For an older conference hotel, the Hyatt is not too bad. The rooms look like they have been recently renovated. The beds, linens and towels are fine. The bathroom was large. I didn't hear any room to room noise.
But there are several small problems that keep this from being a first class hotel. First there is the musty odor in the lobby. Then the key cards that don't work on the first, second, third try. I overheard someone else in the elevator saying she had to try her keycard several times before the light turned green and she was able to open her room door. The safe in my room did not work. The electrical sockets in the bathroom were old and the hairdryer plug kept falling out of the socket. It's not easy to hold the dryer with one hand and hold the plug in with the other! Also, the TV is not a flatscreen, which is no big deal just odd. All the hotels I stay in now have flat screens.
Also of note, there is nothing in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. No restaurants, no shops, no where to grab a coffee. The downtown area is about a 10 block walk, which is walkable, but not convenient for a quick cup of coffee or a sandwich.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center is located downtown near the Kauffman Performing Arts Center and other attractions. Our hotel has 5 on-site dining options and high speed internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kansas City Hotel At Crown Kansas City
- Hyatt Regency Kansas City
- Hyatt Kansas City