“Dirty pool area...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
“Dirty pool area...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Second time staying here and second time pool was dirty. The hotel itself was great but pool was bad. Pool was cloudy and pool deck was dirty and smelled of spilled beer! On the upside, the room was great!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Mary Catherine H- I appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I sincerely apologize if your experience was less than perfect due to the servicing of our pool area. It is our goal to create a top notch experience and I understand how disappointing this was. I have addressed this with our housekeeping team to ensure it is serviced immediately. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We truly value your business and I am happy to hear you were able to relax in the comfort of your guest room after a long day. We look forward to welcoming you back to create a 5 star experience in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Finnish first
Nixa, Missouri, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This is the old Hyatt--and the NEW Sheraton!
Seamless checkin experience. Parking immediately adjacent to hotel, with walkways and signage to guide you in and out. Valet if you want it, but I like to stay mobile when I'm in my hometown. Plus, I don't like feeling like I need to tip 5 times a day for a car I can get myself. A breath of fresh air has been breathed into this hotel. It's really quite nice and comfortable. You could tell Hyatt was letting this one go before they ever did, bc it was looking a little used.
It's all good now tho. My upgrade was to a club room--and after driving a spell, that's a welcome thing.

Stayed July 2014
Doctmilton- I appreciate you taking your time to share your warm comments on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a signature experience you had with us and that our staff provided quick and efficient service, ensuring you had everything you needed for a comfortable stay. It means a lot to our team to hear what a great experience you had with us. Your loyalty to Sheraton is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton family in the future to create another memorable stay.
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Nice hotel with friendly helpful staff and within walking distance to LEGOLAND. This hotel is great because you don't have to drive to enjoy crown center area and has covered walkway to get to mall to eat and shop.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Jen B- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown CenterI am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was warm and welcoming. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center and it is great you were able to indulge in all the great family friendly attractions. We value your business and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to create another fun-filled, memorable stay.
Los Alamos, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was my first time staying at this particular KC hotel, and I was most impressed. I'm a platinum member in the SPG chain, so I've stayed at quite a fair number of the Sheraton hotels both in the USA and in Europe. The beds are always comfortable in a Sheraton, which is one of the primary reasons I'm so loyal to the chain!

The check-in was flawless and I was pleased to find out that I'd been upgraded to a very nice suite. One of the most impressive things about the hotel is the view from the top floor - WOW! The rooms are nicely decorated, and the standard amenities more than adequate. All in all, a very pleasant stay; I'll definitely be back when I'm in the area again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
JaniceELane- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great stay you had with us and that our staff was able to provide quick and efficient service to ensure you experience is as comfortable and accommodating as possible. Your loyalty to Starwood is very important to our team and it means a lot you were found our Club Lounge Level top notch and were able to relax in the comfort of your guest room after a long day. WE value your business and look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton family in the future.
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

this place is very good. the location is great. near some great shopping and eateries. they took good care of me even though I was solo. they are a little pricey, but are very good. room was nice. easy drive to some good eating places. and right in Crown center. due to the parking issues there, I did like that I could be on a bus route, to go to the Country Club plaza area. I could also drive there, if I wished to pay some high prices for a parking garage on the Country club plaza. real easy drive to the West port area. and the K C Power and light district.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Bill G- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of all the fun sites and dining in Crown Center! It is our goal to create as comfortable and accommodating a stay as possible. It means a lot our team was able to create a positive experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Baltimore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was the second time that I stayed at this hotel and this stay was very pleasant. The entire staff was incredibly helpful and the location is great. The crown center, 1 blocks away, has some great shops and eateries and even a few family activities. The hotel is clean. The restaurant on the 2nd floor has great food and drinks. It was truly a great stay this time.

Room Tip: End of the hallway rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
MJR3Baltimore- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great experience you had with us this year and that our staff was friendly and accommodating ensuring you had everything you needed for a comfortable stay. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center and I am happy you were able to take advantage of all the area has to offer at your convenience. We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this high rise connected to Crown Center for a conference. It is beautiful, offers a stellar view and a full range of luxury accommodations, and features a friendly and accessible staff that delivers 5 star customer service.

The rooms were large and well decorated in modern decor. From our very high floor we had an amazing view after the long elevator ride (a bit unsettling to be able to see daylight through the corners of a non-glass elevator though). The room was generally quite clean, although we had a stain on one of the white comforters. Our room was very quiet despite being right by the elevators. We did have Starbucks coffee in the room, which was nice. We opted to go green (skip housekeeping services by hanging up a special door hanger by 2AM) and enjoyed $5 to the snack bar downstairs, where we could buy milk for our toddler and store excess in the fridge in the room.

We were able to walk to Crown Center and area attractions through a glass tunnel, which allowed us some other dining options. This was necessary to supplement catering during our conference. We had 2 meals and both were grilled chicken breasts with different seasoning and a couple asparagus spears (literally 2-3), a not very memorable starch, and a tasty dessert. The food tasted good and was prepared well, but not much variety and just very standard catered food. Many men in the group walked to Crown Center to get more food right afterwards. The conference planner may have selected the food, so the essential repeat may not have been the hotel's fault.

Overall a good conference experience, especially for such a large hotel, and no long waits for elevators like I've had at other large conference hotels. I hope to attend other conferences there in the future.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cindy447- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am happy to hear our staff went above and beyond to provide signature service during your stay. It is our goal to ensure our guests have everything they need for a comfortable and relaxing stay. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center, and how great you were able to indulge in all the area has to offer at your convenience. I appreciate you sharing your feedback on the quality of food you received during your banquet. I have shared your comments with the appropriate teams to ensure we are providing the freshest, highest quality meals to our guests. We value your business and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.