I used Priceline to get a hotel in KC either downtown or Crown Center area. The Hyatt came up, so I read some reviews and got nervous, as some people reported poor experiences. However, I was pleasantly surprised. There was no construction going on that I noticed, and all areas I visited were very clean and up-to-date. I was offered a choice of floors, and I picked the highest one to get a good view (and hopefully be quieter).
The room was comfortable and spacious. The king-sized bed had lots of pillows and throws and mattress was fine. Furniture was also comfortable and I didn't feel crowded. I will note that the TV was small and the channel selection limited (no Comedy Central!). The bathroom looked remodeled with everything you'd need including toothpaste(!). I didn't like the scent of the soap or shampoo, but that's personal preference
I used the fitness room several times - hard to find, and I wandered around trying to follow the signs. Eventually I saw a special elevator across from the hotel bar/grill. Go up, then up some stairs, then a long dark hallway before the gym and pool appear. The equipment was fairly complete and the cardio machines had individual TVs and earphones.
Lobby was open, airy, and had plenty of seating - likewise the upper level (mezzanine). You can pick up free wireless there, but have to pay if you want to use it in the rooms. I ate at the bar/grill one night late - in the room it said happy hour was 10-midnight so I went at 10 and asked what the specials were. The waitress looked blank and said there weren't any drink or food specials. So either the advertising is wrong or the waitress was clueless. Fortunately the food and drinks weren't too expensive.
I self-parked in the hotel garage which was expensive but convenient. The hotel location is great if you want to hang around the Crown Center or Union Station. It's long walk or cab/bus ride to downtown or the Power and Light District.
Except for the very minor quibbles, an excellent hotel and great experience. I have no trouble giving it the highest recommendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center is located downtown near the Kauffman Performing Arts Center and other attractions. Our hotel has 5 on-site dining options and high speed internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kansas City Hotel At Crown Kansas City
- Hyatt Regency Kansas City
- Hyatt Kansas City