“Good "priceline" value.”

Ranked #20 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Iowa
“Good "priceline" value.”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Great location for walking around the Plaza area. Staff was always friendly. No hot water for showering, luke warm at best. Free parking in the ramp across the street. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
EdStevens, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, 7 December 2011
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza. I am sorry to hear that the hot water was not satisfactory for you. I will have my lead engineer run some varies testing to make sure it is up to code.

Thank you again, and I look forward to your next stay at the Sheraton Suites.

Ed Stevens

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
new jersey
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Spent 3 nights here with my family - 2 rooms. Separate living room and bedroom - 2 tvs - microwave and small fridge. Also has a coffee maker - 1 cup. Not much storage at all - only a small dresser and small closet. Room was overall comfortable, but it was on the small side. My son shared a room with my husband and myself, he slept on the sofa bed and by the last night he was bit uncomfortable on it ( I guess most sofa beds are not comfortable) It was nice that he had his own TV. I think 4 people in the room would be very tight. The bathroom opened into the bedroom or the living room. The door going into the bedroom was sliding and did not close all the way so when someone went to the bathroom in the night it would basically light up the whole bedroom. Also the slider was hard to open and close. We learned by the second night to leave the slider closed and just go through the door in the living room for minimal disturbances. The bathroom was a bit worn - rust by the drain and also the water did not get hot enough. Wasn't cold just got warm -then again I like my showers hot. It was quiet in the rooms which I value highly. I was a bit worried since it was Thanksgiving weekend and I knew it was sold out. Housekeeping was not great for one of the days. Didn't empty the garbage or change the towels. Didn't call about it since we had enough towels and could live with the garbage another day. This hotel was in a great location - right next to the plaza. Parking garage underneath which supposedly is $12/day but we never got charged. Staff very nice for the most part.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jkpemay
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel about your recent stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel and the Plaza during your time here. We appreciate the feedback on the areas for improvement and we will work to make changes where necessary.

Thanks again and come back and see us next time.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 November 2011

An especially nice Sheraton located within easy walking distance of the best shops and restaurants in KC. My room was well appointed and comfortable, with a sitting room separated from the bedroom by French doors. The front desk was very helpful and accommodating when I had work-related issues--absolutely some of the nicest receptionists I have encountered.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
EdStevens, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
I was so happy to read of your positive experience at our hotel. It means so much to us when people take the time to tell us how they enjoyed their stay. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Sincerely

Leavenworth
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I loved the suite setup of the room, with a proper bedroom, bathroom, and living area. Everything was comfortable. Service was excellent. Location was great.

One thing - while the bed linens were *outstanding* to touch, they don't use fitted sheets, and the bottom sheet was not big enough for the job.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
EdStevens, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your patronage with the Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza.

I do apologize for the issue with your room. Rest assured I have forward your comments to the Housekeeping Department heads so that we may continue to develop our product and service for our future guest.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again in the future,

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Spent a Saturday night at this hotel to celebrate a weekend getaway. When arriving our room had a dirty stained comforter, hotel phone that was not working properly with static and noise and dirty washcloth with orange stains. The hotel brought a new comforter and apologized. The hotel is a great location but parking was more than expected at 12.00 and signs that say not responsible for accidents and theft posted in the garage and the staff recommended a restaurant bar location that was not impressive with unfriendly staff , wallpaper coming off wall, hotel is nice but needs improvements and better housekeeping to notice small details.

Room Tip: ask room a upper floor room not facing the parking garage below parking is 12
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Unfortunately, we were unable to deliver during your stay and have addressed our areas of improvement with our Sheraton Family. We are continuing to strive to exceed our guests’ expectations. Please contact me prior to your next stay at our property as I would like to thank you in person.

Always at your Service,

Travellers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 November 2011

My wife and I spent two nights at Sheraton suites in Kansas city country club plaza and thoroughly enjoyed the location. The room was excellent.... Clean with a nice view and the hotel is in a great location. Nice and close to shopping , great food, and entertainment. Shortly after arriving we noticed the in room refrigerator didn't work. A repairman was there in minutes and left saying it was fixed. Never did work...Informed the front desk at check out and was given points on our account for our next visit at that hotel???? I would certainly recommend this hotel, but $12.00 anight for parking? In Kansas City? REALLY......

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
EdStevens, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us as we do appreciate feedback from our guest’s. I sincerely apologize that the refrigerator was not properly fixed upon the initial attempt. But I am glad that my front desk took care of your concerns. The points that were given to you are good at any Starwood property.

Again, thank you for letting us know where improvement is needed so that we may continue to develop our product and service.

St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 1 November 2011

My wife and I spent a weekend at the hotel as a fall getaway. The hotel is located on the northwest corner of the Country Club Plaza with excellent shops, restaurants and drinking establishments within easy walking distance. We selected a king bed suite with a separate sitting area having a microwave and a small refrigerator. The room was equipped with a 32-inch flat screen TV in the sitting area and in the bedroom. The bathroom was clean, had an excellent shower with adequate supply of towels. The front desk personnel were attentive and provided us with excellent service (calling a cab and providing driving directions).

We found the room to be clean but space was tight. The room was just big enough for two people to cooperatively navigate but if you have more in your party this will be a problem. We did not sample the dining options offered at the hotel and from what we observed not to many other guests did either. With a Ruth Chris Steakhouse just outside the hotel entrance, that is understandable.

The room is available at a fair price across the Internet and we would recommend this hotel for those visiting the Country Club Plaza area.

Room Tip: Get as big a room as possible as they seem to run on the small side.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at the Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza. It is always welcoming to know when our guest has had a memorable experience.

Please keep us in mind for your next getaway to Kansas City.