“Rude Breakfast Staff”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Rude Breakfast Staff”
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I have been to numerous Embassy Suites. This was mediocre at best. The rooms were okay and clean, but the staff was pretty cold and not friendly at all. The hotel was fairly full the night we were there midweek with business travelers and a convention of sorts. Breakfast was busy, but the staff working it were the rudest ES staff I have ever encountered. The lines were fairly steady and even though the food was prepared and there were people still in line grabbing items, the staff started cleaning up right at the cut off and started clearing tables and pulling the food into the kitchen. What a waste of perfectly good food with people that could have eaten.

I would never stay at this particular location again. The only reason we did this time was because we were traveling with our pet which was allowed in the hotel. (only plus that I can mention.)

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Hoagy74
EmbassyKCI, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this review, 13 May 2011
Please accept my apologies for your less-than-exceptional experience with out staff. We have reviewed our current operating policy for our breakfast serving times and will be more flexible if guests are still arriving. Thank you, again, for bringing this to our attention.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
San Diego
Reviewed 22 March 2011

After attending a conference in downtown KC and experiencing a poorly managed hotel experience downtown, coming here to the Embassy Suites was a breath of fresh air!!! I came to this hotel to meet two business colleagues and one of them got a "boardroom" accommodation--perfect for our needs. My room was the typical king room and it was spacious and comfortable.

At first when arriving, it was obvious that the hotel had booked some high school girls sports teams for a special event so it was crowded and rather loud in the public areas. But--it all seemed just fine. The restaurant/bar handled the crowd perfectly well and the waiter we had was fantastic. As far as noise was concerned, the bedroom was inset w/a door that could be closed and wah lah--no noise!!

All aspects of the room including the bathroom was nice and functioning well. Everything was clean and sleep quality was good. The manager's evening reception and the morning buffet breakfast: far superior to most that hotels offer these days.

The only downside: tiny and stuffy fitness center.

Embassy Suites has a comp. shuttle to/from the airport--a 10 minute drive. Quite convenient and the price is right, compared to the high priced taxis in Kansas City.

If in the area again, I will definitely consider this as my 1st choice.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank delledge
EmbassyKCI, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this review, 1 April 2011
Thank you so much for your comments...they are a breath of fresh air! We always enjoy hearing about our customers' stays. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Come back and see us soon!
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 19 February 2011

I arrived on a Saturday afternoon. By Sunday at noon, I realized that I was starting to come down with a stomach flu (that I got from my daughter, who was in another state). In the wee hours of Monday morning, I was praying to the porcelain gods. I called down to the front desk so that I could get a complementary tooth brush, and rushed back to my room for another round with the bathroom. Later in the morning, one of my colleagues picked up some gatorade for me at the little shopette, and let the front desk know that I was still feeling poorly. The lady on duty from the wee hours of the morning called my room to see if she could go to the Walmart to get me anything. The gesture was truly kind, and made me feel better being ridiculously sick in a foreign town.

Further along in the day I gave up trying to combat the sickness myself, and gave in to my wish to go to the hospital. The hotel shuttle took me, and picked me back up after I was discharged. The front desk staff were extremely kind and asked if I needed any help getting back to my room. Super kind people.

The rest of the trip was thankfully uneventful, and I managed to get over my bug. I was finally able to enjoy the free breakfast (fantastic omelettes) and room service (try the chicken marsala). I never heard any loud noises, nor had any issues with cleanliness. I really did enjoy my stay... once I was 100% better. :)

I have told everyone I work with about the kind people and the kind hearts here at the Embassy Suites. If I ever come back, I wont think twice about staying here.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank qbubbles
EmbassyKCI, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this review, 21 February 2011
I am so sorry to hear you were under-the-weather during your recent stay. I am glad our staff was able to bring some comfort to you in your time of need. I will pass along your kind words. Thank you, again. And, please, keep traveling!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 February 2011

This hotel is conveniently located, clean and comfortable and the staff is friendly. I'm not much of a breakfast person, but was pleasantly surprised with the free meal. I didn't spend too much time there, but it was an overall great experience and wouldn't think twice about staying here again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank GOTYER6
EmbassyKCI, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this review, 9 February 2011
Thank you for your comments. We enjoy hearing from our guests. We are glad we were able to "surprise" you with our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast. It is a pillar of the Embassy Suites brand. We also offer a two-hour manager's reception in the evening with complimentary beer, wine, mixed drinks and snacks. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed 1 December 2010

The price was reasonable, the room roomy with every amenity you could ask for and the breakfast was the best complimentary breakfast. The shuttle driver was friendly and the workout facility was entirely adequate for a night or two if exercise is important to you. The inner lobby was beautiful. If it had better proximity to the downtown area, I would have stayed here for my entire stay and not only for convenience to the airport.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ThankxgivingTraveler
Stockbridge, Georgia
Reviewed 24 October 2010

This is a average hotel, but the structure seems to amplify any and all noises coming from the lobby. Kids were running all over the hotel without their parents from the time I checked in until the time I went to sleep 11PM. Luckily my two bedroom suite bedroom door drowned out about 80% of the noise that was very audible from my living room. The bed sleeps wonderfully! Breakfast was mediocre at best. The person that checked me in seemed to have a chip on his shoulder, but the lady who checked me out was very friendly. The Business Center had computer that were clearly out dated connected to CURRENT printers that did not work. Can someone say help desk?
Long story short, this hotel is a hit or miss and a far cry from any other Embassy Suites that I've booked in the past.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank snapplex
I am sorry to read that your experience at the Embass Suites KCI was not up to your expectations. We strive to make each guest's experience warm and inviting. I will review your experience with the appropriate departments. We may need to brush up on our associate's training. Also, we will review our Business Center equipment and our breakfast food offerings to make sure they meet or exceed our brand standards. We appreciate all feedback. Thank you for your insight.
Upstate New York
Reviewed 8 October 2010

We were in town for our parents' 50th Anniversary and the location was perfect- near their home and the airport. Even though we didn't have a block, they were able to give us rooms all right next to each other (children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren in the mix). The breakfast buffet was fantastic: fresh fruit , yogurt, individual milk bottles, oatmeal and a cook-to-order station for pancakes and eggs. Love the Dowe Egbert coffee, too! And, they had high chairs for all of our babies. The rooms were well-appointed- made use of the sofa beds and desks, coffee-tea station. Comfy beds, great bathroom ammenities. Loved that we all had a view of the downstairs lobby area (restaurant, grand piano) so we could find our family members. Front desk agent at check in was super friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, we had no time to use the pool or fitness center. The only negative experience was the charge for wireless per computer. We had several going (working on the anniversary event) and had to pay almost $10 for each connection. We had to run down to the business center to print.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Cheryl C
EmbassyKCI, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this review, 21 October 2010
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate hearing your kind words about our Hotel and Staff. I am glad we were able to provide accommodations in the same area for your family. It makes reunions so much easier. I understand you were not pleased with the charge for internet in the guest suite but were satisfied with the complimentary internet in our BusinessLink (business center) in the lobby. As a brand, Embassy Suites charges for internet. I am sure when the Embassy Suites' full-service competitors start providing complimentary internet, we will follow. Although you did not have time to experience our pool area, it is currently under renovation and will be a fabulous, new space for our guests! Thank you, again, for your comments. Please come back and try us again.