Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex
Ranked #83 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Just average”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

There is a terrible smell throughout the place inside and out. Hot Tub was not working. Pool was good. Sausage for breakfast was burnt and crunchy. Beds were small. I have stayed at other Quality Inns before and none were as bad as this one,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Huskerian
Personnels, Manager at Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I apologise for not meeting your needs, and going above and beyond to meet your standards for the duration of your stay. We thank you for your honest criticism, and will go out of our way to make sure that, should you decide to book with us again, we provide the very best service we can, while using your criticism to improve our property. Our spa has been repaired since your stay, and we will resolve to correct any issues with odor and the breakfast.

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Mineral Ridge, Ohio
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I took a truck to a nearby dealer for service on Memorial Day weekend. The Quality Inn had a shuttle available to get me to and from the dealer. The room was excellent. The price was reasonable, especially on a holiday weekend. The staff really went out of thier way to accomadate my needs. All in all it was the silver lining to the dark cloud.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your patronage, --we're so glad we were able to be at the best part of a bad day, and hope that should you be in the area in the future, perhaps you will think of us in better circumstances.

Thank you again!

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Nice clean room ! Staff was fabulous !! The shuttle driver was very. courteous and friendly. Breakfast was really awesome,and the pool was maintained well.I will stay there again and would recommend this hotel !! Had a great time !! :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank redrockerKC
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your compliments and kind words, we do strive to exceed the expectations and needs of all our guests, and we hope we can serve you just as well, if not better, in the future!

Buhler, Kansas
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Was disappointed in the rudeness of the manager. My group of friends were staying at the hotel & was paying cash for the room, we had a credit card for incidentals but the manager would not except the CC & very rudely told us we had to pay $100 cash deposit or we couldn't stay. Our age is 19-21. The gal that was originally helping us was very nice, and apoloized for the manager and said she had not ever had an issue with allowing young people to stay & that the manager was grumpy. Also 3 of the 4 ice machines were broke and the pool was out of order. Breakfast was good and the room was clean.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Connie R
Personnels, Manager at Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to have been able to serve you with most of your needs, but are indeed regretful, and very apologetic to learn that you were inconvenienced by our policies requiring a cash deposit for guests paying cash. It is also our strict policy that guests under 21 are not permitted to stay without a parent or guardian present.

We appreciate your criticism; our pool is currently open, all ice machines are functioning, and we apologise for the non-functionality of the amenities during your stay.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Was here for a week for business. All carpets reeked of smoke. Water dripping from atrium in lobby to glass table! generally very dirty, but ok for a chain smokerI. In a scary part of town next to quarry and adult entertainment center and truck stops abound. Pool closed!?...I'm not a prima doña, but the experience all week was dreadful!

Maid service was the shining light, even throughs the smells and broken ice machine

Room Tip: Simply don't stay here!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank WAYNE B
Personnels, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We regret that we were unable to meet your needs; many of the issues you have illustrated have been resolved, or are in the process of being resolved currently; the pool has re-opened, the ice machine is fixed, and the atrium is being repaired. Unfortunately, the room that was booked for you was a smoking room, and the rooms were booked by your company's lodging representative, who was aware that some of the rooms they would be billed for, were indeed smoking units.

We apologize sincerely that you were not happy with your stay, and hope we can serve you better in the future, since we do strive to meet the needs of all our guests.

Travellers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Theodore
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The Hotel Looks Nice From The Outside But.... Once You Get A Room It Goes DOWNHILL. The Room Was Clean But The TV Was Snowy And When I Asked About The Problem I Was Given Every Excuse You Can Think Of... Breakfast Was Advertised To Begin At 6:00 But That Did Not Happen .Would Not Recommend This Place To Anyone

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank William B
qualityinnkansascity, Webmaster at Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that a few small issues detracted from your stay so significantly. We strive to provide the best possible experience to every guest every night and morning, and I sincerely apologize that we fell short of perfection in your case. We’re striving to improve all the time, and we will use these valuable comments to help us get better for the future. Again, I’m sorry your experience wasn’t better.

Hotel Manager.
Fulton, Missouri
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We had initially booked a room at the Plaza near this hotel and were so disgusted by the room and hotel itself we decided to try Quality Inns & Suites. Margie the manager was absolutely wonderful! She showed us our room before booking it, had taxi service arranged in the morning to the airport, even helped us carry our bags. The rooms were spacious and very clean. They smelled great. I have absolutely no complaints about this hotel. Will stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Candlewood Suites Northeast
#55 of 109 in Kansas City
Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East

Been to Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex? Share your experiences!