“Terrific service and great coffee”
Review of McLain’s Bakery

McLain’s Bakery
Ranked #9 of 30 Bakeries in Kansas City
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Description: A Kansas City tradition (since 1945), McLain's Bakery has been making the highest quality pastries, cookies, cakes and breads for the past 70 years. Come on in for one of your old favorites, whether it's our famous chocolate cup cookies, a fruit danish, or a coffee cake. Then, take a look around and try something new, maybe a cup of hot Thou Mayest coffee, a cold glass of milk from the local Shatto Milk Company, or a fresh loaf of artisan bread.
Reviewed 20 September 2018

Stopped in to McLain's briefly today for a coffee. The baked goods are amazing and the coffee is terrific, but what I really like is the friendly staff. I only come here a couple of times per month when I'm in KC for business...but this is definitely my go-to place for coffee and baked awesomeness in this area.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Brought my niece “McLain” and my daughter to this bakery and we were not disappointed. We went on a Sunday around 10 am and was glad we got there when we did. There wasn’t a line and we were able to find a table quickly. Seating is limited. The people were friendly, the food was fresh and delicious, and the peanut butter bites were amazing! Hope to get to visit here again!

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

The best Chocolate Cup cookies still!!!!!! I had to fly back to New York with two dozen to start, wishing I could find a baker that knows the secret to these delicious favorites!

Reviewed 3 July 2018

Wife and I ate here for breakfast. Wife had biscuits and gravy and I had sweet potato hash and ham. Both were delicious. Also had iced coffee which was prepared just right. Inside the bakery they use commercial bakery mixer components in the light fixtures. You can watch the food preparation inside or sit outside and enjoy your decadent selection.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I regularly go to Lamar's (Johnson Drive) - also one time I went in to get a large box of 'holes' for a celebration of a nurse award at Children's Mercy, and when I told them, they would not let me pay for the box (Main Street Location)! I love when Kansas Citians take care of KC- THe hometown pride made me forever loyal!