“A great small hotel in Kansas City”

Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel
Ranked #7 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This Best Western Seville is a gem. The staff is terrific, friendly, professional. The location is ideal. It's on Main St, close to Crown Plaza, the World War I Museum, the Kemper Contemporary Art Museum, the Nelson-Atkins Museum, close to parks, fountains and all that makes Kansas City unique. We got 3 good nights' rest because the beds were "just right". It Is very quiet especially if you are on the back side of the building. The breakfast, while not extensive, is well cooked. Ronald, and Ramon on the front desk were especially helpful. The young lady taking care of the breakfast service was quietly welcoming. Our room was comfortable, clean and large. Although we didn't use the gym, it was in use by others. Because of our introduction to this lovely little hotel, we are booking another Best Western Plus hotel in Tulsa next weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back. The rooms overlook a nice little garden and you won't even feel lik...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank J C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,106)

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel is in a great location, close to shopping, restaurants, museums, etc. All within walking distance. The rooms are furnished very well. We loved the fridg and coffee maker. The lobby area is very unique and attractive. Overall a great value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia A
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Based on all the great reviews, we were looking forward to booking this hotel. It is sold out the dates we're going to be in KC in May 2014. I'm placing this hotel in my "saved" folder for future reference. Why? Talking to a staffer by the name of Mica, she was an A1 first impression of the hotel! She even took a moment to recommend other quality hotels nearby. I can fairly give a Excellent rating based on the customer service alone.

Room Tip: I lived in KC for 7 years and this is a nice area that's close to everything.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debra W
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I was traveling with my dog, and the hotel was very pet friendly. The rooms were very nice and clean, and the breakfast was delicious. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. It was easy to get to as well, and in a safe area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jennifer K
Reviewed 21 April 2014

First off, I would like to thank ALL the staff at this Seville Plaza. I didn't encounter a single person that wasn't friendly and/or nice. Any person that I approached, for any reason, was very helpful. Your managers are AWESOME!!!! I have told all my friends about this place. That Ramon guy was AWESOMENESS!!! Very professional and considerate (not to mention, he's kind on the eyes *wink*). Breakfast is super DELICIOUS (for it to be pre-made). If you guys had a swimming pool, OMG that would be AWESOMENESS!!!! You guys rooms are excellent...I have NO complaints. The only thing that I would suggest (with the MiMi and Nikko tape just being released) is that you guys and gals invest in some reinforced shower rods!!! Your rods are pretty dingy. I almost broke my back trying to keep my balance in the shower. Your laundry guys are AWESOMENESS!!!! I love it when I can ask for sheets and towels and they are delivered immediately!!! I was going to stay at another hotel, but I'm glad that I chose you all. Your rates are AWESOME and pretty reasonable. The parking was alright but I understand why. You guys are on or near the Plaza, which is AWESOMENESS. I could walk almost anywhere that I was trying to go. Like I said before, YOU GUYS ARE AWESOMENESS!!!! A 20 in my book!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Joy B, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

All of the staff here thinks you are AWESOME! Thank you so very much for your awesome comments! We wish we had a pool as well, we are small and that's what makes us unique and how we can be so attentive to our guests. But, it also means we just can't accommodate a full size pool.
The shower rods are a constant issue with guests pulling on the shower curtains and gradually the rods droop. But, maintinence keeps on top of it and if we see one in that state we fix it! We will let Ramon know you appreciated him as well as the rest of the staff. As we say here quite often, we have the best guests! Thank you again for taking the time to post your observations.
PS..( Our breakfasts are not premade, they are real honest to goodness eggs and sauasage w/o the skin. )!!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great beds! Quiet hotel! Friendly and helpful staff!!!!! Reasonable rates! We had a nice hot breakfast before we left. My only complaint, I wish the shuttle went at least a 10 mile radious. had to pay 40.00 in cab fares. Our venue was 7 miles from the hotel and the shuttle only went 5.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Joy B, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

We apologize about not being able to get you to your destination. If at all possible the shuttle driver will try to accommodate guests. I am sorry he had to many trips to go outside his boundaries! Yes, people do say our beds are comfy, and we will pass along your nice comments about the staff, they appreciate it.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is an older property, but has been kept up well. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, There is ample parking even though it at first doesn't seem so as there is a 2nd lot behing the building and a small lot in front. Easy to find, and while it is away from downtown quite a bit, the MAX Orange express bus stops almost in front, runs often, and is only $3.00 for a day pass. It avoids downtown parking charges

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are happy you found us convenient to all you wanted to see in KC. The bus line does stop out our front door, but we also have a free shuttle we run on Fridays and Saturday evenings.We are sprucing up around the property! We have made some additions to our breakfast area. And we have added a charming patio to our back garden area. So you can take advantage of the shade trees, lawn and flowers. Hopefully, you will come see us on another trip to KC!