“Pool was broken ... My daughter was very upset .. But they saved the day”

Kansas City Airport Marriott
Ranked #52 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Pool was broken ... My daughter was very upset .. But they saved the day”
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

My daughter was devastated to find out the pool was closed when we asked at 7 at night... So we called the front desk and asked what time it usealy closes... They said it was broken, until morning but that the would have a car service pick us up and take us to another Marriott hotel (residents inn) it was great... Still the tv channels are lacking ... But beds comfy n clean ...

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I spend at least 75 nights a year in hotels. I'm very loyal to Marriott and I've stayed in properties all over the country. This hotel appears to be at least 30 years old. You can tell that it's gone through a refresh a few years ago (new carpet, new bathroom fixtures, etc.) but it's time to demo this place and start over. The rooms and bathrooms are microscopic to today's standards and even by full service Marriott standards, the shower was tiny and I'm on 5'6". I can't imagine someone 6' tall hunched over trying to take a shower. The pillow cases were very thin and needed to be replaced. The bedding was very old as well. The only good thing about the room is that it was close to the airport and they have a shuttle service. My advice, find a newer property slightly further from the airport. I will never, ever stay at this place again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Andrew H

Travellers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Chicago, IL, USA
Reviewed 9 July 2013

When I was considering going on my trip (as a participant on a church group trip), I wasn't expecting much from my stay at the Marriott. Boy was I wrong! From every last tiny detail, the staff at the Marriott was over the top! I was very happy with the customer service and accommodations. The view from our room was beautiful with a view of the reservoir. There is a nice running path that some guests took advantage of. I really like that, because you have the option of exercising outside if you would like. The breakfast buffett was extremely good and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: You should request a room facing the reservoir.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dana Point, California
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We have been coming here for the past five years to enjoy our family reunion in Smithville. This is the home base for six of our family. We book 3-5 rooms and always know the staff will be ready to make our stay wonderful. Love this place and the staff. Very nice rooms and food is always great. Another nice part of this property is we see the same faces each year.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

Was traveling for business in the KC area and I booked this Marriott due to its proximity to the airport. Staff is very friendly Room is nothing out of the ordinary but is very quiet, clean and comfortable. Ate two fish dinners here. The Swordfish and Salmon were surprisingly good for a hotel meal. There is a nice walking trail nearby for outdoor excersize. Bed was comfortable also. All in all a pleasant first time experience.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Stayed here last year (sorry for the late response),

I had to work at Leavenworth and this was a convenient location (about 25 minutes drive) because I wanted to stay in a reasonable hotel. The restaurant is very good besides eating in the hotel provides transport to the nearby outlet center where you have a plethora of restaurants.

Probably end of the year I have to go again to KC and will stay there again. The service provided was excellent and the staff was very friendly. The small convenient 'shop' on the premises was also handy !

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dallas
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This is probably the most convenient hotel to the airport – which of course comes with a price. The hotel is surrounded by fields and there are no nearby restaurants, attractions, or convenience stores. The onsite restaurants were adequate and sported the typical overpriced hotel menu. The rooms were clean, quiet, and comfortable, but no frills. A bit disappointed by the Concierge Lounge, which couldn’t have been any larger than two regular hotel rooms.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business