“Not a bad value but we won't stay here again.”

Kansas City-Worlds of Fun Hotel
Ranked #88 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Springdale, Arkansas
“Not a bad value but we won't stay here again.”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I will say, the rooms were clean, The continental breakfast was better than most (although 2 out of our days, there was not enough biscuits and gravy) , and the kids really enjoyed the pool. First issue, we reserved a room with 2 queen beds, but the beds were standards. I thought it might have been a mistake, so I called the front desk and they said the beds in my room were indeed what they considered queens. With 5 people in the room, this made for some cramped sleeping. If I had wanted doubles, there were less expensive options for me to choose from. . There were holes in the bathroom ceiling tile. The toilet made a high pitched squealing noise half the time it was flushed. The bed linens were ok, but could be updated. There were holes in the curtain. The parking lot was in disrepair. The worst part of that was there were junk cars towed in and worked on right in the lot, taking up space from paying guests. Not a bad value, but I dont think we will stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel was very dirty with ants and cockroaches in our room!!! Also I had a bottle of prescription medication in my duffle bag and someone dug through my bag and stole the bottle of medicine. When I told the front desk staff about it she said "Those people do not take medicine and they do not understand." I later called the manger and he said they had not found any medication. Well duh, someone stole it. Creeps me out that someone went through my bag that was zipped closed before I left for the day. Horrible place to stay and staff was not helpful at all. Also the beds were so soft you couldn't even sit on them without sinking in 6 inches.

Johnston, Iowa
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Whoever gave this place a rating of more than one must live in a cardboard box down by the river. The place was rundown and the so-called improvements looked like they were done by someone who didn't know what they were doing. The non-smoking room smelled like smoke, mildew, and some other smells I couldn't figure out. The bathroom had a drop-down ceiling that was rusting and the shower knob felt like it was ready to fall off, which made it difficult to get the right water temp. The shampoo bottle was half empty and the the floors were so nasty I didn't want to go without shoes. Then there was the people staying above us stomping on the floor. You could also hear when they were taking a shower and drying their hair. Fortunately, we brought our own water bottles for they didn't even have cups for us to use. We didn't bother with their continental breakfast because all we wanted to do is get out of there as soon as possible. If you are a crackhead then this place might work for you but if you love your children do not book a room in this rathole.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
Rochester
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Room needs some updating. Lots of dirt on door and walls. Bathroom could use some help also. I did rest well. So if some of the updates were done it would excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 21 June 2014

On recent weekend trip to KC, this was one of the only hotels with an opening, so we took a chance. When an overwhelming number of reviews say the hotel is dirty, believe it. This hotel is not well looked after, dirty, dingy and kind of sad. The breakfast consisted of cheap bread, waffles, dry biscuits, and coffee with grounds in. A huge disappointment for the Days Inn chain.