“Comfortable Room”

Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
Ranked #8 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, comfortable bed and nice work out facilities. Staff were friendly. Special shout out to Kenneth at the front desk. Very pleasant, helpful. Also liked free shuttle in 3 mile radius. Only complaint is the restaurant is expensive and bad service. The snack bar for breakfast is good but overpriced and understaffed. Seems a little long to have to wait 20-30 minutes in line. The staff are pleasant and one feels sorry for them because there should be more than 2 people in the morning and they are hard working people who are pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Lisa B- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to relax comfortably in our Sweet Sleeper beds. It is our goal to make our guests experience top notch. I am happy to hear your team made you feel warm and welcome. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I got stuck at this "sister property" of Westin after Westin overbooked their rooms. I ended up in one of their left over double bed rooms which contained miniature versions of regular sized beds. I also had the pleasure of being right behind the elevators. The sweet cacophony of varying elevator sounds put me right to sleep, as I'm sure you can imagine. I brought all of this to the attention of the front desk staff and was told that they didn't have anything else. At least the Westin front desk staff was pleasant about not helping me. I won't be back.

2  Thank AyanaMap
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

dantelost- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I sincerely apologize if our team was unable to meet your expectations during your stay. I truly understand the frustrations you experienced when checking in to The Westin and unexpectedly staying with us at Sheraton. It is our goal to create as comfortable and accommodating a stay as possible and this experience you had with us is not at all what staying a a Sheraton should feel like. Your business is very important to our team and we would love the opportunity to have you back to create a relax and signature experience. Please reach out to our Front Office Manager, Maurizio Orlando to further discuss your stay. maurizio.orlando@sheraton.com

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was at the hotel for a conference and agree with a previous reviewer that basic WiFi was included, but one had to pay for premium. The entrance to the hotel is impressive and the whole reception area is warm and welcoming. The rooms are a good size and, being on the 28th floor, I had a great view of the city. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets were excellent - ironed (!) cotton sheets and great pillows. My only criticism is that there were always lines for reception and the one coffee shop in the mornings and at all break times during the conference. Extra staff should have been on duty during these periods. All the staff were considerate and helpful. The free shuttle to various areas was very welcome as there is not a lot of choice of restaurants around. The restaurant in the hotel, for lunch, was very good. Panera is round the corner but, again, extremely busy during a conference lunchtime.

Room Tip: I like higher floors, so that is what I would recommend - one with a view of the city
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Carol0104- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us and felt warm and welcome from the moment you arrived. It is our goal to create as comfortable a stay as possible. I sincerely apologize for the frustrations with the long lines for coffee during your breaks. I have addressed this with our team to ensure we are fully staffed to avoid this in the future. We value your business and appreciate your comments. We look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was able to stay for one night only. I thought my view from the 23rd floor, over looking crown center was amazing!
The bed was cushy, the room, roomy. The amenities were on par.
My only complaint, was my room being by the elevator. I could hear the doors and the people getting on and off.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

HeatherLMagee- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to relax and soak in the beautiful view from your guest room. We strive to create as comfortable and accommodating a stay as possible and it means a lot we were able to create this for you. We look forward to serving you as our guest in the future. Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Have stayed in many hotels before and did not bother to write a review because all were very pleasant and great stay.

The room is spacious and housekeeping is good, but the management/customer service has been very poor from the start.

Reached the hotel to find no universal charger in the room (coming from London). Having stayed at many hotels across globe, almost all big chains have universal chargers at their hotels. Here, even the staff on phone that day was very unfriendly and even asked me to take a cab to find the Walmart and get a charger (after 9 PM, reaching hotel after a 12 hour trip). After speaking with a supervisor they gave me a temporary usb cable, which was helpful for that night.

Since yesterday no/very slow internet in the room. Complained several times to housekeeping, manager at the lobby, IT tech support of Sheraton, and still not sorted out (writing from the hotel lobby now). Unable to reach my loved ones on Skype due to no internet. Several broken promises.

To add fuel to the fire, due to the sliding design of the chair at the internet kiosk in the lobby last evening, my Nexus 5 fell down and the screen cracked. My fault as well though, should have been more careful.

Was told that there are no charges for local calls (part of the room rent), but was charged in the bill. After complaining the manager reversed it.

When I I got a final bill this morning, the personnel at the lobby told me in the morning that my stay is until 8th August and to disregard it. Came in the afternoon after a day out to find no access to internet in the lobby. Had to go and explain everything to the manager at the desk, who said he could not find my credit card on my account (again was told that it is a billing issue pertaining to my employer).

Also, only few of the kiosks for internet working. Complained about it yesterday and still the same.

It is really frightening that I have to stay here another 2 weeks (booked by my employer for a training). Never again Sheraton or Starwood!

They just escalate the complaint and give false promises, nothing else.

Room Tip: A room in the topmost floors for good view of the city
2  Thank iramkk

iramkk- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I sincerely apologize if our team failed to meet your expectations during your stay. I truly understand your frustrations regarding the internet connectivity and lack of follow up provided by our team. Your business is very important to our team. We would like to further discuss your stay. At your convenience please reach out to our Front Office Manager, Maurizio Orlando so we can further discuss your stay. maurizio.orlando@sheraton.com Thank you again for sharing your comments and wehope to create a more signature experience on your upcoming stay.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I am currently staying at the Sheraton KC @ Crown Center for a conference. Check in was a smooth process & the front desk staff was extremely friendly. I had a discounted rate for my room because I was with the conference group and basic wifi was included (you must pay for premium wifi). From my room the view wasn't great (21st floor facing the Hallmark building). I would have preferred a view facing downtown. The conference space was nice & spacious and easy to navigate.

The room itself was basic but comfortable. The shower was a bit confusing (you have to pull the knob toward you pretty hard). I had to call the front desk to figure out how to operate the shower. Also, my floor towel in the bathroom had a big yellow stain on it (disgusting) but the rest of the room was very clean. I also wasn't very thrilled with the location. It's close enough to take a cab or uber to things but the attractions within walking distance were not great. I found myself using uber to head to The Plaza, Westport & Power/Lights district. I went to check out the "shops" at Crown Center which was a huge disappointment.

Overall, for a conference hotel it was good but I would not stay here if I was visiting KC for a vacation.

Pros:
*Comfortable Beds
*Easily accessible conference location
*Friendly staff
*Spacious room

*Cons:
*Location
*Amenities

Room Tip: I would choose a room that faces downtown on a higher floor.
1  Thank Surina A

saamin- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am happy to hear our staff was warm and welcoming from the moment you arrived, providing quick and efficient service to ensure your experience is top notch. We take great pride in our Sweet Sleeper beds and the amenities provided for our guests and it is great you were able to indulge in all that was provided to you. We value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Here's the good and bad.

PROS:
The rooms are very nice, I especially like the large bathrooms.
The onsite restaurant is decent.
The property is very clean.
Nice views!

CONS:
extra charge for WIFI ?!?! A hotel of this size and caliber should include this with the nightly fee. I totally understand paying for parking though.

The location is great if you want to be around Crown Center, but not the best for much of anything else. I don't believe there is much else within walking distance.

The property is very large and feels sterile, not much character here.

The parking situation is kind of funky, the main hotel drive gets congested quickly which is awkward when you are trying to pull into the hotel.

My room service breakfast (served at 6:30 am) was still by my front door when I got home from dinner at almost 9:00 PM. Really?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

jaelyte- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am happy to hear you were able to to relax in the comfort of your guest room and enjoy the beautiful view of the city. It is our goal to create as welcoming and accommodating an experience as possible. I sincerely apologize if our team was unable to meet your expectations during your stay. I understand your frustrations regarding the room service tray still left outside of your door. This is unacceptable and I have addressed this with the appropriate team to ensure this does not occur in the future. We value your business and hope to welcome you back to create a 5 star experience.