“Breath of fresh air after the Plaza. ”

Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex
Ranked #86 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We had initially booked a room at the Plaza near this hotel and were so disgusted by the room and hotel itself we decided to try Quality Inns & Suites. Margie the manager was absolutely wonderful! She showed us our room before booking it, had taxi service arranged in the morning to the airport, even helped us carry our bags. The rooms were spacious and very clean. They smelled great. I have absolutely no complaints about this hotel. Will stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stumbled onto this place when looking for a save, clean place to stay on front street! Awesome service, clean, reasonable rates! If ever away from home this is the best place to spend it! Very quite and comfy home away from home! Staff was so helpful and friendly! Highly recommended! AAAAAAAA+++++ Thank you!

Room Tip: The whole place is a great place to stay! Thanks so much; Tina Marie ^i^
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tina S
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have been staying in this motel for over a year, travelling back and forth between my home in AR and KC, and staying at the same room all these time.
This has been like my second home now, all the staff are almost like family to me, they are so friendly and helpful, I have a comfortable and very clean and roomy suite that accommodating me and my pets, this is the only motel I found that is pet friendly. With all the variety they serve for breakfast, I have not get tired of it yet after a year !
With the newly renovate room, I really enjoy the new painting room, contemporary decors and carpet.
My pets can easily go outside from the patio door that lead to a large yard, they are all happy and content when come back here, and there is plenty of pavement and side walk to walk my dogs.
I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights . What a wonderful surprise to see the remodeling! The floor are very nice more contemporary and so clean , they provide a free shuttle for all there guests that was a unique one ... An guest laundry. A fitness center which is a good way to workout home away from home ..., the staff is always very friendly and helpful as well .. We will definitely gonna stay the here next time ....

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Compared to the Motel 6 I stayed in the previous night this was luxury. All in all a pleasant stay room was comfortable and clean staff were good and attentive I got a shuttle from Freightliner (where my truck was being repaired). Bed was nice, high and comfortable. Coffee in the room (always a plus with me!!!)

Breakfast was a tad disappointing - premade egg patties (blech!!!) sausage links, gravy you could use for dry wall and biscuits you could build with but also a waffle maker (yum!).

All in all a nice stay and recommended!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This hotel is tucked back in a wooded culdesac, away from the loud traffic and only about ten minutes from downtown. The breakfast room is adjacent to the outdoor pool. They provide shuttle service for a small fee. Everything appears to be new, from the paint on the walls to the linen on the beds. I give it two thumbs up.

Room Tip: The suites are furnished like home and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Arrived for business. Clerk did not inform me that there is a $5 deposit for TV remote. What??? He also neglected to provide WiFi access information, so another call to the front desk. Room trash cans were not emptied daily. After first day, key card did not work and when I went to the same clerk, he said that I must have erased the card. The "new" card would only work for another day, then the same re-run occured.

Overall my 4 days were OK, but just barely. I will be back in March, but will find another location, even if it means a longer drive.

Room Tip: This is an industrial area. Be prepared for highway and railroad noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business