“Worst hotel I have ever stayed in”

and 1 more site!
Kansas City-Worlds of Fun Hotel
Ranked #88 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 19 August 2009

I have never stayed in such a dirty run down hotel in my life. I didnt want to take my shoes off and was afraid to sleep in the bed. The room made our skin crawl. NEVER stay at this motel, unless you like the sleezy run down type.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lakergirl3000
There are newer reviews for Kansas City-Worlds of Fun Hotel

Reviewed 23 June 2009

We reserved a room at this Days Inn for 2 nights for our vacation to Kansas City to go to a ball game and Worlds of Fun. We wanted to be near Worlds of Fun and I think this is how they get people to pay higher prices. We paid $95 with tax for a room with a King bed and a pull out sofa.
First, as we walked into the room it was very damp and musty and the carpets seemed damp. The room looked okay but the bathroom was gross and moldy and the tub was dirty. We went to pull out the sofa sleeper and there was a dead bug on the mattress. We checked all over and didn't find any more so thought it was just a fluke, the mattress looked clean and fairly new. We called for bedding for it and there were cigarette burn holes in the blanket (this was a nonsmoking room).
As the evening got later there was a lot of partying going on outside and it was very loud in the room. We didn't get alot of sleep.
We checked out the next morning and went in search of something at least clean and found the Hampton Inn which was very nice and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank LaurieVLincolnNE
Reviewed 13 October 2008

I was really worried when I first read all of the reviews for the Days Inn, however we really needed cheaper hotel and this fit the bill.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

It had a very nice bed. was very soft. The bed had four pillows on it, two thinner ones, and two fluffier ones, depending on your preference.

Bathroom was clean. Shower worked. The pressure fluctuated a little bit if you showered during a busy time, like in the mornings, but still got the job done.

There were little things that were not so great. Like the telephone jack was pulled out of the wall, however i am sure if we had said something they would have been more than happy to help.

We paid $45 for one night, and received over that much in quality.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank leahleah16
Reviewed 11 August 2008

Our awful experience started when we walked into our room, which smelled like a dirty gym sock. After realizing we had been put in a smoking room (the room we reserved was non-smoking), we called to switch rooms. We were told there were no non-smoking rooms available. I was told that was we reserved, even though I had the confirmation telling me I reserved a non-smoking room. They told me they couldn't do anything about it. We were stuck with the stinky room! Then when we went to get into bed, we discovered there was a huge red stain on our sheet and pillow (looked like blood to me about the size of a dollar bill). We had to go to the front desk to get a replacement, they wouldn't bring one to our room. The second day while my husband was showering, someone came and told us we could no longer use our shower (there was a leak downstairs). 10 minutes later we were told not to use our toliet. We were not offered a different room at anytime. When checking out, we were given a $30 discount....which doesn't even begin to cover the inconvenience we dealt with. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank nebmcd
Reviewed 6 August 2008

We stayed her for one Saturday night in late July. The grounds were littered with trash - cigarette butts, beer cans, liquor bottles, old food containers, etc. Much had obviously been there for some time and never cleaned up. Windows looked filthy and disgusting from inside and outside. Furniture was in poor repair - sofabed so worn out we couldn't sit on it. Linens didn't fit bed. This hotel could be pretty nice but management doesn't apparently care, and the overall impression is pretty depressing. We paid a higher price because of the summer weekend, and feel cheated. You can do much better than this place!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeterMSP
Reviewed 25 July 2008

I booked this hotel because of the location and the price. You get what you pay for. The first room we were given was filthy. The carpet looked like it had not been vacuumed in awhile and there were buttons missing on the tv remote and knobs were missing on 2 of the dresser drawers. The front desk hostess was very polite and offered to move us to another room. We took it as it had brand new carpet and it was considerably cleaner (nothing broken or missing)
The exterior of the hotel was ok at first sight - but around corners and under steps there were old chairs and gutters laying around - hopefully the are trying to remodel - but put this stuff in a dumpster!
The breakfast bar was totally cleaned out when we got there so we ate elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank ljcraftcrazy
Reviewed 8 May 2008

I stayed here for 2 nights from April 24-25, 2008 and I was very pleased. For $43 a night you can hardly ask for anything more.

The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of pillows in the room to choose from. Usually when I stay in a "budget" motel I only have 1 flimsy pillow to choose from. My room had 4 pillows on the bed and 2 more in drawers to pick from.

The bathroom and shower were clean. No noticeable mold or mildew. The water pressure was a tad low but still strong enough to get the job done.

All in all, it was a fine hotel. It's not the Ritz but it doesn't pretend to be. It's an inexpensive and comfortable place to crash for a couple nights if you are visiting KC.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)