“Good quality for the price, convenient to the airport and...”

Super 8 Kansas City Airport
Ranked #70 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Awful. We parked and stayed for our vacation. The room gave my daughter and I asthma/allergies because of the musty smell. The ceiling tile was not in place above the shower. The beds and pillows were hard. The lobby was disgusting. When we went to eat a bite/get some coffee in the A.M. the desk clerk working the breakfast area had on no shoes and smelled like he had not had a bath in weeks and then we were cooped up in the van on the way to the airport with him. Do not stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kansas City
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We made reservations on the internet so when we got to the hotel they were in place. I ask the rate and ask if they had an AARP discount or military discount, as on the internet there was no place to inquire. The man working the desk said NO, you already have the cheapest rate, and I said what is the normal rate, and he said $79.99 for two people,and I said that it said the normal rate was $59.99 for two people on line. Anyway we paid cash and went to room 110. Upon entering the room we found the towel bar broke off over the sink area and laying upon the clothes rack with two hand towels. We unpacked and later used the bathroom. It looks like new caulk and perhaps a newly installed stool. When you sit on it it moves and the back water tank clangs down every time. There was only two face cloths on the rack above the toilet and none in the sink area. We went back to the office and ask the man working if he could direct us to any shopping centers or nearby casinos. He said NO, I don't know of any. Not friendly or willing to look up any information for us. As we drove around later that evening we found Zona Rosa shopping center and The Argosy Casino all within 20 miles of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Ross M
Kansas City
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

By far the worst Super 8 we've ever stayed in through a decade of driving across the country several times a year.

Stayed here five years ago when it was a Best Western, and it's easy to see why it's not one now; even calling it a Mediocre 8 would be marketing hype. Ceiling tiles falling, fixtures mismatched, carpet old and grimy, second floor walkways rotted, parking lot and ice machine room trashy, desk chair patched together with a plastic water coupling, towel rack missing (towels hung in the closet?), A/C vibration stopped with wash cloths, sheetrock patching sloppy... and that's just to start.

"Business center" computer was out of service, so we had to go behind the front desk to print boarding passes. Front desk clerk -- who was the best part of the whole stay, a very helpful guy -- was also the shuttle driver (at 9 am?); who knows what happens when the phone rings. But except for him, nobody else seemed at all interested in being at all helpful. The guy manning the breakfast station didn't even want to make another pot of coffee.

This place will always make money because of its proximity to MCI, but it won't get any more of ours.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Eric P
Eastsound
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Due to poor business practices, Super 8 has at least two Kansas City motels called THE "airport" Super 8. One is located at the NW Plaza Circle. The other Super 8 is located near Barry Road. Both advertise shuttle service to the airport.

I am a senior citizen and did not understand that the "airport" Super 8 van that was directed to pick me up at the airport was NOT the Barry Road "airport" Super 8 where I held reservations. A young man named Majir (I hope I am spelling his name correctly) is employed at the NW Plaza Circle Super 8. After picking me up at the airport and driving me to the Plaza Circle Super 8, we realized the mistake and he phoned and requested that the Barry Road Super 8 van pick me up. The Barry Road Super 8 refused to pick me up. When I questioned him, he stated that this confusion over several Super 8 "airport" motels happens frequently and that I was the second woman having the same problem that day. Gracefully, Majir drove me to the competing Barry Road Super 8. The woman at the desk at the Barry Road Super 8 appeared very sheepish, yet attempted to argue about the situation when I entered the office.

I told Majir that I would write this review and I am doing so. I am rating this motel highly although I didn't stay there, but know that they CHOOSE to have a helpful kind employee - and that matters!

Now I will turn my focus to writing a review of the Barry Road Circle 8 motel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business