Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #73 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Florida and New Jersey
“Yuck!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

The location was great -- we could see Royals Stadium across the highway!

However, the first room we were assigned was so bad -- dark, musty, smelly. We asked for a different room. Our new room, "in the tower" was better but not great. On the floor next to the bed were little pieces of wadded and discarded paper which never got vacuumed up -- for a long time based on the dust around them.

We didn't go to the water park so cannot comment on that. The restaurant was very slow service with a VERY limited menu of mediocre pub food.

Take a pass if you can. I think this hotel is suffering under bad management.

Stayed July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear ASeas0nedTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Bloomington, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Based solely on location, this hotel has its benefits if you are attending a game at the Truman Sports Complex. Which is why I booked here.

The exterior of the hotel looks decrepit. The lobby is serviceable.

The toilet in my room would not flush unless I held the handle until all waste disappeared.

My window blinds were broken.

While there were many outlets to choose from, very few of them actually work.

My breakfast was just an additional three-dollar charge per night when I booked on hotels.com, but it wasn't worth three dollars.

Stayed July 2014
Dear HoosierTransfer,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. I'm sorry you were unhappy with the appearance of the property. Rest assured that the issues you have raised have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Thank you again for your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A

Travellers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I planned a little get together of relatives at the CoCo Keys Water Park, so we just stayed at the adjoining Holiday Inn. I had read the reviews and they were not very good. Our room was OK. The desk chair was warn and the beds creaked when you got in and out of them, but they were pretty comfortable, however, I like a hard bed. Our biggest complaint was the air conditioning. The fan was very loud. Our other complaint was NO free breakfast or even coffee in the lobby. Most hotels have free coffee in the lobby. Other than that, the stay was OK.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing West and you can see the stadiums
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear sleeper72,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs and expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with our amenities. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Karen C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Kandice and Sherri were excellent with there service and very attentive and helpful plz know that kandice did help my family numerous times. Had a great time and family was very happy. Thank you kandice and Sherri

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert H, Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear djmuzik,

It was great to hear that Kandice and Sherri provided you the WOW factor in customer service for your stay. Our front desk is constantly getting great comments from valued guests as yourself. I will make sure this gets shared with them and the front desk team. We look forward to servicing you on your next trip to the area.

Saint Joseph, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Top notch all the way! I've stayed at other hotels and this one was the most comfortable by far and they cater to your every need. From the pleasant receptionist at the desk (wow, the lobby was stunning and very spacious!) to the beautiful guest rooms and to the morning breakfast bar, everything was wonderful! The room colors were very warm and inviting and made you feel right at home. And the bed was so cozy comfortable that we decided to sleep in alittle longer! Cudos to Robert, the operations manager and Candice, the receptionist for making our stay very enjoyable! We will definitely be back and I highly recommend to all when staying in Kansas City, this hotel is the best! Oh, I almost forgot, we could look out our room window and see a great view of the Chiefs football stadium and the Royals baseball stadium! WOW!

David DeSpain
IHG rewards member
Stayed 04.19.2014

Room Tip: Stay in one of the top floor rooms. A great view of the Kansas City skyline and the stadiums!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear David D,

David, thank you for your stay and being a valued IHG rewards member. We are going through a large amount of change at the property it was truly my pleasure to personalize your experience and provide you the stay you expected. I have shared your comments with Kandice as well. She is a true asset. Again, thank you for the opportunity to personally serve you and I look forward to your next visit so that you can enjoy the hotel and our great customer service.

Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had read the reviews before booking our stay a the Holiday Inn so had little expectation that I would love the place. Well, that proved to be true BUT I did like it. The hotel lobby is beautiful and check-in was a breeze. The staff at front was friendly and knowledgeable plus +++ although I had booked the room without the water park package, I was able to get a great deal for our group of 5. When we walked into our hotel room, my first impression was that the room was clean...enough. As other reviewers have said, the carpets in the hallways and rooms need a thorough shampooing (or replacing) so an odor wafts throughout those areas upstairs. In addition upon entering our room, we encountered fixture issues that housekeeping should have addressed prior to our arrival (an entry light didn't work, the bathroom sink plug was broken, the toilet chain disconnected easily) but these inconveniences were fixed right away so thumbs up to HI's front desk for the courteous and prompt customer service. So far, we're off to an OK start. We headed straight to the water park after unpacking. Fortunately or unfortunately though, because I had stayed at another chain's water park resort in June, the comparisons were on from the very beginning. Overall, I would say that this one had a lot of great features too - the water was as warm as promised and it had the slides, the lazy river, the toddler area, the pool, adult hot tub, snack shops, wet bar and more - everything that kids and adults desire. And we played here for hours at a time all 3 days. For a resort that allows street guests as well, the place didn't feel overly crowded. Now for the downside and here is where my comparisons don't help - first, there wasn't a lot of walking room or space between the features; sometimes it felt tight getting through and around the people that were there. Also there was a certain lack of professionalism or lack of training of staff in the establishment. For instance, anywhere you go in the USA there is to be absolutely no running around water. This wasn't enforced. And depending on the lifeguard in areas, things were overlooked like height restrictions and cutting in. Big kids were allowed in the toddler pools and any kid in the adult hot tub. Also, the inner tubes for floating and sliding were not maintained. For example at the Lodge, lifeguards whistled at you if you didn't put your tube away immediately after use which kept the pool clean and the guards on top of inflation. Here, empty tubes floated everywhere and deflated tubes were left everywhere as well. Also dry towels weren't readily available at Cocokey so as soon as fresh ones were set on a ledge (that is how many or how few were set out), they were gone. I nearly lost it when at one point, I watched as a boy spit wads into the pool for entertainment while waiting on the stairs to go down one of the slides but I couldn't get a lifeguard's attention in time to stop him. I know kids will be kids and a lot of stuff goes in these pools but c'mon, it's a bit gross to watch it being done on purpose. We stayed Fri-Sun. Friday, we ordered pizza. On Sat. evening, we ordered room service which was decently prepared and reasonably priced except that the menu in the room was outdated so I was a bit frustrated when told that my initial selection was no longer offered when I had been looking forward to it all day! The free wifi did not work for me either which was annoying. It disconnected constantly and therefore was a complete waste of time (I kept trying). Finally, as we prepared to leave the hotel today, I noticed that the wall vent in the room by which we had laid one of our suitcases was covered in dust. Eeewwww and no wonder my daughter was having allergy issues and actually ran home for her inhaler on Friday. We had thought that perhaps she was having issues with pet dander left behind although I didn't know if pets were allowed there. This vent issue was a little over the top especially when the vent is at ground level and would take under a minute to clean. Additionally during our visit, we had found a paper bag underneath a club chair we moved to accommodate seating for the kids. So the reviews on this hotel about housekeeping are right on. The staff needs to use the time between 11:00 and 4:00 to pay more attention to detail or maybe management needs to staff more appropriately. I will say that our room did get picked up during the day so unlike others who had to call, we didn't have that problem. Checkout was quick and easy (the invoice under the door, a key drop-off). I would probably do the water park again if the deal were right and skip the hotel because I live here and there is definitely an issue with housekeeping that can't be ignored so I'll take my dust for free. That's saying a lot because I love hotels and am never ready to come home! In fact, we just got back from CA/Disneyland two days prior and we were already out again. It's a long review but I wanted to give as much of the experience as possible.

Room Tip: I requested a top floor based on other traveler tips but didn't get it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank teankc
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear teankc,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Lincoln
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and two kids just got back from this place. I'll start with the few negatives that we experienced.
The beds absolutely suck and lighting in rooms are not what I've come to expect out of a Holiday Inn. The kitchen is not consistent. For example we ate the buffet breakfast on Friday. They have the powdered eggs that every hotel has. They were not bad, I mean how can you mess up powdered eggs? Well this morning we had the buffet and my 8 month old wouldn't even eat the eggs(they looked and tasted like cheesy cottage cheese) and he tries to eat everything!! Now on to the good stuff...
Charlie, from the restaurant, was great!! She served us every evening we stayed there and was absolutely amazing!! We told her what our plans were for the following day and she actually cared enough to ask about them the next day!!! Tessy(hope that's spelled right), makes some pretty amazing drinks. I love Bloody Mary's and she makes them pretty good! Since I was already at my destination, I drank 2-3 each night. Even the host(I'm sorry I never got his name) was awesome too!! On to the waterpark...it was great, it was included in with the hotel and kept my family entertained. Not too crowded, a lifeguard every 10 feet, just all around a good experience. We will be returning

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
Dear RCollins NE,

Thank you for your recent stay and review of the property. As many other guests it was wonderful to hear how great of a time Charlie, Tessie and Michael our host provided you in the bar area. I am concerned about your breakfast experience as we do use a fresh liquid egg product but apparently did a poor job of preparing them during your stay. I have made our new Chef aware of this to ensure we are putting a consistent high quality product out for our guests. Again, thank you for the review and we look forward to serving you next time you are in the KC area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
816 Hotel
#20 of 109 in Kansas City
Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex

Been to Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!