“Sheraton make over !”

Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Omaha, Nebraska
“Sheraton make over !”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I attended a conference there for four nights in March. I enjoyed my stay, minus restaurant-need adjustments - ended up with room service nightly. I enjoyed the complimentary bottles of water. The room was a nice size and clean. The check out line for spg members was awesome!
The only problem was trying to get out as many were loading and leaving at the same time, despite the two staff trying to regulate the flow of the vans, cars and buses the time trying to exit was too long.

Green Features: not a favorite of mine-when I am at a hotel ,I like my linen changed daily and my floor vacuum daily. I like maid service and I don't mind tipping for it!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Lessie D- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the new renovations of the hotel and were able to relax in the comfort of your guest room. We value your loyalty to Starwood Hotels and look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to create another signature experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Finnish first
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Since this hotel has changed hands, the famous revolving restaurant on the top has closed as well as the lovely open , spacious restaurant on the mezzanine. This has left the large hotel with only a small cafe type restaurant . Although the staff and services of the hotel are excellent, the general feeling is of a large empty space. No one sits in the huge lobby which has been re-decorated in a spare, neutral style. it does resemble some sort of space ship. No one would want to gather there,

Room Tip: If you are only going to sleep there, it would be fine ; but if you want to eat there, meet friends...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Mary C- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I sincerely apologize if we were unable to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us due to the closing of the Skies Restaurant. We are very excited to have opened our Club Lounge in the space Skies used to be. Please check this beautiful space out on your next stay. We offer breakfast, afternoon appetizers and Sheraton Select wines. It is our goal to create as welcoming and signature and experience as possible. We hope to have you back in the future to create a more positive experience.
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have stayed here several times in the past for business. The staff is always friendly and my room is always clean with a comfy bed and a nice high view. I also like the "go green" incentive plan, where the hotel gives you a $5 voucher for their snack shop or restaurant/bar if you decline housekeeping. I look forward to my stay there next month.

• Stayed April 2014
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
keEVOLViNGep- Thank you for sharing your warm comments on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am happy to hear what a great stay you had with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, making sure you had everything you needed for the best stay possible. We take great pride in being a Green hotel and it is great you took advantage of our Make a Green Choice program we offer to our guests! We truly value your business and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guest next month!
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I attended a conference May 13-15: the staff did a great job of handling 400+ bankers! They were always accessible, from check-in to keeping the buffet fresh to replacing my room key when I locked it in the room. : ( Food was excellent, too.

The room was very comfortable, as was the bed. The view from my room was beautiful-- I really enjoyed my stay.

Green Features: I liked that the hotel offers a $5 voucher to be used in the hotel for each day you decline housekeeping.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Denise K- Thank you very much for sharing your warm comments on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am thrilled to hear what outstanding service our team was able to create for you and your conference! It is our goal to provide quick and efficient service to ensure your experience is as comfortable and accommodating as possible. We truly value your business and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Shelburne, Vermont
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I recently stayed here for a total of five nights while attending a conference that was located in the hotel. My room was nice and all of the staff were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was also very good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
KurtGVT- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a great time you had with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating. It is our goal to create a convenient, relaxing experience and I am happy you received this. We value your business and look forward to having you back as our guest in the future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel was a really pleasant surprise. I was stuck in Kansas City after a flight cancellation and was able to get a room here. The hotel seems like it was recently renovated and is very clean and comfortable. The staff is wonderful and made sure that my stay was great. It was such a welcome surprise after such a horrible experience with the airlines. The room has the new black granite counter in the bathroom and all of the extra bath amenities including a loofa, body wash, and mouthwash. The desk has several power outlets, which is helpful when charging multiple cellphones and a laptop. There are two internet options so you can choose the faster version if you need it. That was helpful for the work I needed to get done. Overall I was impressed and would recommend this property to other travelers.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Zachary C- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and loved the new lobby renovations! it is our goal to create and comfortable and accommodating stay and it means a lot to know our team was able to create this for you. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.
Illinois
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed here in April for a conference and found the hotel a delightful stay. Getting there from the airport was easy, but expensive. But that is the city not the hotel's fault.

The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming when we arrived. They got us checked in and set up for everything quickly and easily. They were professional but seemed to be having having a good time, which is a pleasant break from what sometimes happens at conference hotels.

The room was spacious and clean and did not smell stale. The view of the city was good too. There were plenty of linens and everything was as it should be. The bed was comfy and it was a quieter room than usual considering it was full of volleyball teams.

There is a pleasant bar downstairs and the snack bar-cafe area was well staffed and fully provided. Overall, it was a very good experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Telkontar- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a great time you had during your conference and that our staff was friendly and accommodating. It is our goal as a Sheraton to create a top notch, convenient stay and knowing we were able to create this experience for you means a lot. We truly value your business and we look forward to welcoming you back to create another relaxing, memorable stay.