“Better Places to stay for the money”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza
Ranked #35 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
“Better Places to stay for the money”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Its a carnival atmosphere with little promise of a modern hotel stay. This review needs 200 characters so my review is complete in the first sentence any further notation is a further waste of time to book a room elsewhere.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family was treated like crap we visit this hotel for years I'm a honor member aswell be I want be back my family and I was visiting the hotel and got in the line for breakfast when a manager came up to us and advised "u people"meaning us black people can't came in here off the streets and eat breakfast for free ....he didn't ask if I had a room was very loud and rude and had all the other guest looking at me and my family strange.. other employees were making jokes making me and my family feel uncomfortable...after I told the manager I have two rooms here he was still rude never apologized I even asked for his name and he just walk pass me and say hold on I'll tell u when I'm ready and then walked by and said it under his breath..bottom line I will never go back I've been going to this hotel suites for years but the way me and my family was treated with no apologize was never hurtful do to the fact I'm a guest like everybody else and should be treated that way....black people can stay on the Plaza too....I will never go back again

• Stayed December 2013
4 Thank ammris82
scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Good afternoon

I hope that the individual your daughter's were visiting that morning at the hospital is doing better. I did speak to you at length that sunday in January and The staff member was counseled on his inappropriate behavior. I apologize that this still is upsetting to you 7 months later. Again, on behalf of the staff and management - I offer our apologies.

Travellers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

wichita, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at KC Embassy and will definately stay again. My son loves to pool and the made to order omlets are wonderful at breakfast. The hotel is within walking distance to the Plaza for shopping and dining. I have also stayed at Embassy in Phoenix for business many times and love the hospitality.

Killeen, Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I would not stay here again!!
we arrive and the police are arresting someone in the front of the hotel.
Noisy with the hospital close by.
The next morning we get up and look out the window and our grandson says the the wall is falling apart. A lot of water damage to the wall and window/door.
Being a Diamond member you would thing they would have put me in a nicer room or was this one of there nice rooms?
Breakfast should have been skipped.
Lastly while nibbling at the breakfast the Orkin man walks past everyone with his big spray canister. Not what any guest in a hotel wants to see!
The pool was a bright spot! nice
Please spend some money to fix up your hotel!

Room Tip: don't stay
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Good afternoon Robert K

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with the guests of trip Advisor. I apologize for the disappointments you encountered during your stay with your arrival, and your guest room. You are correct and I apologize for our staff falling short with our best guest, a Hilton Diamond member. Again, thank you for staying with us and I apologize for the disappointments during your stay you had with us. Lastly, thank you also for your patronage of our Hotels.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is kind of your above average Embassy a Suites Hotel. The breakfast is very very good. The rooms seem to have been redone nice last time I was here and the rooms are very clean. it is only a short walk to the Plaza.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Good afternoon Emil T

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and your recent stay with us. I was happy to see that you noticed the recent changes we have made since your last stay. I was also happy that you found the Hotel and the amenities to your liking and you took advantage of these during your stay. Thanks again for your kind words and for taking the time to share your stay on Trip Advisor

Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The only decent part about this hotel was the complimentary breakfast, the cooks and the clean-up at breakfast. Everything else fell below expectations for an Embassy Suites. Housekeeping, evening reception, laundry and vending are were terrible.

Dear Angeline Z

I responded to your survey from the Hotel website last night and did not want to further irritate or upset you about your recent stay with us discussing this with you further. Please note that we did discuss your review this afternoon and I also spoke to the valet manager about the parking issue. There was no excuse for the valet staff not to offer to valet your car at the self parking rate as our lot was full. Moreover although most guest’s do like to season their own Bloody Mary’s, the bar staff should have graciously offered to season the Bloody Mary for your lovely Aunt. Thank you for sharing your review with the guests of Trip Advisor. However, I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced with the Cramped Bathrooms and Breakfast areas. This time of year we are very popular with Families and that is why the breakfast areas may have been cramped in your eyes. Again, thank you for staying with us and I apologize for the disappointments during your stay you had with us
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Convenient location and friendly staff but smaller than normal bathroom in our suite. And breakfast area extremely cramped.
When traveling with children, I prefer Embassy bc of the consistent service and features. However, I may stay elsewhere next time in KC if no kids with me.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear HendrixFootball

Thank you for sharing your review with the guests of Trip Advisor. However, I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced with the Cramped Bathrooms and Breakfast areas. This time of year we are very popular with Families and that is why the breakfast areas may have been cramped in your eyes. Again, thank you for staying with us and I apologize for the disappointments during your stay you had with us. Lastly, thank you also for your patronage of our Hotels