back to the front and told the lady at the desk and she said she'd send someone. About an hour later, maintenance arrived and said that the hot water was turned on in the ceiling but not the cool, so they turned that on, showed me how to pull down the blackout shades on the windows (no curtains, just these black shades and then louver blinds) and then left. The air ran all night but it was still warm the next morning. It never really cooled down like it should. Add to the fact that the cleaning people insisted on opening the blackout shades each day while cleaning, making it even warmer in the room.

The bed was too firm for my liking and the sheets were thin and had rips/holes in a few places. There was a new flatscreen TV, but the room had this long, odd desk like thing in it where the TV sat, but it was also the desk and some drawers. There wasn't a fridge or microwave which was disappointing. The bathroom was average sized. The floor seemed sticky each day in the bathroom and the carpet in the room was older and seemed like it was dirty. I walked around in my socks and they were filthy by the time I took them off each day.

The conference room was overly cold, I wish some of that air made it to my room. The restaurant there was good and priced decently. There was a breakfast buffet on the weekend and there was plenty of food. I had pizza delivered to the room from the restaurant one night when we were beat and it was very good and priced just right at $10.

I didn't check out the pool or waterpark, there wasn't any time, but I saw lots of families with children who seemed to be enjoying their stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. It is only thru valuable information such as this that we can address any issues that you experienced during your stay. I pleases me that you encountered friendly staff during your stay. I do apologize that it was warm in your room and that your conference area was cold. Meeting areas seem to always be a little cooler when people are sitting in them. Hopefully we will be able to visit our waterpark on your next visit. Thank you again for staying with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Best Western Truman Inn
Best Western Truman Inn
#5 of 18 in Independence
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel

Been to Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!