Overall I'd say this falls into the more typical ES hotel. There was some good and some bad.
Checked in at 5pm and there were used wine glasses on the floor outside our room.
I've seen this before and it's not a good sign.
On entering the room it did look and smell clean.
The furniture is a light wood finish and everything was in working condition.
There are no extra electrical outlets near bed for cpap, so you'll need to unplug the lamp or clock. There are plenty of open outlets near bar and vanity area for charging devices.
We stayed on the 2nd floor and never had any trouble with noise except in the morning when someone was standing outside or door yelling at someone else.
The hotel only has double bed rooms with pull out sofa, and 1 king bed rooms with the sofa bed. It's a pet peeve of mine, but a hotel (especially one claiming to be all suites) ought to have queen and king beds, no doubles.
The thermostat wasn't even on when I entered the room, i turned it on and lowered the temp as it was warm in the room. (After 12 hours with the thermostat being set at 65 degrees the room was still 70.)
The TV was fine and had a decent selection, but no animal planet (if you have kids)
Both of our room keys were finicky and had trouble opening our room. Sometimes we had to try a key 3 times before the lock would open. (We were never able to get my wife's key to open the pool door.)
There is no charge for parking.
The Pool is open until 10. (doesn't matter what day of the week.)
Snacks were caramel corn, pretzels, potato chips and french dip, a veggie tray and ranch dip. Draft beer was bud light and amber bock and was served in real glass glasses.
The bartender did a great job, rarely more than 2 in line and often there was no waiting. The lady (Donna?) keeping the reception area cleaned and filled did a very good job. I noticed she was back at it again in the morning working the breakfast area. She was a hard worker and I'd recommend her for a raise to ensure they keep good employees.
Breakfast was good. The usual if you are an ES regular.
Two things to note: The omelets here are smaller than usual, which I actually liked as I rarely finish one by myself. The other is that bacon was available but handed out at omelet station 2 strips at a time. They probably would have given us more if we asked but otherwise they were strict with the 2 strip limit if you just asked for some bacon.
They charge for internet access in the room AND in the lobby.
There are three elevators available, and we did not have to wait except in the morning when there was a rush of people getting to/from breakfast as well as those checking out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Kansas City - International Airport hotel is located just five minutes south of Kansas City International Airport via complementary shuttle and within 20 minutes of most of Kansas City's businesses and corporations. Our Kansas City Airport hotel is a full-service, upscale, all-suite hotel with amenities and location make us ideal for the leisure and business travelers. Guests enjoy free cooked to order breakfast snacks and drinks at our complimentary Evening Reception, fitness center and business center.Nearby attractions include Zona Rosa Shopping & Entertainment District, Tiffany Greens Golf Course, The National Golf Course, Tiffany Hills Sports Complex, Country Club Plaza, Hallmark Visitors Center, Kansas Speedway, Arrowhead Stadium, Kaufman Stadium, Sprint Center, Kansas City Convention & Entertainment Center, Kemper/Hale Arena, Kansas City Zoo and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Kansas City - International Airport Hotel Kansas City
- Kansas City Embassy Suites