“Great hotel and staff”

Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
Ranked #9 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The hotel is very clean and inviting. The rooms are welcoming and comfortable. The staff are fantastic. Every time I stay at this hotel I am greeted warmly by the front staff and they always try to make my stay a great one. The staff in Spectators Bar are great, friendly and always there when you need them. Overall this hotel is my favorites in Kansas City.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Deborah O- Thank you very much for sharing your warm comments on your recent stay with us at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly and inviting, ensuring you had everything you needed for a comfortable stay. It is our goal as a Sheraton for our guests to feel at home and form connections with our team and knowing we were able to create this experience means so much to our team. We value your loyalty and look forward to having you back as our guest next time you are in Kansas City.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was my first stay at this Sheraton and I would definitely recommend this hotel. I spent 4 nights there while in KC for business and have no complaints. I was greeted at the door by a friendly young man named Phillip, then my check-in was accomplished quickly and efficiently by a nice guy named Kenneth. My room was very clean and had some of he best linens, bed, and pillows that I could imagine. I ate breakfast buffet every morning and the staff in that dining area were all very nice. The location is so convenient to downtown and there are lots of fun things to do and see and yummy places to eat within a short distance. It was all good!

Room Tip: The 25th floor, specifically room 2508, had a wonderful view of downtown!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our staff was warm and welcoming from the moment you arrived. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center and it is great you were able to indulge in all the fun sites and dining at your convenience. We truly value your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future! Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our 2 day stay at the Sheraton at Crown Center was the best one yet. The lobby is now beautifully remodeled, the bar and dining areas have excellent food choices and the most well trained staff. This is the 5th year we have chosen to stay here and it just gets better. The new mattresses were wonderful! I have never slept so well in a bed away from home. Room rates are very reasonable. The staff is attentive to customers and seem to enjoy their jobs, a good indicator of great management. They were happy to supply us with additional coffee packs for our room and never made us feel as if we were in the way or too demanding. We were always greeted with a "may we help you." I love the green option available for the laundering of sheets and towels. Loved that they offered a package deal during the Irish Festival.

Room Tip: If you have back or neck problems, ask about the new mattresses.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Pam S- Thank you very much for sharing your uplifiting comments on your recent stay with us at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear you love the new lobby renovations and were able to relax and enjoy a delicious meal at our restaurants. We take great pride in our Sweet Sleeper beds and I am happ you were able to have a restful sleep. It is our goal as a Sheraton to make our guests feel warm and welcome and it means a lot to our team knowing our staff was able to create this experience for you. Thank you for your loyalty to Sheraton Crown Center. We look forward to creating many more memorable stays for you.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Sheraton was a very nice hotel and we enjoyed our stay there. The link between the hotel, Crown Center and Union Station was a wonderful added bonus of staying there. The staff was so helpful and friendly. Everyone we met there was willing to answer our questions and help us find where we were trying to get to. We would definitely stay there again, great value for the price. One thing we had not considered though was having to pay to park there. I believe we paid $16 per night to park in the garage. It wasn't a ton of money, but would have been nice to park for free since we were staying at the hotel. Even with the parking charge, my family highly recommends this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

LovetheHuskers- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, making sure you had everything you needed for a comfortable stay. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center, surrounding many of Kansas City's most popular dining and attractions and it is great you were able to enjoy all the area has to offer at your convenience. Next time you return, check out our Sea Life/Lego Land package we offer which includes complimentary parking. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to having you back to the Sheraton Crown Center.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at this Sheraton over Labor Day weekend last year (2012) A return visit was a great decision. I can't say enough about this hotel. A central location for my sister and I who shopped Crown Center, The Plaza, River Market, Zona Rosa.

We had a quiet corner room on the 33rd floor, great view overlooking Crown Center and the Irish Festival. We pricelined the room for $72 a night, a fantastic value for a hotel of this caliber. Will definitely return to this Sheraton.

Room Tip: Higher floor, request a corner room facing Crown Center and the Hallmark complex.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

IL-jaybird- I appreciate you taking your time to share your warm comments regarding your recent experience with us at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay during Labor Day weekend and were able to enjoy all the great shops and attractions in the area! We are very fortunate to be centrally located in Crown Center. It is our goal as a Sheraton to create a relaxing and comfortable stay for our guests and I am delighted to hear you and your sister were able to enjoy the quiet corner room with the great view of Irish Fest right outside of your window. We value your feedback and look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Just finished the weekend Irish Fest and the Sheridan was one of the Fest HQs. Our room was ready early, the staff was right there for anything we needed or questions. The Link connects to the Westin and Union Station so dining and shopping are just steps away. The extra fees for in room wifi and parking seemed questionable but the hotel is so convenient to all downtown that it all equals out. Every member of staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

David N- I appreciate you sharing your feedback on your stay with us at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay during Irish Fest and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, ensuring you had everything you needed for a successful, fun weekend. Our Link covered walkway is a great feature we have at our hotel and I am happy you were able to take advantage of this to visit the shops in Crown Center and Union Station without having to step out in the hot summer heat. We value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future to create another memorable stay.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

The Sheraton in downtown KC has been recently remodeled so it is very clean and new! I was there for business and the lunches were very delicious. One advantage was at night we could walk to excellent restaurants. If we wanted a ride, the shuttle bus from the hotel was very accommodating. It makes a week away from home go faster when you can have fun!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Suzanne S- Thank you very much for sharing your warm comments on your recent stay at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great stay you had and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, ensuring you had everything you needed for a personable, relaxing stay. We are very excited about the new renovations we have completed in the hotel and I am happy you love the new improvements! We truly value your loyalty to Sheraton and look forward to welcoming you back to the family in the future.