“Bed bugs! Disgusting!”

Super 8 Kansas City Airport
Ranked #66 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had a reservation for three nights. We arrived late on the first night and found that the room did not have a microwave or refrigerator like the website said when I booked since it was late we just check in and when tot sleep. After a restless night we found out in the morning that we had slept in a bed with bed bugs! I had to pick one off my husbands back! Disgusting! We killed 4 bugs on the bed. I did not expect luxury since the price was only 46 dollars per night, I paid 51 because it was suppose to have a microwave and refrigerator but since we were not going to spend much time in the room I thought it was ok but I did not expect to find bugs. We only stayed the one night we checked out right away and when I told the reception clerk he showed no concern for us or for whoever would stay there next. Gross!

Room Tip: Ask if they have or if they have recently had bed bugs when you check in.
2  Thank Maria L
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Kansas City Airport

Reviewed 23 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

1  Thank Janet C
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Awful. We parked and stayed for our vacation. The room gave my daughter and I asthma/allergies because of the musty smell. The ceiling tile was not in place above the shower. The beds and pillows were hard. The lobby was disgusting. When we went to eat a bite/get some coffee in the A.M. the desk clerk working the breakfast area had on no shoes and smelled like he had not had a bath in weeks and then we were cooped up in the van on the way to the airport with him. Do not stay here.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Douglas L
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We made reservations on the internet so when we got to the hotel they were in place. I ask the rate and ask if they had an AARP discount or military discount, as on the internet there was no place to inquire. The man working the desk said NO, you already have the cheapest rate, and I said what is the normal rate, and he said $79.99 for two people,and I said that it said the normal rate was $59.99 for two people on line. Anyway we paid cash and went to room 110. Upon entering the room we found the towel bar broke off over the sink area and laying upon the clothes rack with two hand towels. We unpacked and later used the bathroom. It looks like new caulk and perhaps a newly installed stool. When you sit on it it moves and the back water tank clangs down every time. There was only two face cloths on the rack above the toilet and none in the sink area. We went back to the office and ask the man working if he could direct us to any shopping centers or nearby casinos. He said NO, I don't know of any. Not friendly or willing to look up any information for us. As we drove around later that evening we found Zona Rosa shopping center and The Argosy Casino all within 20 miles of the hotel.

1  Thank Ross M

Sleep Inn Airport Kansas City
#72 of 109 in Kansas City
Towneplace Suites Kansas City Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport

Been to Super 8 Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Kansas City Airport

Address: 11900 NW Plaza Cir, Kansas City, MO 64153-2024
Region: United States > Missouri > Kansas City
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #66 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Price Range: £46 - £70 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Kansas City Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Kansas City Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Kansas City