“Rock hard beds, rude front desk”

Econo Lodge Airport Kansas City
Ranked #87 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 27 May 2011

I rarely wake up with a backache, but I did here. Beds r rock hard and so uncomfortable. Carpet is threadbare and looks dirty, I wouldn't take off my flip flops. Front desk was rude, very little breakfast, and tv remote was nonexistent. When I called the front desk, nobody answered. Easy location, right off interstate.

• Stayed: June 2010
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Airport Kansas City

Reviewed 24 May 2011

If you are looking for a basic clean room to stay in that's close to the airport, this is the place. I'd pre-paid for the room to get a rate of $36 at night. After having an hour-long flight delay, having to rush to the rental counter to pick up a car, this place was a wonderfully close place to grab some sleep for the night.
While the room may have lacked a coffee maker it was only a short walk down to the lobby to get coffee. I'm sure there were some muffins or something out there for breakfast, but we opted to head out and found a McDonalds a couple of exits down on the freeway.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mkcurran
Reviewed 11 May 2011

Great value, senior rate of $36 plus tax. But still a nice clean, safe place. Had a no smoking room, and everything was clean and worked well. Don't expect much in the continental breakfast, though, and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Palmer1967
Reviewed 31 July 2010

Having read other reviews of this establishment, I feared the worst. My 5 day stay, however, was problem free. I experienced no discourtesy from staff, who were helpful on each occasion that I approached them. Shuttle bus employees also friendly. Transportation from airport to downtown at weekends is a problem by public transport. Room clean but not spotless. One drawback is that there is no food available within walking distance, but a pizza company will deliver.

All in all, this is not the Ritz, but is is 5 minutes from the airport, which is why I chose it. For the money I paid, I got decent value.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank VictorVonDoom
Reviewed 27 July 2010

My sister and I were arriving at the KC Airport very late because of some weather-related flight delays, and I asked my mom to find us a hotel room close to the airport. We drove up to this place, saw the front desk had a bullet-proof glass enclosure and decided not to stay here. We went inside to let the front desk person know, and she told us that the credit card used to reserve the room would be charged anyway. Aughh. We decided to stay and just get a few hours of sleep before we drove 2 1/2 hours home. The place is old, gross, and scary. The a/c unit in our room had not been turned on, and it was pretty hot. The carpet looked gross and the bathroom was tiny and the floor was badly stained. We reluctantly crawled into the beds, fully clothed to find out that the pillows were hard and lumpy and the mattress was rock hard. After unsuccessfully trying to fall asleep, we decided to just get up and drive home even though it was 3:30 in the morning. I would not recommend this place to anyone. It was a truly awful experience, and I was amazed that they could charge $57 for these accommodations.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 19 June 2010

I'm a hotel desk clerk in Nebraska. We would never treat people in such a deplorable manner. Rudest man I've ever encountered in the service industry. And he's the owner! Why doesn't Choice Hotels step in here???? He's giving you a deplorable name.

Keys and air conditioning didn't work. One of our rooms had blood on the sheets. There wasn't anywhere else in town to go, or we would have. If I hadn't had students with me, I''d have preferred to sleep in my car.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2010

First of all they hardly speak english. The main web site says free parking while you fly not so you pay to park. The rooms leave much to be desired and we waited for over an hour to be picked up on our return. Pay a little extra and have a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple