“Slow, But Worth It”

Island Spice Caribbean
Ranked #634 of 1,473 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I asked my husband to pick up take out after work because I had heard great things about this place. The three of us really liked the food - we shared three dishes - braised beef, jerk chicken, curried goat. The braised beef was hands-down the best to me - so very tasty. Great sauce. My husband liked the goat best and it was good. The jerk chicken was ok - a little dry. The cabbage that is served with all of the dishes is amazingly tasty - we all loved it. And they had this little fritter like thing - that was wonderful. I used don't like fried dough items, but this was really good. All in all I wound eat here again. Now - my husband laughed about the experience of picking up the food. He said there were only a couple of people in the place - but that it took a very long time to get the order. He said everyone was very pleasant - but maybe too laid back for some. If you are in a rush - pick another day to go. But we thought the wait was worth it.