“Luxury and location!!”

Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza
Ranked #17 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 9 October 2009

We decided to stay here because it was close to a concert that we were going to see that night. Upon arrival we were treated amazingly. The rooms were fantastic. The location was fantastic. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is wanting to stay in this part of Kansas City. I actually can't wait to go back...just need a reason to.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 October 2009

Overall the stay was good. I like the location as I was on the Plaza quite often. The lobby, restaurant and hallways were well maintained. The pool needed to be cleaned (it wasn’t disgusting - it just needed a little vacuuming.) The rooms are nice, however, mine smelled. Possibly smoke even though the hotel is non smoking now. The shower needed some TLC - caulking would have gone a long way. I didn’t have a lot of interaction with most of the staff, but they were courteous when contacted. The restaurant staff was great and the breakfast was perfect for my 15 month old and me.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2009

breakfast is an additional 14.95 for the buffet unless you are really hungry it is not worth the money

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2009

We won this hotel using a Priceline bid. I was a bit skeptical from a few of the posts but found the hotel to be very comfortable for our stay and it had a very good location on the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City.

We had a king suite room. The room didn't have much of a view but I didn't expect a view as a Priceline customer. It was set up as a suite with a seperate sitting area and french doors seperating the bedroom area from the sitting area. It was not a large room but was comfortable for the two of us. There was a mini fridge and microwave oven. The sitting area had a good size flat panel TV. Check in was efficient and staff were friendly. This hotel allows pets and we ran into the occasional dog going down for a walk. We did not have the opportunity to use any of the features such as the swimming pool, restaurant/bar or online services. There was a daily charge for wireless in the room so I passed on that feature as well.

Self parking was $10 and the parking spaces are somewhat cramped. There is free parking within easy walking distance if you don't mind leaving your car in a public garage overnight. They offer valet service but, since we did not use that service I'm not certain of the cost. When we check in there was no bell boy visable to assist with luggage but, since we were there only one night, we really didn't have any luggage to speak of.

We travel at least 6 weeks out of the year plus a few additional nights/weekends in hotels along the way. While not one of the top hotels we've stayed in it certainly isn't a hotel I'd avoid nor leave in the middle of a stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dougandshelley
Reviewed 13 August 2009

I'm a frequent traveler and it's the little things that add up for a lousy stay. 1.) No gratis USA Today, had to pay. 2.) No free wireless. 3.) No complimentary food. 4.) Daily parking charge is ridiculous. 5.) Front desk staff was dismissive and rude. 6.) Cancelled third night, checked in at Hampton Inn around the corner. Sheraton still billed my CC for third night.

Hampton Inn just around the corner has better beds, complimentary breakfast, free wireless, USA Today delivered to room, parking about half the cost and everyone was very nice.

Sheraton has lost my business.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
EdStevens, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2010

I saw the review you posted and apologies that our hotel didn’t live up to your expectations. Regarding what you felt was rude treatment by our staff over the telephone. I would be interested to learn more details about what you experienced and would appreciate you contacting me at estevens@Sheratonsuites.com

Ed Stevens

Reviewed 3 August 2009

The hotel is very nice and the beds quite comfortable. The service leads much to be desired.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank peanut9467
Reviewed 2 August 2009

The location was good, the room was clean, the service needs much improvement.
The parking was $10.00 a day wich is ridiculous! you can park across the street for free.
The parking lot was a bit scary and dark. We did not feel safe. the gift shop is closet size. Thank goodness it only cost $69.00 per night because that is all it was worth!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family