We stayed at this hotel for the memorial day weekend. They offered a family getaway package which was about $40.00 or so more than the normal rooms per night. This was supposed to give us a free full breakfast, and in-room snacks for the kids. Well, come to find out the kids ate free breakfast anyways on the weekend, and it wasn't exactly a full breakfast, only the buffet. This would have cost around $28 if we paid for this separately. I would have expected the full breakfast to mean that I would be able to order off the breakfast menu, not be forced to resort to the buffet which did not have everything the breakfast menu would have provided. The snacks for the kids was one bag of popcorn, which was given to me upon check-in. The family package was just not worth it.
My next major complaint is the parking. In the hotel information booklet, it states that the parking is controlled by Crown Center, and the hotel does not have any say in the charges. Well, Crown Center parking is free on weekends. I could have parked less than a block away for free. Had I known this before parking in the Hyatt garage, I would have done that instead of the $14.50 per night to park.
A final and minor complaint I had was about the door locks. After putting in the key card, it always took several attempts to get the door to open. Once, we had to call the front desk from the hallway and they advised us to pull the handle up instead of down. This worked sometimes, but not always. There is nothing worse than sitting outside of your room hoping you didn't get locked out for some reason.
Overall the experience was average. Our family loved the pool, it offered a wonderful view. We all enjoyed the lobby, and staff was very friendly. If we were in an elevator with a staff member, they would always talk to the kids and were super nice. The waiters were efficient and polite. The room service was top notch. My daughter ordered the room service herself, and they were very polite to her and made her feel important. They brought it in and engaged in conversations with her as well. We loved being close to Crown Center and Union Station. The overhead walkways were a plus.
We may come back again, but only after parking somewhere else, and booking at the cheapest rate available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center is located downtown near the Kauffman Performing Arts Center and other attractions. Our hotel has 5 on-site dining options and high speed internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kansas City Hotel At Crown Kansas City
- Hyatt Regency Kansas City
- Hyatt Kansas City