“Trip to watch KC Royals”

Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza
Ranked #17 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 29 June 2012

The employees at front of the hotel were very nice and professional. There was a mix up on our room that were resevered in Feb. The hotel wanted to change rooms from two doubles to two kings.
housekeeping sucked. One day after the room were cleaned we found 3 of the bed unmade!
carpet was nasty....bathrooms were nasty
Location good for plaza shopping. But I recommend anywhere but here

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know where improvement is needed. Your comments are very importance to us as it is what allows us to continue to improve our product and service.

Again, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

As I drove in on Friday evening the 22nd, I was greeted by a valet/bellman who called me by name throughout the trip, and was of great help more than once with directions, items left in car, and etc. In fact, all staff were great, but in particular I want to single out this one fellow for praise. There were a lot of students staying there, and the staff always had their smiling faces. The location, as so many mention, is perfect, on the west side of the Plaza. And if you're luck enough to be on the Club floor, the breakfast and amenities are great. Yes, the rooms may seem a little "tired", and we had one little fumble with housekeeping accidentally missing our room, but that was it. A great place, and I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher floors have good views, and elevators always came quickly.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback. It is inviting to know that my staff stayed well connected throughout your stay with us. In addition, that you had a chance to utilize some of our facilities. I am also delighted you choose to stay with us in spite of some of the “less than great” trip advisory reviews.

We wish you well and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

While everyone agrees the hotel has a great location, there are quite obvious flaws with the property. While we all appreciate your responses, please address the biggest hurdle this hotel has...it is in DIRE need of renovation. When can this be expected? It seems like a huge waste of a great asset to me to let thus hotel become so run down when it has such a great location. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE when will this be fixed?

Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
EdStevens, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

We do continually invest money back into the hotel. Recently we have completed the following projects, with new bedding, 2 LCD TV in all guestsuites, a new fitness center with state of the art cardio equipment. 2012 we have many projects to ensure that we are making our guests experience better, from new carpet in all public space to the new front drive.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, I hope that I have been helpful. We hope you can come stay with us soon to see what improvements we have made.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Friendly staff. Nice room. Very comfy room. Bed was awesome. Ice machine down the hall didn't work.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

We want to take the opportunity to thank you for providing feedback. As you mentioned our strengths at the hotel, we are so happy to have met those needs. We do apologize for your ice machine not working on your floor. We have addressed this and are continuing to make every effort to improve our products.

Always at your Service,

Ed Stevens,

Reviewed 7 June 2012

If I could I would give this maybe a 3.5 or so. The room was clean, and having the suite was nice. It was nice to have a room with a small couch. I was a solo business traveler but there were families there and i am assuming the suite would be good for them. The people who worked at the hotel were nice enough. I went to the gym which was fine, and there were 2 pools (indoor and out). I guess it just felt, like the reviewer rastaman85 said, a bit downscale. I think the rooms, decor could need a pick me up. And the elevator takes forever. But the location is good, right near a lot of shops, etc..... I will probably try another hotel next time to see if it is any better. But if forced to stay again I would not be upset.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us as we do appreciate feedback from our guest’s. I hope you had time to take advantage of the plaza being so close. It is inviting to know that my staff stayed well connected throughout your stay with us. In addition, that you had a chance to utilize some of our facilities. I am also delighted you choose to stay with us in spite of some of the “less than great” trip advisory reviews. We are always making improvement to the hotel and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

I had travelled to Kansas City to spend some time with an old friend and she raved about having to go to the Plaza, being from Southern California she compared to Fasion Island in Newport Beach with more charm. I stayed at the Sheraton Suites which was literally steps away from the plaza which was magnificant. While awaiting for her to meet me after I got settled in my room 2 things struck me. One was the property needed a face lift. The other was how amazing the service was, I MEAN AMAZING! The front dest was more than accomodating making me feel like I was at home, the bartender was humurous, knowlegeable and highly skilled. It seemed at every turn from doorman to housekeeper that I found a warm smile and gracious service. In reality a good bed and a TV are my basic needs for hotel travel, but service is totally what makes the experience for me. The service here was second to none and made me a believer in what true hospitality is supposed to be.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

I am thrilled to hear about your stay here in Kansas City - especially your comments regarding our staff they are truly consummate service professionals and have great passion for taking care of the guests. I have passed your comments on to them.

Thank you for sending your message - it is through feedback from our guests that we gauge if we are meeting our service goals.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

My best friend and I stayed at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza the weekend of her bachelorette party. This was a great location for our group of friends to meet and then hit the town. The location is exactly what she wanted and the room was great! The suite was quiet, clean and arranged well for the room-size. We never waited too long for an elevator. The staff was exceptional and I feel like we got exactly what we paid for, which is not always the case when staying somewhere new. We were greeted with a smile from each employee we met or spoke with. I neglected to write down the name of the woman that checked us in, but she was great and went above and beyond.
Parking was convenient and safe. The pool was beautiful. It was Mother's Day weekend and the hotel did a great job of providing details for area events. I will definitely stay here again when I need a room close to the Plaza. Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marianne65804
EdStevens, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I must agree that we as well enjoy our location and how fortunate that it resides within walking distance of numerous merchants and restaurants.
We hope you have a chance to visit us again.