Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport
Ranked #26 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Stayed one night at the Embassy. The rooms are nice and clean. Social was very good, bartender very nice. Snacks okay. Front desk service excellent. Orlando did a very nice job. I had an internet issue and they handled it quickly and efficiently. Thank you very nice. I will be back, for the great service and nice rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank smiller560
HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Thanks for the pleaseant comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. In particuar, we apreciate your recognition of Olando at the hotel Front Desk and will share your opinions with all of our hotel associates. We are in the continuous improvement process to present our hotel, our staff and our service in the most hosptiable manner. We look forward to seeing you again whenever your travels bring you to Kansas City

Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed here 1 night so as to be close to the airport to fly out the following morning. The room was very nice. There was plenty of room and it lacked for nothing. The room rate includes a 2 hour happy hour from 5:30 until 7:30 that has light snacks and adult beverages. Also included was a nice buffet breakfast that had a nice selection. All staff that we encountered were very nice and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in this area.

Room Tip: If you like a view, ask for an outside room on the upper floors. The outside rooms may also offer le...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard S
HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Thanks for the favorable trip advisory. We strive to present our hotel, our staff and our service in the most hosptiable manner. We appreciate your recognition of our efforts and the amenities that Embassy Suites hotels offer. We look forward to seeing you again whenever your travels bring you to Kansas City.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

We stayed at the Embassy Suites while in town for a wedding and were very impressed with everything they had to offer. The hot breakfast included a cooked to order omelet and pancake bar, hot bacon and sausage, country potatoes, grits, plus a buffet of scrambled eggs and cheese, french toast, various hot and cold cereals, fruit, yogurt, assorted breads and pastries, juices, coffee, tea and hot chocolate. If you can't find anything you like among those choices, you just are too hard to please. In the evening they offered two hours of cocktails and snacks, and it was just a nice little something to munch on...chips and dip, caramel popcorn, and a party mix of nuts, crackers, pretzels. The room was beautiful and comfortable. Large kingsize bed with plenty of pillows, a separate living room area complete with microwave and refrigerator. It was nice that there were three sinks in the suite, which made it easy for getting dressed and applying makeup when the bathroom was occupied. It was spotlessly clean and the staff was always courteous and helpful. There is a shuttle that runs every half hour to take you to the nearby shopping center or other nearby places, as needed. Very nice! I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in room 501, which was right near the elevator, but very quiet. It had a nice view of the a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ThomasTCat
Reviewed 9 September 2012

A very good embassy suites, the rooms are starting to show some age but are very nicely maintained and the staff is very good. A much better choice then the Hilton that is close by. this property is definetly up to the Embassy Suites standard. Very nicely located to the airport and zona rosa for nice dinning options.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Michael K
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The rooms and staff at this location were wonderful, but the "hot" food on the breakfast spread was cold. The juice selection was more flavored waters. The decor was great I loved all the photographs.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2012

After having a 'not so good' stay the night before at a different Embassy Suites (Overland Park), I was more than satisfied with this hotel. This hotel was more like what I'm used to when it comes to a Hilton property. I arrived early and my room wasn't ready. They were kind and offered to let me work in the business center until my room was available. The business center was larger than most and had two round tables in the room. This was nice because I was able to sit at one and get some work done. The lobby was large, quite, and up-to-date. About 10 mintues after being in the business center, they brought me my room key, and I was on my way to room 210.

The room was nice, comfortable, cozy, clean, and quite. It was a corner room, so I'm sure it was a little larger than most rooms. The room seemed to be updated and had plenty of lighting. The wireless internet worked great. They do charge for it unless you have Hilton Honor's Gold or Diamond status, then it is free. The bed was firmer than the one I had at Overland Park, which was nice because I actually got some sleep. I saw some reviews about hearing airplanes taking off; but, I must say I never heard a single plane (day or night) from my room.

There is an outdoor shopping area with national brand stores (Dillard's, Limited, Forever 21, Bath and Body Works, etc...) and restaurants few miles away. I'm not sure if the shuttle will take you there, as I had a car and just drove myself. I can't comment on the manager's reception because I went out to dinner at the mall area. I didn't eat the breakfast because I had an early morning flight. However, they were kind enough to let me take some fruit with me. The airport is a few minutes away. This hotel is conveniently located and is in a safe, clean area. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank westiemom7
HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Thanks for giving us a try and your trip report. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our business center, the hotel suite & accommodations, plus the neaby shopping/retail center. I will pass on your kind words to the hotel associates. We look forward to your return for even more satisfaction.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

This was not one of the better Embassy Suites I have stayed in. The lobby is newer looking, but the rooms are showing some age. The food at breakfast and the manager's reception could have used some more variety. The bathroom was tiny. I requested a king and got 2 doubles. Additionally, the thermostats did no good at all-- the room never changed temperature. It wasn't horrible, but I expect more from Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
EmbassyKCI, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Thank you fro your recent trip review. We wany your favorable impression of the hotel lobby to encompass the entire operation. The Complimentary Breakfast area is undergoing a substantial refresh, that will be complete by YE. I regret that your preferred room type was unavailable at check-in. I have referred the HVAC control issue to the hotel engineering department. We look forward to your next visit and an ameliorated review.