“Nice relaxing night”

Kansas City Airport Marriott
Ranked #59 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed here before a very early morning flight. Very nice, clean room. Hotel is located right next to the airport, however, we never heard a plane once. We were upgraded to a lovely corner room on the 7th floor. Lovely view of the lake and airport. We may have been upgraded due to our Marriott reward status. We didn't eat here but there is a nice Ruby Tuesday's only 2 miles away at exit 10. Staff are great and couldn't be nicer. Only $30 to park our car here for 10 days. Much cheaper than long term parking at the airport After paying $ 80 for a room being charged $10 for internet is ridiculous. Walls are thin at this hotel but it never really bothered us. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 December 2013

If you have an early flight out of MCI, this is the most convenient hotel in the area. Their shuttle starts at 4:20 am and runs every 20 minutes. Staff is great and could not be nicer. Food in the hotel pub is pretty good as well. Rooms are showing their age but it is clean.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I am not an extensive traveler, but over the last six months I have visited a few dozen midwestern cities due to business. All told, the experience has been exhausting and I am glad to be home for an extended period. During my travels, I met many possible future associates and far more of that service army trained for hospitality--hotels, restaurants and cabs. I began in such a setting, at a Holiday Inn many years ago. Most of those who I met were very nice and helped me frequently with things like directions. I few stand out. In Kansas City, I stayed at a Marriott near the airport. Some function that weekend must have raised a lot of travelers to the city, and the Marriott was housing quite a few. The noise in the hallway that night was annoying. I called the front desk, knowing the difficulty they must be having everywhere and not expecting a quick response. To my surprise, the overnight staff took care of the problem in less than 15 minutes. I had to leave early the next morning and failed to thank them. Let me thank them now for some peace and quiet.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Hubby and I had a very, very early morning flight. So we opted to stay at the Marriott that was located next to the airport. The front desk staff were very sharp and greeted us in a friendly, professional matter. We were given a lovely room on the 9th floor. It was clean and in good repair. We took advantage of the shuttle service that night, and hubby dropped off our vehicle into long-term parking and took the shuttle back. There was also an option to purchase a parking pass and leave the vehicle at the hotel. This is a great location to stay if you are flying out of the Kansas City airport.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed here one night. Staff very friendly and the hotel is very close to the airport (a good and bad thing for you can hear the planes at all hours!). There is a shuttle bus as well. I dined in the room for dinner and breakfast. As a vegetarian in Kansas City there really wasn't much for me to eat on the room service menu (no pasta, etc). Everything had meat, even the salad (a "steak salad!")! I ordered breakfast via the hang tag and the staff were kind enough to include soy milk for me even though it wasn't on the menu, so room service was very attentive! Pet peeve was that internet was not included in price. When even $40 a night motels offer free internet, to charge $10 to access the web in a business hotel is very poor service and reeks of gouging the customer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the water/airport side.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ladye L
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The location of this property is great if you're flying into or out of KCI. The lobby is lovely, up-to-date and very clean. The restaurant is good. However, the rooms leave a bit to be desired. They were clean but not well appointed. On the concierge level we had to ask for soap, glasses and towels. In another room, we had to ask for toilet paper. Clearly the housekeeping staff needs improvement. The staff was nice and happy to help. They responded quickly so those are positives.

The rates are on par with other rates around the airport. They have a senior rate and other discounts available you just have to ask. They do not accept pets, which is a big detractor if you ask me.

There are lots of chains right around the airport so be sure to shop around. But Marriott is the only one on the airport grounds. I don't think that proximate location outweighs the detractions.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank eh4643
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

The room as nice and the bed was comfortable and clean. I think the hotel has be renovated recently. The food was pretty bad in the restaurant and the service was really slow and made several mistakes to my order. I would stay again for the convenience for early morning flights. However I would order delivery for meals.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business