“Terrible Customer Service”

Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza
Ranked #20 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 28 October 2009

Valet parking backed my vehicle into a pole and didn't tell me. Found huge dent in my bumper and yellow paint on the back of my vehicle and notified the front desk. Acted concerned at first and all but admitted fault. Traded information and left with high hopes that they would make it right. Called back next day and started to get the run around. They advised I would have to file with my insurance and they would file with theirs and our insurance companies would fight it out. Not ideal, but knew they were at fault so things would work out. Asked for information about surveillance video of the parking garage and if they contract our their valet service was told they are not at liberty to give me that information. Finally after 3 weeks have been advised that they are not going to file it at all with their insurance. Don't ever go here!!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank courtrwelch
EdStevens, Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2009

Dear Courtrwelch,

I do apologies for the recent event involving your car being damaged. I am in contact with the insurance company and look resolve the issue soon.

Sincerely

Ed Stevens

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza

Reviewed 23 October 2009

I was greeted with a warm smile and upgraded to a concierge level suite w/o incident. Awesome view of the Country Club Plaza. The bed was amazing, we all agree. Substantial petite dejeuner a chaque matin. D'accord? Oui. The best area in the midwest to be w/ many inlets and growths to expound upon but not now. Loved the live theatre @ UMKC, the Lyric, Uptown, Midland etc. Live music abundant right out front w/ the Transients @ Tomfooleries or Blondie, Cowboy Mouth, Canadian Ragweed @ the Crossroads just down the parkway. Barbeque manna smoke wafting to my deck from Jack Stack and Gates BBQ. Granfalloon still almost there. ReVerse new and goo. Classic Cup spot on. P&L something else w/ all attachments possi8ble! Figlio, Accursos Deli, d'Bronx, Plaza III, Hereford House, Aixois, Johnnie's, Starkers, Fred P. Otts, Trio, Jake Edward's @ Murphys'=great bbq brisket, OK Joes is NOT the best but good enough. Gates and Arthur Bryants still hold my smokey heart and cause my globulate cardiac arrests. Nothing but Andres Confiserie Suisse can satisfy me. Best place yet.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2009

I have stayed at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza in KC many times over the years, but my favorite time of year to stay there is during the holiday season. It is a great base hotel for shopping on the Plaza. Prices are reasonable, the rooms are nice, and most importantly for my wife -- the bedding, towels, and bathroom are all nicer than most hotels of this level that we have stayed in.

I simply love the location. Next door (virtually) to Ruth's Chris steakhouse. Just down the street from Barnes and Noble and several coffee shops. Theater just around the corner and all the shopping you can care to do. We have several restaurants that we love on the Plaza and simply love that we don't have to arrange transportation back to our hotel after sharing two bottles of wine.

The only negative that I have regarding the hotel is that the drop off/parking garage area can be a bit crowded during the holidays and it is easy to get blocked in while registering at the hotel. But if that's all you can complain about, that's not bad....

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2009

We decided to stay here because it was close to a concert that we were going to see that night. Upon arrival we were treated amazingly. The rooms were fantastic. The location was fantastic. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is wanting to stay in this part of Kansas City. I actually can't wait to go back...just need a reason to.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Overall the stay was good. I like the location as I was on the Plaza quite often. The lobby, restaurant and hallways were well maintained. The pool needed to be cleaned (it wasn’t disgusting - it just needed a little vacuuming.) The rooms are nice, however, mine smelled. Possibly smoke even though the hotel is non smoking now. The shower needed some TLC - caulking would have gone a long way. I didn’t have a lot of interaction with most of the staff, but they were courteous when contacted. The restaurant staff was great and the breakfast was perfect for my 15 month old and me.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2009

breakfast is an additional 14.95 for the buffet unless you are really hungry it is not worth the money

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2009

We won this hotel using a Priceline bid. I was a bit skeptical from a few of the posts but found the hotel to be very comfortable for our stay and it had a very good location on the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City.

We had a king suite room. The room didn't have much of a view but I didn't expect a view as a Priceline customer. It was set up as a suite with a seperate sitting area and french doors seperating the bedroom area from the sitting area. It was not a large room but was comfortable for the two of us. There was a mini fridge and microwave oven. The sitting area had a good size flat panel TV. Check in was efficient and staff were friendly. This hotel allows pets and we ran into the occasional dog going down for a walk. We did not have the opportunity to use any of the features such as the swimming pool, restaurant/bar or online services. There was a daily charge for wireless in the room so I passed on that feature as well.

Self parking was $10 and the parking spaces are somewhat cramped. There is free parking within easy walking distance if you don't mind leaving your car in a public garage overnight. They offer valet service but, since we did not use that service I'm not certain of the cost. When we check in there was no bell boy visable to assist with luggage but, since we were there only one night, we really didn't have any luggage to speak of.

We travel at least 6 weeks out of the year plus a few additional nights/weekends in hotels along the way. While not one of the top hotels we've stayed in it certainly isn't a hotel I'd avoid nor leave in the middle of a stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple