“Excellent- check in was friendly and made my day”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport
Ranked #18 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent- check in was friendly and made my day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Massive rooms, excellent condition, great staff! Very convenient off the highway. A great choice! Your quality management is great- what a pleasure! First time I've chosen Embassy Suites and pleasantly surprised. If y'all would install K-cup coffee machines I'd be happy.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Avoca, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We needed an early check in for wedding in the area. Rachel from customer service called to let us know a room was ready 3 hrs early. Ramona in the banquet team helped the kids enjoy the wedding dinner... It is never easy to bring kids to a wedding party but she made the kids feel welcome and we as parents actually enjoyed our evening. Well done Ramona and Rachel.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Rlunajr
Tampa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel found me a room late at night near the airport, (Kansas City). I get a decent night's sleep, and the breakfast bar was clean and attractive. I would definately use this hotel again. The Embassy sujites have been uniformly good in my travels to 66 countries, ( At least where they have them in those countries!)

Sioux City, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I usually enjoy the Embassy Suites but this hotel was the exception.
My A/C was not working properly.
My room door was left open during one of the days that I stayed there. No one around - just left the door open for anyone to walk in.
One night, the hotel provided me with a "wake up call" at 3 a.m. which I did NOT request.
The hotel was very humid and had a unpleasant smell. My room smelled. We were there for a conference and the restrooms outside the conference room really smelled bad.
On the positive side, the food was good. I had 5 days worth of meals and they were all good.
The staff was nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
This morning at our daily associate Huddle meeting, we discussed your comments. Thanks for taking the time to communicate with us. In particular, the bad news along with the good news. I understand that the suite AC was an issue, your door was left open, and you encountered an unpleasant odor. We sincerely apologize if you felt your concerns were not addressed in an appropriate, timely manner. On a positive side, we were delighted to note that you rated the hotel meals as good for all 5 days and staff were nice. We still have some homework to do. I will forward the comments regarding your observations to the responsible department heads for additional action and review. We hope you will contact us again, and look forward to seeing you soon at the Embassy Suites Hotel.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was in town for a business conference. The only issue I had was getting to the hotel due to the road construction around the hotel, combined with a night rainstorm. Beyond that, I had an excellent stay. The suite was clean and comfortable and had the nice amenities (flat panel TVs, Keurig coffee in the room, fridge and microwave, iHome alarm clock). I just wish the nightstand between the beds had some extra power outlets so I could charge my phone next to the bed. Breakfast the next morning was varied and delicious, especially the hot, cooked-to-order station. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. I've always come to expect a good stay at Embassy Suites and this stay further reinforces that opinion.

Room Tip: Embassy Access is a system where if you are in a higher-tier room or pay extra you get access to sof...
St. Loluis, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I enjoy Embassy Suites Hotel. I enjoyed the location of my suite, right off the elevators. The registration staff were friendly and helpful. When I forgot something and they didn't sell it in their 'pantry', I asked for a place that is open 24 hours that is close by and they offered to shuttle me (for free) over to Wal-Mart. The driver was very helpful and friendly. The negative points: the elevators were slow, the complimentary breakfast was horrible, the evening reception was horrible, and the fitness center should have had some cleaning solution and towels for the guests to wipe down the machines after each use. All in all, I would stay there again. The good outweighed the bad.

1 Thank Karen B
St. Louis, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Beware that airport shuttle is not well marked on front with hotel name. By the time you see the name on side of van, driver can't see you flag them down. Hotel allowed guest with unregistered pets to stay in the regular hotel area after I told them dogs next door were a nuisance barking. They asked to move us instead of those breaking the rules. Concern for any next guests in that room who may be allergic t animals. What do they do to get out the dander? Several times toilet paper roll was empty in several stalls in ladies bathroom by meeting rooms. Our hotel room smelled musty/old. Happy hour drinks were good - food at HH was lame (chips, dip, vegetables) Complimentary breakfast was awesome! Omelets rocked the place! Bartenders were very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
We appreciate your taking the time to communicate with us. In particular, the bad along with the good. I understand that the Hotel Shuttle could have improved messaging, the Manager's Reception offerings did not meet your satisfaction, and the paper supplies were lacking in the public restroom. Regarding the pet in the adjacent room, the hotel does allow pets and a policy is posted. We sincerely apologize if you felt your concerns were not addressed in an appropriate, timely manner. On a positive note, we were delighted to note that you rated the Complimentary Breakfast “awesome"! I will forward the comments regarding your observations to the responsible department heads for further action and review. We hope you will contact us again, and look forward to seeing you soon at the Embassy Suites Hotel