“Very nice stay”

Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed at this property over the weekend. Couldn’t be easier to find, couldn’t be easier to park and couldn’t be in a more convenient location. Lobby was large, which is always helpful in avoiding overcrowding. Was very impressed overall. Didn’t interact much with the staff, but those we did were very nice. The room (king bed on the 12th floor) was quite large. The sink area and shower/toilet were separated by a door within the bathroom, which was convenient. The bathroom was very well lit. There was no ventilation however. As with previous posters, I found the HVAC unit less than efficient but it was basically effective. Had to turn it down to 65 in order for the room to be comfortable at night. Lighting within the room wasn’t fantastic, but was sufficient.

The room was clean and the bed was quite comfortable. The shower had good pressure. The HVAC wasn’t too noisy and there was no noise from below. Wouldn’t expect any on the 12th floor anyway.

As with all hotels this size, there was the occasional back-up for the elevator when going up to the room. Never waited too long to go to the lobby though.

As I got this hotel on Priceline, I couldn’t quibble with the price. If I were to go to KC again, I would certainly consider this property.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Gramps25- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to relax in the comfort of your guest room after a long day. It is our goal to create as comfortable and accommodating a stay as possible and it means a lot our team was able to create this for you. We truly value your business and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,706)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here alone for an event held at the Convention Center downtown. Lobby is very large with high ceilings, bright, & inviting with ample seating space on comfy couches & chairs. My favorite thing about the lobby area is the elevated walkway 1 floor above ground level, with great natural lighting by the window and very large desks/chairs with plugs for your laptop on the table. Check-in was quick and easy. Room I stayed in had a very high floor with a great view of downtown. It was also very generously sized. Bathroom was spotless. Bed was one of the comfiest I've ever slept in and there was no street noise from the 24th floor. I would imagine most rooms are quiet anyway because the hotel isn't on a busy street. I was able to get free in-room wi-fi because I'm a Starwood Preferred Guest (I believe this itself is free so sign up in advance or ask upon check-in!!), otherwise you'd have to pay for in-room wifi. Lobby wifi is complimentary.
Other amenities: The gym is a bit small considering how massive this hotel (40 storeys!) is, but it provides. Same is to be said about the pool which is on an outdoor terrace, it looks like something you'd find in a smaller hotel. There's a bar 1 level upstairs from the lobby which seemed to be well-frequented by guests in the evening.
There's an elevated walkway linking the hotel to Crown Center where you'll find a food court and some light shopping. You can also catch the MAX bus there for an easy 4-stop ride to the Convention Center downtown, a day pass is just $3. The area felt very safe at night.

If you're looking for a large spacious hotel easily accessible to downtown and you don't mind hopping on a bus for a short ride to get there, consider this hotel. There's not much to do at night immediately surrounding this hotel so you'll get lots of peace & quiet.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor facing downtown for a breathtaking view and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

VTeight7- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was able to provide quick and efficient service to ensure you had everything you needed for a comfortable stay. We are very fortunate to have so many great meeting spaces and it is great the area worked perfectly for your conference. We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back for another top notch stay.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Location can't be beat!! Close to everything and we love the Link! I Love the views on either side! Can't go wrong! Friendly and helpful staff, clean and comfy rooms, great food, can't be beat!! My husband and I love this hotel for fun weekend get aways!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Auntdeb3- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center and it is great you were able to take advantage of all the great sites and shops at your convenience. We value your business and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Traveling with two kids (2 and 6), we had an excellent stay at this Sheraton in the Crown Center.
Valet and check in were a breeze, great location at Crown center near Lego/Halmark attractions. Plenty of great restaurants within walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank WalterReed
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

WalterReed- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of all fun sites and shops in Crown Center. We are very fortunate to be surrounding so many of Kansas City's signature attractions. We truly value your business and look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Our family consisting of myself, wife, and three children stayed here in July of 2012. The hotel was in the process of getting a facelift, but that was not a deterrent for us because we were escaping the Embassy Suites and seeking refuge from a seriously foul set of rooms that we were whisked away to (YUCK!), but that is another review I will do at another time. The Sheraton was well appointed for the activities we had planned during our trip as well. Though there was some heavy construction going on at the Sheraton, it was by far more sanitary and luxurious, and a tremendous value by comparison. The service was A+++. I have tried to stay there since, yet they are always booked up. I know it is my own fault due to poor planning.

Room Tip: The rooms at each end of hallways can be joined together to make a very large and luxurious suite fo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

PWS78- Thank you for sharing your feedback with your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that your family was able to indulge in all the great sites and shops in the area. We are very excited to be finished with our hotels renovations and we cannot wait to welcome your family back to see the new improvements. We value your business and it means a lot our team was able to create top notch stay. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was there for a church convention. Room was nice and spacious. Was there on 4th of July, and could see fireworks from all angles. Never seen so many firework displays all at once, some near, some far away. Awesome sight! Close to the Crown Center, friendly helpful staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank fdftx1
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

fdftx1- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great stay you had during your convention and were able to enjoy the awesome fireworks displays in KC from your guest room! It is our goal to create as welcoming and comfortable a stay as possible and I am very happy our team was able to create this for you. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We went on a spur of the moment trip to Kansas City over the weekend and stayed at the Sheraton Crown Center, on the Club Floor. The high points of the hotel were its staff. Everyone was friendly, professional, and out-of-their-way helpful, from the front desk to the valet parking. The room was large, well appointed and clean. Nothing special about the furnishings, but we had a nice view from the 38th floor facing the City center. I had an acceptable meal in the restaurant, with the pork belly appetizer an unexpected standout. The short ribs were average. The one notable shortcoming was the Club lounge, where the food (appetizers and breakfast) were pretty mundane on both days.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a downtown facing view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank qualjohn
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

qualjohn- I appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your spur of the moment trip to Kansas City and that our staff was friendly and accommodating. It is our goal to create a relaxing and comfortable stay and it is great you were able to relax in the comfort of your guest room after a long day. We value your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future.