“How they make the beds:”

Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Buffalo, Missouri
“How they make the beds:”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

The sheets do not cover the mattress! I posted pictures on my FB of what our beds looked like. The bottom sheets lacked about 10 inches of coming to the foot of the mattress and couldn't tuck in on the sides of the mattress. There was a scratchy pad that was partially showing in the center of the bed at the foot. You would think for the price of the rooms they could afford to put proper bedding on for the customer. They charge major dollars to use the internet, phone, in the room. The people at the desk were very friendly, on the 3rd day we found a housekeeper and complained and she put a king size sheet on for our last night. I just felt it was not healthy because you just don't know what health disease someone may have with their feet. I tried hard not to touch the bottom but in my sleep I would and then I'd wake up with that scratchy pad at the end in the center. There was some blood on my husbands side even.

Room Tip: Ask ahead if the sheets cover the mattress or not!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Ruth Helen E- I appreciate you taking your time to share your comments on your recent stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I sincerely apologize for the frustrations you encountered regarding the sheets on your guest bedroom, causing for your experience to be less than perfect. It is our goal as a Sheraton to ensure our guests are as comfortable as possible and I apologize this matter. I have addressed your comments with the appropriate teams to further investigate these matters and ensure your next experience is as comfortable as possible. I hope your stay does not reflect negatively on other Starwood Hotels. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back with us in the future to provide a top notch experience for you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Finnish first
Ankeny, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

For my 2nd Kansas City Marathon my wife and I decided to stay at the Sheraton @Crown Center due to it being the host hotel. The decision was based on walking through the lobby the previous year to the packet pick-up and falling in love with the presentation of the main lobby. Our minds were easily made for us before even reading any review about the location. With an entrance like that, and the staff as pleasant as they were, there was no need to read up on the property. Upon checking in, everything about our experience was superb! When getting checked in I was asked if I was in town for the race and participating and when I informed the employee that I was running the marathon and it was my 2nd year in a row, I was told that he would make sure to provide us with a excellent downtown view to enjoy before running it. Walkign in the room and we were floored with that view along with how clean the room was. Very comfortable bed which was such a pleasant surprise to have before running that 26.2 miles the next day. Top-Notch service and an excellent property that I WILL definitely be returning to for next year's marathon, but also all future visits to Kansas City! Thank you to the management and staff of the Sheraton @ Crown Center!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Ryan D- Thank you very much for sharing your warm comments on your stay at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a top notch stay you had with us and that our staff went above and beyond to ensure you had everything you needed for a relaxing and comfortable stay! We are so happy with the new lobby renovations and I am happy to know the new improvements were what made you and your wife want to stay with us! Knowing our team was able to create such a memorable and signature experience for you means a lot. We value your loyalty to Sheraton and look forward to welcoming you back to the family in the future.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We were delayed in our arrival by traffic in St. Louis, and affived at the Sheraton @ Crown Center about 9pm, road-weary and needing refreshments and a good night's sleep before my presentation the next morning. The Valet team uppacked our luggage and whisked it right up to our room as we were checking in. The Desk Clerk provided a warm greeting and suggested that we try the in-hotel sports bar for our meal, . . . , and the food & service were great! We felt pampered the whole weekend.
We will definitely stay at this hotel when we return on another business trip in the spring. Right in the heart of downtown, it was easy to get to the meeting facilities, as well as to great restaurants in the Westport area. The room was spotless, and the bed was VERY comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Tim F- I appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback on your stay with us at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is great to hear what a top notch experience you had with us and that our staff made you feel warm and welcome from the moment you arrived. It is our goal as a Sheraton to make ours guests stay as relaxing and comfortable as possible and knowing we were able to go above and beyond and make sure you were settled after such a long tiring day or travels means a lot. Your loyalty to Sheraton is very important to our team and we look forward to welcoming you back to creating many more signature stays.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

The staff at check in where very nice. They asked what brought us to the area. Told them we were taking our 5 year old to Legoland, the Aquarium and Science City. One of the staff immediately gathered information and maps and gave it to my son. He was really excited to see the maps. They asked if he would like to stay on a high floor. He was if course ecstatic about that idea. And was really excited to learn our room was on the 36th floor! The room and hotel was really clean and nice decorations. The location is perfect to enjoy crown center and union station without driving. We will return to this hotel again and again.

• Stayed September 2013
Jess_topeka- Thank you very much for sharing your warm comments on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great experience you had with us and that our staff made you feel welcome and right at home from the moment you arrived! We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center with so many fun sites and shops moments away and I am so pleased to hear what a fun and exciting time you and your family were able to have! Your feedback is very important to us, helping us to continue to create memorable experiences for our guests and we cannot wait to have you back with us in the future.
Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

This was our 3rd stay in 4 months in KC. We will now ONLY stay at the Sheraton Crown Center. The entire staff was kind, helpful, and very considerate of my son and I during a rough time. Our room, as well as entire hotel, was clean. Such a nice feeling! We parked our car the day we arrived, and never got in it again until time to leave 4 days later. That is how convenient the hotel is to shopping, dining, children's hospital, as well as many kids activities. Having the fridge in room and store in lobby is an easy way to save money.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Joyce F- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your warm comments on your recent stay at Sheraton Crown Center. It is great to hear this is your favorite place to stay in Kansas City and that our staff consistently is friendly and accommodating, making sure you have everything you need for a relaxing and uplifting stay. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center and I am happy you are able to enjoy all the great sites and dining just walking distance from our hotel. We truly value your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton family again in the near future.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Had a nice stay at this Sheraton. If you can get club level access it is a nice bonus with breakfast and snacks offered with amazing views of Kansas City. Convenient location. No complaints. If you need a place to stay in KC, would recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
TAP647- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed your time with us and were able to indulge in all the amenities provided to you in our Club Lounge. It is our goal as a Sheraton to create as comfortable and convenient an experience as possible and it means a lot to our team to hear we were able to create this experience for you. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to having you back!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed at this Sheraton while attending a conference. Central location accesible to great restaurants. Great room, excellent bed and pillows, slept better than on my own bed! staff very friendly and alwys ready to help with smile in thier face. Great customer service. I definitely would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you work out, the gym is superb. Great rooms!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hyddo- I appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a top notch experience you had with us and were able to relax and indulge in all the amenties provided to you as our guest. It is our goal as a Sheaton to ensure our guests are as comfortable and relaxed as possible and it is great our team was able to create this for you. We value your feedback and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.