“Issues; But GM worked them out.”

Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
Ranked #11 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Iola, Kansas
“Issues; But GM worked them out.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed here for three days after the first of the year. Booked a club room and arrived to find the club lounge was closed but breakfast for two and a single appetizer nightly was offered in the Spectators restraunt. Not the club lounge and not worth the extra money paid for a club room. Otherwise mostly good stay. SPG app and web hours for services were not honored at the hotel which was very inconvenient. The General Manager did address the issues.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Cory C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your experience. I apologize we did not meet your expectations upon arrival, but am glad to see we were able to recover during your stay. If there is anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to let us know.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Finnish first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I was blessed to stay at the Sheraton, it far exceeded my expectations for a Sheraton.
They remodeled and did a great job at it.
Every room has starbucks coffee which was awesome, and they are really friendly!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Daniel M- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and loved the new renovations! We are very excited about all the improvements going on in the hotel and it means a lot to our team to hear positive feedback! We truly value your business and look forward to welcoming you back in the future! Thank you again for sharing your warm comments.
Bolivar, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

THe Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center is one of the best places to stay. The staff really know what it means to make you feel like a valued customer! I would recommend anyone passing through the Kansas City area to stop in at this hotel for your stay. Another great plus is that it is walking distance from the shops at Crown Center!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Chris W- Thank you for sharing your warm comments on your recent stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what an excellent stay you had and that our staff was able to make you feel warm and welcome from the moment you arrived! It is very important to our team to go above and beyond to create an authentic experience for our guests. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center with so many great sites and shops and I am happy you were able to visit these attractions at your convenience. We value your business and look forward to creating another top notch stay for you in the future.
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Normally for ringing in the New Year I stay in a hotel that is quite close to my home, less than a mile. Just a way to ring in the New Year. This year my daughter suggested we stay toward the downtown were it would be more "exciting". Well, my first thought was how noisy it would be. However, it was extremely nice. the room very comfortable and the view of downtown was breathtaking. We could see the holiday festivities, but could not hear them as the room blocked noise quite well. I would stay again for an in-town va-ca.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Noireevb- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is so great to hear about what a fun time you and your daughter had ringing in the New Year with us! It is our goal to create as comfortable a stay as possible and how fun to hear you were able to relax in your guest room enjoying the amazing view of Kansas City! We truly value your business and look forward to creating another memorable staycation for you in the future!
Apopka, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Though my business trip was short, still got excellent service and support. I arrived late and the front staff was there and very supportive, quickly getting me setup and on to my room. I will be back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
NBun- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am happy to hear what a top notch experience you had with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating ensuring you had everything you needed for a comfortable stay. We truly value your business and hope to welcome you back to provide another warm and welcoming stay for you!
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I had a great stay. It was quiet, even though I was by the elevator, the lobby was perfect for working/socializing, the check-in was friendly and efficient. It was bitterly cold but was easy to use the skybridge to get to shopping and eating. The room was clean and the bed extremely comfortable. I normally stay at Marriotts, but after my experience here, I am tempted to start staying at Sheratons.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
jlbran84- Thank you for taking your time to share your warm comments on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great time you had with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating ensuring you had everything you needed for a comfortable stay. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center surrounding many of Kansas City's favored attractions and I am happy you were able to access our link covered walkway to visit all the area. We truly value your business and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Chester, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I've stayed here a number of times and have always been pleased. The rooms are large and comfortable (typical Sheraton). Platinum level gets you access to a very nice Club Lounge - plentiful breakfast (although only instant oatmeal), fancy appetizers, and nice atmosphere. Tuesday nights (if I remember correctly) are manager receptions which include better appetizers (like crab cakes) and a drawing for SPG points. Chances of winning are good if there aren't many guests. I prefer this hotel to the near by Westin, as it's more modern.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a top notch experience you had with us and were able to relax in the comfort of your Sweet Sleeper bed after al ong day! We take great pride in all the amenities available to our guests and I am very happy you were able to take advantage of all the hotel has to offer! We truly value your loyalty to Sheraton and look forward to welcoming you back to the family in the future! Thank you again for sharing yoru warm comments.