“hard bed next to worlds of fun” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kansas City-Worlds of Fun Hotel

Kansas City-Worlds of Fun Hotel
Ranked #87 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Lawrence, Kansas, United States
“hard bed next to worlds of fun”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Everything was fine about this room except that my husband did not sleep very well since the mattress was very hard. He has a bad back. I may keep this hotel in mind for the future since I have a season pass for worlds of fun for next year. You can see the roller coasters from the window so that is really cool. The free breakfast is pretty much a continental breakfast since they do not have much to choose from. It is nice to have a cheap room next to worlds of fun!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DaysInn_KC, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City-Worlds of Fun Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
As always, our goal is to provide great guest service, competitive rates
and refreshing guest rooms. We hope to see you soon.

Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Hamilton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

It was okay. Would have had a better stay at the Super 8 down the road. They allow later breakfast availability even when arriving late.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Ron,

Thank you for the review! We are pleased to offer
a wholesome and delicious breakfast. Our guests will be treated
to a variety of tempting and satisfying options. Hope to see you soon!

Guest Services
DENVER
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We decided last minute to stay in Kansas City while driving through to Denver. Unfortunately, a lot of the chains we usually stay at were booked due to the Chiefs/Broncos game. We were traveling with our dog so we had to have a place that was pet friendly as well. This was a reasonable price so we tried it.

The pillow cases had obviously not been washed since people had stayed there before. There was makeup smudges on one, something oily on another and they just looked stained. The sheets looked ok. There was no soap, no shampoo or conditioner, and the tub was black on the bottom. Ya know there is this thing called bleach.....We had to unplug the fridge because it made such a loud humming noise. It may have had a new tv and new dresser but maybe they should spend their money on the actual maintenance and cleaning of the building and rooms!!!

We weren't going to stay long, it was already after midnight so I would have been ok with all of that but not getting any sleep because of the people above us was absolutely not ok. They were up most of the night making sound like they were jumping up and down. They left and came back constantly, so I heard their door all night...and their cars....and then they would come back and thump around all night again. Then, in the morning they came back and got into a verbal argument and started slamming doors. I got about 2 hours of sleep all night.

I didn't complain to the front desk because I was more concerned for my safety in this place and didn't want to be a sqeaky wheel. Let's just say, pay a little more if you can for a better place because it's not worth what you might get stuck with.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MARNIE W
DaysInn_KC, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City-Worlds of Fun Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
According to recent quality control reports, all guest rooms/services
are up to date. Thank you!
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

"I guess you get what you pay for. The door looked like it had been kicked in and they moved the card reader down and tried to fix the door was missing part of the carpet..." I saw that in the reviews before leaving my own... I bet they had Room 214.

Cigarette-sensitive asthma, so had to switch rooms. Between my inconveniencing them for the new room and asking for, well, anything, the young desk lady got rude: "Here are the cards for 214," I'd said. "Thank you, put them on the desk." (she started back to the office) "Is there not a second room card for the new room?" I asked. "Why do you need two cards?" "Because there are two adults, and I had two cards for the previous room." "One is enough for you." Uh, thanks? A couple days later (out of 2 weeks' stay), the young desk lady outdid herself, kicking us out of the breakfast area, and we'd gotten there in enough time. We didn't miss anything, though, it's all sugar and carbs, and the biscuits and gravy were golden... pucks... and burned. Waffles were good, though, but who knows how long the batter was in the machine with the nice-looking biscuits hard as rock...

Room selection was fixed, if not the staff's manners. Got yelled at by one of the maintenance crew because I couldn't understand his accent. He'd asked me whether we were checking out when I had started moving things to the new room, I answered, but he kept asking a question I couldn't understand. Then yelled at me when I asked for him to please repeat. I wasn't trying to be a jerk about his accent, but when I ask someone to repeat so I can hear him enunciate, and have tilted my head, leaned in, and with my full attention, I would have hoped he'd try. In general, room service was not overly friendly.

The difference in quality between a Smoking and Non-Smoking room at this hotel was astonishing; TV, furniture, and people staying on the other sides of the room were better - no yappy dog three doors down, no smoke, better quality room. We moved to Room 111, which was a lot better. The hotel double booked Room 111 after we moved, though; somebody showed up trying to get in around midnight, then again in the morning around 9. Used deadbolt and chain, so nobody got in. On high cold in Room 111, the fridge was what I would call luke-cold. The faucet dripped. And I kept waking up with a new itch every morning, dunno if it was allergies to their detergent or bug bites, but the mark on my knee says bite.

Room Tip: Pick a nonsmoking if you want it too look remotely habitable. If you aren't there for Worlds of...
1 Thank Jessica H
All rooms have been inspected to ensure above satisfactory standards.
According to recent reports, guests will receive a clean and refreshing room.
Thank you!
Otterville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I won't stay here again! The tub wasn't clean, Saw a roach which I can't stand. It was a good thing the night was over before I saw it. I walk with a cane & I came to the breakfast buffet to get 2 cups of coffee to take to the room. There were no trays or none in our room. I asked the "manager if they had any or even a box to carry it in. She was very, very rude telling me no. So I took several paper plates, poured the coffee, & NO lids!! Not a customer friendly place!! & dirty! The young woman that checked us out was very, very nice & friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Paula L
Thank you for the feedback! As we continue to grow, our property is committed
to providing positive guest service. And while we're a value brand value, all guests
will continue to receive quality based services. Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City North Near Worlds of Fun
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 4 in North Kansas City

Been to Kansas City-Worlds of Fun Hotel? Share your experiences!