“Great Staff”

Ranked #11 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I had a good stay. For a hotel I thought it was very quiet. The hotel is nice, impressive lobby. Location is great, right on the Link in downtown Kansas City. But I found the staff to be excellent, when I checked in, out and made my reservation on the phone. I thought they were friendly and helpful. It really made a lasting impression on me.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Allene R- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a great stay you had with us and that our staff made you feel warm and welcome. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center and it is great you were able to enjoy all the sites and dining in the area! We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Finnish first
Tustin, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We were in town for a volleyball tournament and the GM (and group sales department) couldn't have been nicer about working with our entire team and our official housing company to open a block of rooms for us. We certainly appreciated that. The hotel itself was lovely and well located close to shops, restaurants and the convention center. It's a little close to the railroad track but only somebody with sensitive hearing would be bothered by it.

Although there's a dedicated station for SPG gold and platinum at the front desk, they don't use it separately so everybody just stands in the same line and feeds to the next available clerk. Not sure why they have the sign out at all. Still, service was friendly throughout the hotel. The head of security was particularly kind and helpful (Pathe). The weekend club lounge gal was great (a black lady whose name I unfortunately cannot remember). We were misinformed about club lounge hours. We were told it opens at 7 am on the weekend but it turns out they don't open until 8 am (and we had to leave at 7:30 am). When they are open in the morning, there's assorted pastries, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, potatoes and fruit. In the afternoon, they have one hot item (spinach dip, wings, meatballs or similar fare), cheese and crackers and there's always yogurt, granola bars, hot coffee, cocoa, water, juice and soda.

Room service was a disappointment as food wasn't hot or timely. The delivery person told us she was late because there was only one person working that morning which I found curious because the hotel was packed. Transportation services was polite but not helpful. We had three platinum families requesting transportation to the convention center (five minutes away) and though there is a shuttle that runs in the area, they refused to accommodate us.

Overall, a pleasant experience. The hotel was beautiful, location great, and the rooms were in good shape and had lovely views. For the most part, the staff was very hospitable which made for an enjoyable stay. This is a solid choice if you're in KC.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
victoriacr63- Thank you very much for sharing your warm comments on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. It is truly amazing to hear what top notch service our team was able to provide for you during the volleyball tournament. It is our goal to create a warm and welcoming experience for our guests and it means a lot to hear what a positive impact we all made. I sincerely apologize for your disappointments with our Room Service. I have addressed your feedback with our Restaurant team to further investigate where our team fell short and ensure we are providing the highest quality of food and service for our guests consistently. We truly value your business and hope to welcome you back in the future to create another great stay.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Sheraton Kansas Hotel was extremely nice. Beds were very comfortable and the entire hotel was extremely clean. I will choose this hotel for my next trip to Kansas City. Thanks to the entire staff for making my stay wonderful.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Kathy G- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great time you had with us and that our staff went above and beyond to ensure you had everything you needed. It is our goal to create a warm and welcoming experience and I am happy you were able to relax in the comfort of your Sweet Sleeper beds after a long day. We truly value your business and look forward to having you back as our guest in the future.
El Dorado, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I was very impressed with the room, but for the price I shouldn't have been. The only problem we had was with the shower pressure, it was less than good. The bed was very comfortable! Too bad my snoring husband kept me awake! I'm not crazy about having to pay for parking at a hotel, that should be included in the price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Donnaj63- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us and were able to relax in the comfort of your guest room after a long day. We truly value your business and your feedback means a lot to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the future.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

The people at the Sheraton are very pleasant and efficient. The fitness center is one of the best I have used at a hotel. I have made good use of the LINK to travel over to the Union Station. I especially like the availability and offerings of the Club Lounge.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
kearypk- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a pleasant stay you had with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating. We take great pride in the amenities provided to you as our guest and I am happy you were able to take advantage of all available to you at your convenience. We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Worst shower ever. Comfortable room and bed. Greg in the bar was fantastic very attentive! Staff were wonderful. A little loud. There were a lot of children during my visit with lots of slamming doors and playing on elevators. I don't think anyone should charge for internet access.

Room Tip: View is best on higher floors. Room with king bed is spacious.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Stacey7499- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay and that our staff was able to provide top notch experience for you. I apologize for te frustrations you experienced with the level of noise on your guest room floor. It is our goal to create as relaxing a stay as possible. We truly value your business and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back as our guest in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

My family and I were in KC for a convention. We've stayed in KC several times before but this was our first time at the Sheraton. Everything was great check in was quick and courteous. The hotel was very clean and spacious. The value was surprising considering location and its attached to the Crown Center . Really appreciated that feature. We also added club amenities to the room which included dinner snack(hot wings,veggie,cheese tray )and hot breakfast and the view from there is spectacular.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Bri C- Thank you very much for sharing your warm comments on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a great stay you had with us and that our staff was warm and welcoming from the momenty you arrived. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center and it is great you were able to enjoy all the area has to ffer. We value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future! Thank you again for sharing your feedback.