Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport
Ranked #24 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This was not one of the better Embassy Suites I have stayed in. The lobby is newer looking, but the rooms are showing some age. The food at breakfast and the manager's reception could have used some more variety. The bathroom was tiny. I requested a king and got 2 doubles. Additionally, the thermostats did no good at all-- the room never changed temperature. It wasn't horrible, but I expect more from Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
EmbassyKCI, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Thank you fro your recent trip review. We wany your favorable impression of the hotel lobby to encompass the entire operation. The Complimentary Breakfast area is undergoing a substantial refresh, that will be complete by YE. I regret that your preferred room type was unavailable at check-in. I have referred the HVAC control issue to the hotel engineering department. We look forward to your next visit and an ameliorated review.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I spent one night at this hotel after attending a dinner there. The suites were comfortable, staff was very nice. Happy hour had good wine. That was a real surprise. The bed was comfortable. Nothing spectacular about it but a nice place to stay. Families seemed to love it. Children were enjoying the freshly cooked pancakes and the omelets made to order were good. I had intended to swim, the pool looked really nice. Time ran out before I could get that in. I complained about paying for wi fi and the front desk people said that was the biggest complaint they heard. Apparently there is a free business center, though. I think I will stay again if the annual dinner is held there next year. The were one or two minor issues with plumbing but I did not call for help, I waited until I left and reported it. They made note of it .

Room Tip: I asked for a lower floor. The room in the corner was quiet but I would ask for a higher floor if I...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for the "comfortable" review. We appreciate being comfortable, and strive for outstanding. As a Brand, the Embassy Suites hotels do not offer complimentary HSIA; and I regret that our Business Center alternative was not satisfactory. The engineering department will address your plumbing concern. We look forward to seeing you return next year for the annual conference.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

We stayed here on business while attending a seminar. Check in and out went smoothly, but staff was not overly friendly. Our room was clean and had a comfortable bed and pillows, enough towels and toiletries, and nice flat screened tvs. The internet worked great and because I'm a Gold H-Honors member it was free. The happy hour was okay but the snacks just okay. Breakfast in the morning was good, but I did have to lay aside 3 different plates on the buffet that were extremely dirty. It's too bad that someone is not careful enough to make sure guests will get a clean plate. There are a few other eating places nearby including Wendy's and Cracker Barrel. I would however stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
EmbassyKCI, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Thank you for your recent comments which were overall favorable. In addition, you mentioned a couple of service areas that we can improve on. I will discuss these specifics with the responsible department managers. We are continuously working on improvements at the hotel and appreciate your observtions. Our reinvigorated, friendlier staff look forward to welcoming you back at thet hotel again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

This hotel has far surpassed our expectations. Front desk staff so very helpful and gracious. We needed a minor maintenance fix and Mr Ford was super fast and gave us free pizza & movie for "the hassle". Breakfast was huge w/ many choices. I just can't say enough about this place. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank L L
EmbassyKCI, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Wow - thanks for the 100% vote of confidence! The Embassy Suites KCI team appreciates your strong review and looks forward to your immminent return.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

As a Hilton Diamond level I felt that the rooms in this hotel were a little worn. I know that they have a lot of folks coming through but you must stay diligent on these things. We had three rooms here for one night (driving through on a family reunion) Our room had stains on carpet, the bottom of the inside doors were very beat up, the bathroom had dirt built up in the corners. One of our other rooms was very similar and the bathroom shower curtain had serious gunk on it.

Room Tip: Get a corner room away from the elevators especially on weekends, kids were running everywhere....
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
EmbassyKCI, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

We appreciate your informative and instructive comments. I regret that we did not meet your expectations in the guest suites during your recent stay. Specific issues have been referred to our Executive Housekeeper for the actionable items. The interior doors have been referred to our Engineering team for immediate maintenance and noted on our asset planning document for next year. We look forward to seeing you again on a return trip, when we cam ameliorate your opinion of Embassy Suites KCI statisfaction.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

The young lady that checked us in was very friendly and welcoming. The room was clean and we LOVED the beds. The breakfast was very good as well. The only complaint would be that we used the business center to check into our flights and the computers were very slow. I am very glad that you allow guests to leave their cars at the hotel and that you have a shuttle to the airport. The girl that drove us to the airport was very personable.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon T
EmbassyKCI, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Thanks for your kind comments regarding the hotel associates and our operations. Be assured, I will pass along your recognition of our Front Desk agents and our shuttle personnel. We will investigate the speed of our Business Center computers and make improvements as possible. Come see us again, the next time you are headed out of town or any time in between.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

I stay at the Embassy Suites near the KC International Airport every two years while travelling on business.
I'm always pleased to be back. Rooms are clean, spacious (they are SUITES after all), and well decorated.
This hotel has benefits that make my 5 day stay easier. Free hotel van rides to local shopping and restuarant chains in the Zona Rosa outdoor mall area (I recommend the SmokeHouse BBQ) - YUM!
A pub/restuarant is also located at the hotel. They have a FULL breakfast with eggs to order, etc. as part of the price of the hotel. Also, free adult beverages during the hotels weekly happy hour (they call it managers reception I believe).
A pool and workout room and a baby grand piano for you musicians out there.

Room Tip: Get a room a little higher up to enjoy the view down into the "atrium".
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DaninWV

Thank you for the favorable review of our hotel hospitality and the local attractions. We hope to see you again before another 2 years roll by. Roll in soon.