“good and perfect place to stay...”

Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex
Ranked #84 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed here for four nights. My stay was awesome. They had hot breakfast in the morning which is very yummy. The front desk staff were friendly. Rooms are very big and the beds are really comfortable. The name itself describes about the motel. They provide shuttle service to all the guests. This was the unique service that impressed me. Had a very good stay and love to be here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel is fantastic. Close to Arrowhead and Kauffman stadium. After reading the reviews I was hesitant on staying here but all other hotels were booked due to the Chiefs game. The hotel was a little hard to find but gps leads you right to it. The traffic was not loud with is being adjacent to I-70 there was an awful sulfur smell in the evening because of the waste management plant near by, but one call to the front desk and they sent someone right up with an air freshener and we didnt smell the sulfur the rest of the night. Customer service was great, breakfast was great, location great, and price amazing beds were very comfortable. Will definitely stay here again. This hotel is not fancy but it is an awesome place to stay. Please try it for yourself.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor near the front of the building room 208
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I reserved rooms for my daughter and her family and myself and a friend. We went for a baseball game in KC. I have stayed here before and had wonderful experiences but the hotel has recently been purchased and it has gone to the dogs. Sheets had not been changed, bathtub dirty, toilet not clean, tv did not work, A/C filters were black with lint and fuzz, the a/c was so poorly put in the wall that you could see outside throught the gap in the wall. Bugs were flying in during the night. My daughter's bedding had lipstick and mascara (Fresh not washed) on the pillow cases and there was dried yellow something on the sheets. I had made my reservations in May for an August trip. The owners did not bother to call and tell me construction was happening. There were paint fumes throughout the hotel, paint and paint dust everywhere and no airconditioning except in the individual rooms. VERY MISERABLE TRIP. Asked for a ground floor room due to a broken hip and foot and they would not accomodate and no elevator. Very difficult to get around. PHONE in room did not work so had to keep making trips up and down stairs to fix the problems.

Room Tip: Best to stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Charise J
qualityinnkansascity, Webmaster at Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear guest,

I apologize that your experience at our Kansas City hotel did not meet your standards. We are working to make sure we improve every day. I’m sincerely sorry that you arrived during a time of transition. If you visit again, you will see that the problems you mentioned have been corrected, and we have expanded and retrained our staff to make sure we meet the standards of our guests and of the Quality Inn chain. Again, I apologize that your stay was not up to our usual high standards.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed with two teen girls for a concert. When I called, I was given one rate of $59. When I arrive, she asks for (after tax) $97! I quickly had that adjusted....

The outside of the hotel is in a bit of disrepair... Missing air conditioner grates, huge potholes in lot, orange construction plastic fencing around pool, "Danger" tape around the hot tub, and the coup de gras: the lady taking care of the breakfast area mentioned to me that management recently changed, majority of staff walked off, and OSHA came the day we arrives and shut their ovens down!! Oh, and when we asked for more toilet paper to be brought to the room, we were told there is ONE more roll for the ENTIRE hotel and the roll is first come, first serve at the front desk.

The staff was overall friendly enough, but the hotel just had a dingy feel and appearance. I definitely will not stay here again, and the event which I attended on Saturday night has a negotiated rate with them, of course, under the OLD management. I will be suggesting alternative hotels for future endeavors.

The TV and phone were broken, but still worked. The breakfast was (including biscuits!) completely microwaved (thank you, OSHA) beds were relatively fine, shower walls and tub felt a little slimy (could have been soap residue, as soap is basic and slippery, but idk...) spider in the bathroom, air conditioner had some type of food shoved in the grate inside the room, and curtains were duct taped.

I think that's the jist of it....

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank 4DsAndAnE

Dear guest,

Thank you for commenting about our Kansas City hotel. We have recently thoroughly cleaned the property and have repaired the problems you mentioned. Your arrival did, in fact, come during a time of transition and we are working every day to make this property better than ever before. We look forward to having the pleasure of your company again the next time you visit the area so we can show you how we’ve changed. Again, we sincerely apologize for missing the mark during your stay.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Stayed there for two nights in mid-June. Just a few of the things we noticed:

--Large bucket in the lobby area catching water drips from a huge brown spot on the ceiling ... the bucket stayed there the whole time we were there
--People were frequently passed out/sleeping on the couches and chairs in the lobby area
--Hallways didn't seem to be air-conditioned ... EXTREMELY muggy and humid (and smelly) in the hallways
--Wireless rarely worked
--Toilet in our room never stopped running and was sometimes difficult to flush
--Tub/shower looked extremely dirty
--Air-conditioning unit wasn't in the wall properly ... it was tilted sideways, and you could see straight outside through a gap along the top of the air-conditioner
--Killed three spiders in the room (probably coming in through the gap in the AC system)
--Fire doors were always propped open
--Carts to use for luggage, but no way to get them upstairs (no elevator)
--Very loud at night ... heard doors slamming and people yelling constantly
--Room smoke detector didn't have batteries in it (the battery compartment was open, and there was nothing inside)
--Flies buzzing around the breakfast area (gnats in the bread containers as well)
--Shuttle requires you to pay roundtrip fare in advance ... we ended up waiting over an hour for the shuttle to pick us up after we called for a ride back (we were less than 10 minutes' driving distance from the hotel at the time), and couldn't take a cab instead because we had already paid for the shuttle ride back to the hotel
--Orange snow fence was wrapped around the entire swimming pool area (not sure what that was about)

Not impressed with this hotel at all, and was more than ready to leave after the second night.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank LG12345678

Dear guest,

I’m very sorry that our property missed the mark during your recent stay. We have been working to improve a number of issues that developed during previous ownership and have now solve the problems you mentioned. Our goal is to make the property cleaner, nicer and generally better every day. I hope you’ll give us another try soon. Again, all I can do is apologize that you visited when we were not at our best.

Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for almost a week due to employment changes. Breakfast was very good each morning. The rooms were clean but bathrooms needed some help. Had some mold in some areas. Was nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The smells in the hall ways is what got to me. Don't know if when we stayed there was a dog show in town but the smell of wet dog over powered the halls on the first floor. The second floor was over powered by illegal drugs. As someone else told me skunk weed. The neighborhood is more like a trucking industrial area. Located next to I-435 traffic was quiet noisy. As well as the train yard on the other side. Most of the staff was friendly and helpful until the night staff came in then not so much.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank jennhornak

Dear guest,

Thanks for staying a week with us and for noting our friendly staff. We take pride in the quality of our people. Since your stay we have taken a number of actions to improve the property, and I hope you will be able to visit us again and see how we’ve changed. Our goal is to provide service to every customer that exceeds expectations, and it seems the quality of our property sometimes missed the mark during your stay. For that we apologize.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

I have read a number of positive and negative reviews, and perhaps case-by-case their stays were mixed but I must say that overall it is a nice place. It is definitely out-of-the-way and on a dead end street, and the hotel is older but the staff is friendly and my room was clean. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel you will pay a 5 star price. I think the value to price ratio is quite fair here. Deserves a three star.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
#2 of 4 in North Kansas City
Candlewood Suites Northeast
Candlewood Suites Northeast
#50 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex? Share your experiences!