“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Pittsburgh, PA
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I came to Kansas City for a conference. Room was great. Clean. Easy check in and check out. Valet and bell service were exceptionally helpful. Front desk also personable and informative. Had room service the first night...best burger ever. Ever. Concierge was helpful. Had a wonderful time!

• Stayed April 2014
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
LauraMP76- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great stay you had with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating. It is our goal to create a welcoming, and comfortable experience and I am happy you were able to relax in the comfort of your guest after a long day, enjoying the amenities provided to you as our guest. We value your buisness and look forward to having you back as our guest in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Finnish first
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Really nice of them to upgrade me to a suite as a SPG Platinum member. The girl who checked me in was very informative and helpful. The suite wasn't anything special - the hotel could use some updating, and the suite was basically a sitting area separated from a bedroom by a small hallway that had a bathroom. Still, a good gesture, much appreciated. What had the "wow factor" was the view from the room. You could see the downtown and beyond for miles. Then I decided to check out the club lounge - one of the nicest lounges I've been in (you need to take a secret elevator to get there....) and the view was even more magnificent. Wasn't busy at all (or didn't feel like it since the lounge is huge), the hostess was super nice and there was a large selection of food and drinks. Took a walk through the pedestrian walkways to the crown center and was a little disappointed at what all was in there (i.e. very little).

Room Tip: try to get a high floor with a view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
canadianarthur- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a top notch stay you had with us and that our staff was able to put you in the best room available. We value your loyalty to the Starwood brand and it means a lot you were able to relax and enjoy the beautiful view of Kansas City from your guest room. Your kind feedback means a lot to our team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton family in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

The room had a personal attention touch feel to it which made it very comforting. The staff as usual were kind and helpful. The renovated lobby and Bar makes the experience even better than it used to be.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Rafa C- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a great stay you had with us and that our staff was warm and welcoming! It is our goal to create a comfortable and convenient say and it is great you were able to relax and enjoy all the amenities provided to you as our guest. We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

The hotel was a great get away and I book my room on my iPhone SPG App and got a great deal & price. And it helped make my decision quick!! It was a quick pre paid booking, which I had never done b4 and it was def a great rate & perfect! I do it again in a min to get such a great deal on a room on a weekend night. The check in front desk lady was so friendly & nice, she even have me a higher floor & city view...amazing!! And the room was great & view was awesome of the city. And checking out, was simple & easy and they were great to me!! Valet even impressed me!! All I can say is "thank you" to the staff of the Sheraton on crown center, and my stay was great!! See you again soon.~ Lekota McNeely

• Stayed April 2014
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Caligrrl2004- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a great stay you had with us and that you were able to utilize the SPG app to find a great deal on a room. It is our goal to create a warm and welcoming experience for our guests and knowing our team was able to create this for you means al ot. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future to create another top notch stay.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

It was my second time at Kansas City, again for business purposes, and the hotel meet all my expectations. The best part of it was the staff that worked to ensure all my needs were attended and were very educated and friendly. Being in the Crown Center is a tremendous advantage since you are close to downtown, Sprint Center, lots of good restaurants and bars and The Plaza. I would definitely recommend it for someone on a business trip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Leonardo- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your overall stay and that our staff made you feel warm and welcome from the moment you arrived. It means alot to hear our staff was able to provide top notch service for you. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center, moments away from many of Kansas City's most popular sites and dining. It is great you were able to conveniently visit the area. We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stay at this property at least once every year during the Heart of America weekend and love the convenience and cleanliness of the hotel. This year we were treated to the greatest customer service ever by Ty at the front desk. We had made a mistake and he was able to correct it and get us a room in just a few minutes. He has the biggest smile and was very courteous, patient and happy to help. He made our day! This property has always been very comfortable and the proximity to the Crown Center shops and activities makes this a great place to stay, shop and relax.

Room Tip: Use of Skywalk to Crown Center is very nice especially during rainy weather.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
JenGo4- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a top notch stay you had with us this year and that our staff made you feel warm and welcome, ensuring you had everything you needed for the best stay possible. It means a lot to hear we are able to consistently create a signature stay for you each year and that you are able to enjoy all the wonderful sites and shops conveniently located in Crown Center. Sheraton Crown Center values your loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back next year for another successful stay.
Kerrville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was here on business recently and was very impressed with the hotel. Mostly the location is absolutely superb and is in easy walking distance to Union Station. I stayed on the 34th floor with a view toward the north and the city skyline was very beautiful. I highly recommend a high floor stay. The bed was very comfortable, the TV a bit small, the pillows not to my liking, but the bathroom was perfect. Apparently I have uncommon taste in pillows as very few hotels ever meet my pillow standards. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel on several occasions and it was very tasty and the wait staff very good. I visited the workout room and the equipment was excellent and offered both machine and free weight exercises. I would easily choose this hotel for my next K City stay.

Room Tip: stay in a high level floor so you can see the beautiful city
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Kerry S- I appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax comfortably in your Sweet Sleeper bed after a long day of business. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center and I am happy the location worked out great for you. Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures of the views from your guest room. We truly value your business and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.