Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsevening receptionmade to order breakfastmanagers receptionhappy hourzona rosakansas city international airporthot breakfastomeletfree breakfastliving roomhot tubfitness centernice stayyogurtfree shuttleshuttle serviceatrium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 February 2011

This hotel is conveniently located, clean and comfortable and the staff is friendly. I'm not much of a breakfast person, but was pleasantly surprised with the free meal. I didn't spend too much time there, but it was an overall great experience and wouldn't think twice about staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank GOTYER6
EmbassyKCI, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2011

Thank you for your comments. We enjoy hearing from our guests. We are glad we were able to "surprise" you with our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast. It is a pillar of the Embassy Suites brand. We also offer a two-hour manager's reception in the evening with complimentary beer, wine, mixed drinks and snacks. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2010

The price was reasonable, the room roomy with every amenity you could ask for and the breakfast was the best complimentary breakfast. The shuttle driver was friendly and the workout facility was entirely adequate for a night or two if exercise is important to you. The inner lobby was beautiful. If it had better proximity to the downtown area, I would have stayed here for my entire stay and not only for convenience to the airport.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ThankxgivingTraveler
Reviewed 24 October 2010

This is a average hotel, but the structure seems to amplify any and all noises coming from the lobby. Kids were running all over the hotel without their parents from the time I checked in until the time I went to sleep 11PM. Luckily my two bedroom suite bedroom door drowned out about 80% of the noise that was very audible from my living room. The bed sleeps wonderfully! Breakfast was mediocre at best. The person that checked me in seemed to have a chip on his shoulder, but the lady who checked me out was very friendly. The Business Center had computer that were clearly out dated connected to CURRENT printers that did not work. Can someone say help desk?
Long story short, this hotel is a hit or miss and a far cry from any other Embassy Suites that I've booked in the past.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank snapplex

I am sorry to read that your experience at the Embass Suites KCI was not up to your expectations. We strive to make each guest's experience warm and inviting. I will review your experience with the appropriate departments. We may need to brush up on our associate's training. Also, we will review our Business Center equipment and our breakfast food offerings to make sure they meet or exceed our brand standards. We appreciate all feedback. Thank you for your insight.

Reviewed 8 October 2010

We were in town for our parents' 50th Anniversary and the location was perfect- near their home and the airport. Even though we didn't have a block, they were able to give us rooms all right next to each other (children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren in the mix). The breakfast buffet was fantastic: fresh fruit , yogurt, individual milk bottles, oatmeal and a cook-to-order station for pancakes and eggs. Love the Dowe Egbert coffee, too! And, they had high chairs for all of our babies. The rooms were well-appointed- made use of the sofa beds and desks, coffee-tea station. Comfy beds, great bathroom ammenities. Loved that we all had a view of the downstairs lobby area (restaurant, grand piano) so we could find our family members. Front desk agent at check in was super friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, we had no time to use the pool or fitness center. The only negative experience was the charge for wireless per computer. We had several going (working on the anniversary event) and had to pay almost $10 for each connection. We had to run down to the business center to print.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl C
EmbassyKCI, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2010

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate hearing your kind words about our Hotel and Staff. I am glad we were able to provide accommodations in the same area for your family. It makes reunions so much easier. I understand you were not pleased with the charge for internet in the guest suite but were satisfied with the complimentary internet in our BusinessLink (business center) in the lobby. As a brand, Embassy Suites charges for internet. I am sure when the Embassy Suites' full-service competitors start providing complimentary internet, we will follow. Although you did not have time to experience our pool area, it is currently under renovation and will be a fabulous, new space for our guests! Thank you, again, for your comments. Please come back and try us again.

Reviewed 23 August 2010

We stayed at the Embassy Suites on a Saturday night and absolutely loved it. The front entrance was under construction when we were there but it didn't cause too much of a problem they just had the side entrance open. Check in was very fast and the staff was very nice and helpful and joking around with us which I appreciated. We went up to our room and were delighted with the set up. It was very nice! We had a couch in the main room with a chair next to it and a nice leather ottoman as well as a dining table. The TV was flat pannel and upgraded, it was very modern and convenient unlike another reviewer that said the TV's were old and outdated. They also had the kitchenette with a sink, microwave and fridge. The bathroom was updated and modern with many upgrades including the showerhead and the expanded shower curtain rod to make it feel bigger. The bathroom isn't huge but it is functional and I didn't feel it was small. It was just a bathroom, not sure if people are expecting to do Yoga or something in there. Didn't have a problem with the size. The bedroom was nice had two double beds and another TV in there as well. It was a large sized room with big windows. After we got all situated we went down to the front desk to ask them where the Legends Outlet Mall was and they had these nifty cards with directions to the mall. We used the directions and went to the mall it was great. We got back in time for the tail end of the managers reception and enjoyed several drinks to start our night off. The bartender was great! I think his name was Dallas but I could be wrong. He was amazing and knew what everyone was drinking when they came back. He remembered that my friend wanted a margarita with a pinch of Orange Juice and that was pretty great! He also knew the names of several of the guests who had been staying there for a couple days. Great Customer Service on his part! From there we went to talk to the front desk about a good BBQ place and they gave us another nifty card with directions to Gates BBQ. It was in a little shady part of town but it was about a mile from the Power and Lights district which was convenient. After a few other places we went back to the hotel and watched some TV and went to sleep. The beds I didn't have a problem with except for just not liking sleeping in beds that are not my own. I slept soundly for the most part. The pillows were a little too soft so maybe offering a variety or some options would be good. Not a big issue though. Woke up took and took a shower. Great water pressure, plenty of hot water even though it was almost 9. Went down and had breakfast which was delicious. Loved that we could get made to order food if we wanted to but we didn't want to wait. There were only 2-3 people in line but the rest of the food was perfect for us. We had biscuits and gravey as well as French Toast. Other sides I didn't try but my friend did. Great options though and way better than a continental breakfast.

Basically, I would highly reccomend this hotel. It was great and had the amenities we were looking for. It is a little bit far north but we knew that going into it. If you are looking for something in the midst of things don't stay here. But there was plenty to do close by like shopping centers and bars.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
EmbassyKCI, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2010

Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. We were finishing up our Front Desk renovation, we appreciate your understaning. Our Front Desk is now complete -- you should come back and see us! We appreciate your comments about the little things we do -- the note cards directing people to area attractions -- we have found those little things delight our guests. Again, thank you for your comments. Please keep traveling.

Carolyn McClure