“Customer service”

Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel
Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
“Customer service”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I wanted a room for family members coming from NY for my daughter's graduation. Ramon the customer service agent was very helpful in this situation. He was very professional and polite.

He got me the rooms within my budget. My family members where please with the service. Room were very clean and everyone was friendly.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I loved that I had a long drive from Texas and from the start I was greeted and helped promptly. Front desk rep even suggested good eatery and outings. But the room was so big and spacious and the bed was so comfortable that I almost didn't get out, once I soaked in the jacuzzi....overall a great experience

• Stayed June 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I Love how clean this establishment is and The front host Ramon is a delight!!!! The breakfast was hot and savory and i loved that they had drinks available too.it felt like i was at a oasis in the middle of the city.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed there in October of 2013. Came in town for a birthday party. The rooms were nice and clean and they had complimentary gifts there for us on the bed. The beds were very comfortable and we had a good night's sleep (which is unusual when staying in a hotel the first night). It was near the party location on the plaza and we had no trouble finding it. The guy at the front desk was very nice and respectful. I would recommend this hotel highly to all who visit Kansas City, Missouri.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if they had a pool ...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel exceeded all of my expectations. Not only was the location grand but the service was well above what I expected for the price. They treated my family and I as if we were at a five star hotel in Hollywood or somewhere, it really felt like a home away from from. The staff was wonderful and one member in particular named Ramon went above and beyond to satisfy my families every need. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a great price with outstanding customer service!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Joy B, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
We appreciate your lovely comments. We tell Ramon you mentioned his customer service! He does love the guests and will do what eer he can to make sure your stay is what you want. Thank you again, hopefully you will stay with us again soon!
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Let me preface this by saying that I'm a diehard Hampton Inn fan. I went with this hotel because they offered a complimentary shuttle to the concert were were attending. Well, I am most definitely still a Hampton Inn fan.
The hotel was decent, with a nice back patio. The room was large and clean, but smelled heavily of urine. The bed and pillows were comfy. The shower head was tall, but there wasn't a holder for the toilet paper.
The staircase is cement, dirty, and stinky.
There was a wonderful variety of foods at breakfast. Most were tasty, but the hash browns and monkey bread were way crunchier than they should be.
At check-in, we debated between the 6:15 or 7pm shuttle. We wanted to arrive at the venue at 7, but we chose the 7pm shuttle. They put our name, room number, and cell number on the 1st 2 slots of the 7pm list. We got to the lobby at 7:00, maybe 7:01 at the latest. The shuttle had left us! We assumed they asked for my cell number so they could call us if needed. We had to wait 30 minutes for it to return. The shuttle driver was very nice and apologized. She said she would have come back for us if the front desk had only let her know there were 2 more passengers. We got there and back safely, so it wasn't a big deal in the whole scheme of things, but I thought it was quite crummy customer service by the front desk.

Room Tip: only book 216 if you enjoy the aroma of urine.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Joy B, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
We apologize for the chaos over the weekend you were with us. We want you to know the shuttle was in much demand over this particular weekend due to a large outdoor concert in town. However,this is no excuse for the driver not attending to your requests. That paricular weekend we were also installing new vanities in all of the guest rooms. When some of the plumbing was disconnected there was a particularly unpleasant odor. Your guest room was a room that was somhow affected by this and we do so apologize. Hopefully, you did bring it to the staff's attention so we could rectify the situation. We are again so sorry we did not provide you with the stay you deserved.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel about a year and a half ago and it was great. Stayed there again this last weekend and it has gone way downhill. The bed we had was harder then the carpet. The room smelled and had stains on the carpet, the TV didn't work, and it's not in a very good part of town! I feel like I waisted my money staying here and will never give best western my business again after this trip! 3 Star hotel thats really a 1 star hotel!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
We are so very sorry you had an unpleasant stay with us! We strive to make sure all of our guests are satisfied and we apologize we did not do that for you. You were on property when we were installing all new bathroom vanities and we must admit there was some chaos. However, the beds are only 11/2 years old. Usually, they get less supportive. We will check on the bed in that guest room and see the status of wear. We are sorry you feel the property has diminished from a year ago. We have been making improvements over the last year with the addition of a larger breakfast room and an added entertaining/meeting room. We added a new back patio wih comfy couchs and chairs. New lamps and Kuerig coffee makers in the spa rooms. And as of a few weeks ago our new granite top vanities in every guest room. We again apologize you were not satified, and hope you have safe travels in the future.