“SkillsUSA Missouri State Accommodations”

Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #78 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Michael B. in Casey's was wonderful. So friendly. A wealth of knowledge. He helped with our state meeting as well. Had nice conversations with Mona in the morning at breakfast buffet. Both are excellent at their positions.
Check-in was chaotic this year. This was our third year to stay at this hotel. No real issues after we settled in for the week. There were 35 people in our group.

Room Tip: Pick an even number for a stadium view. Several students used the waterpark facilities. We used the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Robert H, Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Frog1962,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdivsor. I am extremely happy to hear that Mona and Michael in Casey's made for an enjoyable experience. I was sorry to hear check-in was a little hectic. We have enjoyed serving Skills USA for many years and the group will be sorely missed throughout the city. I do hope your travels bring you our way in the future as we look forward to serving you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have been to this hotel in the past several years and was pleased. But this time it was the worst experience and will never return. The whole staff need a course in customer service and what customers are to them. I use to be a Director of Sales at another Holiday Inn and if my staff was anything like this staff they would all be fired. If you do not like to deal with the public then why work at a hotel. Do not try and get a AAA or other discount because you do not get the overnight package which includes the water park but was told that on phone when making reservation but when checking in totally different. That started it and from there down hill. The air conditioner did not work, the beds were horrible. The carpets were very very dirty and the hotel is in bad need of a update. I guess the Holiday Inn franchise is not like it use to be or things would get fixed but you cannot help the staff if they do not like people. The only good thing is Shakiead Calloway in bar was super. She even smiled and said "it's my pleasure" WOW I was shocked someone understood customer service. Big applause for her. But will never go back there again. To bad use to be nice place. Also they had both the indoor and outside pool closed and did not even tell us when I booked the reservation.

Room Tip: do not go there
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank buffy123456
Robert H, Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear buffy123456,

Thank you for your recent comments on TripAdvisor. I do appreciate the feedback, though cannot begin to express my disappointment in where we fell short of your expectations. I was happy to hear that Shakiea provided you the service our hotel prides itself on delivering. I would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me at Robert.harmel@hicocokey.com so I can get further details to ensure the appropriate improvements are made.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I don't see my first review so here is another. We stayed here to be close to Kauffman stadium. Rooms were clean. Kids loved the water park. Kids eat free. The best part was our bartender Tessie Dotson. Friendly. Nice. Knowledgable of the area. Experienced bartender. We would come back to see her!! Shuttle was free to and from Kauffman. A little crowded because of Skills convention. But this was the last year. Highly recommend for families.

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank NormallyPositive
Robert H, Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear, Normally Positive,

Thank you for your 5 star review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your positive comments. Tessie is one of our most valued employees, I will be sure to share your comments with her.

Robert Harmel,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Had to wait 3 hrs for my room to get ready. The air conditioning doesn't work well and is poorly managed. Asked for a refrigerator and it didn't work. Stay five minutes down the road and you can get a lot nicer hotel. Don't waste your money with this place

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear brwhenson,
Thank you for your recent comments on TripAdvisor. I find it unfortunate and regrettable that you did not have close to the enjoyable, relaxing stay that we are capable of providing and that our guests have enjoyed receiving. Please contact me at robert.harmel@hicocokey.com so we can further discuss the details of your stay.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here for a trip to the "K" with my dad and five year old son. Staff was very helpful, put us in rooms very close together and got us a view of the interstate and ballpark. The hotel is obviously an older building, but it appears they've worked hard to try to keep it modern. Our check-in/check-out experience was very easy. We were close to the elevator and you got a lot of hallway noise in the rooms. We didn't try the water park, but the great part was that the water park wasn't so in our face that we felt like we were missing anything because it was out of site out of mind. Rooms were a good value mid-week with us paying less for the two rooms than we did in St. Louis the night before. If you're headed to a Royals or Chiefs game you can pretty easily walk to the stadiums and thus save on parking. Appears they had a shuttle to the game as well which wasn't well advertised.

Room Tip: Further away from elevator is better.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear rlbrown77,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a candid review. We are glad that you found our location suitable to your needs and the staff helpful. On the other hand, please accept our apologies for the challenges you had with the noise during your stay. Your feedback has been taken note of and we will certainly take appropriate action to make sure this type of situation does not reoccur. Should you be back here in Kansas City in the future, we look forward to serving you again.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Apparently this was a busy week in KC and it was really hard to find a room anywhere in town. The event we were part of, was taking place at the Plaza. The only hotel available in that area was Intercontinental for $259 bucks a night which I refused to pay. After reading several reviews online, I went ahead and booked a couple of nights at this Hoiliday Inn thinking that it couldn't be that bad. As I was driving through some rough areas of KC to get to this hotel, I was thinking more and more about those reviews hoping that the hotel was nice. The second I got there, I realized that it wasn't going to be a pleasant night.
Exterior: the hotel is huge, but super outdated. Windows were dirty, different types of blinds in different rooms could be seen from the outside. The landscaping - does not exist, some trash, cigarrete butts all over the front entrance and the parking lot.
The hotel is definitely understaffed, because it took me around 25-30 minutes just to check in. My room was on the second floor. The second the elevator doors opened, I noticed some nasty smell in the hallway (not sure what it was). It seemed that the floor in the hallway hasnt been vacuumed for a while. The room itself was horrible: huge stains on the carpet. Believe it or not, but i kept my bags on the table. The office chair was missing a piece of vinyl and a chunk of foam. Lamps havent been dusted for a while and were outdated. The bed was gross, didnt look or feel fresh. I actually ended up sleeping with my clothes on. Water stains here and there..
As I mentioned earlier, I booked this hotel for two nights to begin with, but before I went to bed that night, I spent hours online hoping to find something else. Luckily I was able to find another hotel in Overland Park that I booked immediately. Speaking of internet - wireless coverage sucked too.
Went to get a bottle of water from vending machine on the same floor and heard sound of water dripping. Looked between the ice maker and the vending machine and noticed a puddle on the floor and drips of water all over the residential grade power strip. Later went downstairs to get a bar from the "market" - very unproffessional employee did even know how to run the cash register or do basic math.
One word to describe the hotel - Horrible.
Bottom line - save yourself a headache and money and stay somewhere else. Holiday Inn must spend some money to upgrade / remodel this place. It wouldn't hurt to hire few more people too.
Will never ever stay there again or recommend to anyone. Sorry.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Anar1104,

Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are very sorry you were not able to experience an exemplary hotel stay with us. I would like to be of further assistance which is why I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain additional information regarding your stay. We hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Ok. It gets a star for the lobby and restaurant. One star for a friendly staff. And one star for the location and nice water park. We stayed here three nights and it never got cleaned, but they did refund us our money for one night. The room is very small and the beds were tiny for a family of 4.5. It was also very hot, but the service man fixed that also. We won't stay here again, but it may fit other people better.

Stayed: June 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Machine1983,

Thank you taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our hotel staff and water park. It is regrettable that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay due the size of the room not meeting your standards. I am glad to hear that our staff made the a way to compensate for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Pleased be assured that all your comments have been taken into serious account. These will be used to consider upgrades where needed to avoid the same incident from happening in the future.

I would love for us to have the chance of welcoming you back in the future.

Faith R

Best Western Truman Inn
#5 of 18 in Independence
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel

Been to Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!