“Good Location”

Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza
Ranked #17 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We stayed here with our little baby. The rooms are a close walk to the shops on the Plaza which is why we booked it. I enjoyed the club level, it was easy to get breakfast and snacks in the evenings on the 16th floor. The bed is separate from the living room which is nice. Space was tight with the crib. The room is not really clean. Dust bunnies in the corners. No fan in the bathroom.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kimmySK
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Hello kimmySK!
Thank you so much for taking the time to let the world know about your experience with us! I am so happy to hear you were pleased with the separate bedroom in our suites and the club level amenities. Also, I am glad to hear you feel our location does make experiencing the Plaza so easy. We are really excited for the upcoming Holiday Season with the Plaza lights.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the cleanliness of your suite. This is something we take very seriously. We will share your comments with our Housekeeping team and work to resolve these issues. Please feel free to contact me if this is something you would like to discuss further.
Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

On the one hand, hotel staffer Helen Sifers provided excellent service when I realized that I would arrive at the property after room service closed after several regional flights. She sent me a room service menu electronically and arranged delivery to my room before they shut down which was greatly appreciated. On the other hand, the room's thermostat was set to 64 degrees so it was freezing in there and and at high energy expense. Further, the dining room barrista at breakfast (9:00) was loud and foul mouthed while the buffet was being taken down. Location was fine but perched on a steep hill for any mobility impaired guests that may want to cruise the immediate and very nice Country Club neighborhood restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank jeff b

Hello j b!
Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your experience with us! I am so happy to hear that you feel Helen is a great asset to our team. I am sorry we were unable to maintain that sentiment consistently throughout the rest of our team. Whether great or not-so-great, we always share our comments with our team. We will be sure to share your comments and go over ways to consistently improve our service.
Please feel free to contact me if there is anything you would like to discuss further regarding your past experience with us.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

I booked the Sheraton on Priceline so it was $75 cheaper than it's usual rate. The room I booked was a king suite with a sofabed, but when we got there we asked for a double and got it. I think most of the sofas make into beds. I have stayed at this hotel several times, and I really like certain aspects of it, mostly the location. It charges for internet and parking and breakfast is expensive, so we always walk down the street to the Classic Cup for an amazing breakfast. Equally expensive but way more worth it. Parking is easy, though, and there always seems to be plenty of it. We checked our bags the next morning and left the car in the garage while we toured the Plaza Art Fair. We didn't get our car until almost 4 pm. The valet (Jamaican maybe?) who checked our backs was an exuberantly friendly fellow with a smile a mile wide. Every staff member we met was very helpful and friendly. I had left my phone charger at home and the desk clerk found a huge basket of left-behind chargers to see if we could find one to fit my phone but to no avail.
The rooms are nice, and the doubles could easily sleep four people. The beds are super comfortable and there is an abundance of pillows. Though if you're allergic to feathers find one that isn't. My friend woke up with puffy eyes the next morning. The bathroom has a rather awkward arrangement of two doors, one sliding from the bedroom and one opening from the living room. There is always plenty of Starbucks coffee and a choice of teas, a large fridge, and a microwave.
This hotel is located at the west end of the main Plaza area, so it is easy to get to, probably has a bit less traffic than the rest of the Plaza, and is quieter. There is a great pool and a very large pool area if you have time for that. You will have to walk a few blocks to restaurants and shopping, but this part of KC is so pretty that you will want to do that anyway.

Room Tip: Pick the west side if you can. The other side of the hotel faced a huge office building.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lyn S
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Hello Lyn S!
Thank you so much for taking the time to let the world know about your experience at the Sheraton Suites- Country Club Plaza! I am so happy to hear you felt our staff was “very helpful and friendly” as we strive to excel in the service our team provides. Much like you, I feel we have a great location for our guests to truly experience the Country Club Plaza and look forward to providing all of our guests with a great experience this upcoming holiday season.
Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Stayed at the Sheraton Suites for a two-day business trip. The rooms were spacious, as one would expect for an all-suite hotel. I was at the end of a hall so it was also very quiet. Internet was not free, which is ridiculous, but there was free internet in the lobby. Go figure.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2012

The location of the property is excellent and more suited for the weekend activities my wife and I had this weekend. I am a Starwood Gold member and normally get an upgraded room when I check in but with KU and the Chiefs playing over the weekend, there were no upgraded suites available. The valet was convenient and for only $3 more than self it was nice not to have to deal with parking after a very early flight into town. The gold perk of 250 star points, free drink or free wifi is a no brainer...with our devices in our room we travel with, the wifi was a good choice and AT&T was the service provider for the hotel and service was solid. We got a corner room as our quasi upgrade which was a bit bigger and had a bar sink where the fridge and microwave was. The mini freezer in the fridge was not cleaned out and had two frozen half eaten sub sandwiches from Firehouse subs from former occupants, had rust on the shower head and without a fitted sheet on the mattress sound the sheets which were of low thread count bunching up and uncomfortable. The room showed signs of wear - scuff marks and scratches on the walls and really worn looking cabinetry by the refrigerator. Hotel staff was pleasant and professional. i am glad we stayed on points but next time I think I will stay at the Westin.

Room Tip: If you are an SPG member, be sure to ask for an upgraded room or a corner room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in early August. The location is great as you can walk to restaurants, bars, etc. Rooms, while a bit small, were nice and cozy with comfortable furniture and mattresses. Staff was very pleasant and helpful! Very convenient and a pretty nice venue. Would definatelly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Get a room in one of the higher floors to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Franklin H
EdStevens, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location and suite during your recent stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and thank you for allowing us to make you feel like you belong!

Always at your service,

Ed Stevens

Reviewed 4 September 2012

There is know place like the Plaza and the hotel is a perfect place to stay. Great room and service. They make you feel welcome from the minute you arrive and are responsive to any request. Underground parking is a plus. The location made exploring the Plaza very easy.

Room Tip: ask for a plaza view. corner suites are great
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JLWinOK

I was so happy to read of your positive experience at our hotel. It means so much to us when people take the time to tell us how they enjoyed their stay. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Always at your service,