“Kansas City Downtown Embassy Suites”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza
Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Fayetteville, United States
“Kansas City Downtown Embassy Suites”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The hotel furnishings were awesome as well as the cleanliness and relative friendliness of the lobby staff. However the cleaning staff failed at leaving me alone during my request, while feeling ill. I got woken up and walked in on twice during sleep by the same staff and then another bang on the door by some other staff. It really sucked!!!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Comments from our guests are taken very seriously as we value your patronage. Again I apologize for the disappointments during your stay you had with us.

Asst. General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Every time I make a reservation at the Embassy Suites - Kansas City Plaza, Elizabeth in reservations is incredibly helpful and pleasant to deal with. She never quits in trying to accommodate my dates of travel and finding me the best rates. I wish more hotels had employees like Elizabeth.

Good afternoon A P

I am happy that other hotels do not have the High caliber of staff like Ms. Elizabeth; she definitely gives us the edge with her natural talents of taking care of her guests. It is such a critical point in the overall hotel experience and she definitely enjoys seeing guests enjoy their stay. Thanks again for your comments and also for your continued patronage of our Hotel

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I am a business traveler and go to Kansas City quite often. Everytime I deal with Liz from reservations she makes everything so easy. Her customer service as well as all the staff is second to none. I definately recommend the Embassy on the Plaza

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Good morning Jay R

WOW! What a great title of a review of your stay and experience at our hotel! We are lucky to have a great staff that enjoys their work. I was pleased to see that you found Elizabeth and all of the staff you encountered to exceed your service expectations! Thanks for your continued patronage of our hotel and I hope it continues long into the future.

Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I have stayed at many Embassy Suites and the majority of them are older properties in varying conditions. This one is an older property and while it's not perfect, the bar area is nice with good sports viewing opportunities and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

For business travel, this is a good choice 5 min from the Plaza.

Good afternoon Jas121475

What a beautiful little one in your picture! Thank you for a great concise review of your stay with us and your overall view of the Hotel. I was happy that you found the hotel to your liking and would hope that your future business travels bring you back to Kansas City and our hotel! Thanks again for your comments and also for your patronage of our Hotel

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 25 November 2013

When I called to make my families reservation for our family vacation I was blown away with the customer service I received over the phone with Elizabeth! She went above and beyond to get what we needed. And was very informative what was close to the hotel. The hotel was beautiful and clean! I would recommend this hotel and ask for Elizabeth!! :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Hello Heidi W

Thank you for your kind words about our reservationists, Elizabeth and your stay with us. Elizabeth is a gold mine and she love to share her wealth of knowledge with guests to ensure that their stay is the best it can be. You were wise to call the hotel directly to get the most up to date knowledge on the amenities and surrounding attractions in the area. Thanks again for your comments and also for your patronage of our Hotel

Grand Cayman
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The location is great for the country club plaza

The staff could not possibly be more helpful. Nothing is too much trouble. I particularly appreciated being driven around whenever I asked, at no charge.

The rooms are a very good size, although the bathroom was very small. Everything was scrupulously clean, although some of the decor looks a bit tired.

The bar and restaurant were good, and served a very good steak. Breakfast was at the upper end of what you'd expect in a place like this.

Great value all round.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Good afternoon John H

Thank you for sharing your review with guests of Trip Advisor. I was happy to see that you found our staff and their work to your high standards. I wish you could see our staff’s reaction when I share your comments with them at our daily team huddles, it will definitely make them more driven in their service and work efforts. Thanks for your patronage and I hope your future travels bring you back to Kansas City and our Hotel.

Davenport, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I would highly recommend a stay at the Embassy Suites in Kansas City! That staff is excellent, rooms are spacious and clean, the breakfast amazing and the access to Kansas City perfect. Our entire family was impressed by the quality, service and cleanliness of this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Good Morning Richard R.

What a great way to start off the holiday week by reviewing your stay with our staff. I was happy to see that you found everything up to your expectations and was able to impress your family with your choice of hotels. Thanks again for your comments and also for your patronage of our Hotel