Kansas City Airport Marriott
US$163
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$90
ComfortInn
US$112
US$94
ComfortInn
US$165
US$150
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$147
US$267
US$204
US$132
All reviewsconcierge loungelong term parkingkansas city airportearly flighton site restaurantrestaurant staffcalled the front deskbreakfast buffetup to datethe shuttle driverbusiness tripfree shuttlefitness centerkciconvenience
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This isn't your top of the line Marriott. It is dated. Probably built in the early 1990s based on the décor and design. For an overnight stay or if you need to be close to the airport, it is well situated. The shuttle service is excellent. For longer term stay, get used to the sound of airplanes. The staff was very helpful (especially CJ at the front desk). The bar needs a make over but the drink selection and atmosphere were very good. A bit expensive but that is to be expected at an airport hotel. The rooms were comfortable but dated. The breakfast in the concierge level was excellent as well as the staff person. I give the hotel a very good rating mainly because of the hotel staff. As for the hotel itself - average.

Room Tip: Inside room to block airplane noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Bob H, Executive Admin. Assist. to the General Manager at Kansas City Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

NDPatriot,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience with us at the Kansas City Airport Marriott. Hearing from our guests is such a valuable tool for us and really helps us focus in on what we need to work.
Thank you for your kind words and I will definitely let CJ know you mentioned him. He is one of our newest Hosts, but he is doing a great job and we are so happy to have him on our team.
As for our 'dated' decor---well, you are absolutely right and I am so sorry it is not up to the expected standards. However, we are thrilled to be able to say we are finalizing plans for several large projects to update the hotel and bring the Kansas City Airport far above 'average.' We will be completely redoing our lobby, restaurant, lounge and Front Desk in 2015 so it all becomes an open, inviting and functional Great Room that will take your breath away! But this is just one of many projects were are planning so I hope you will keep coming back to stay with us so you can see all the changes we're making.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a Friday night on a special $99 rate. I called after dropping off my rental car and they came and picked me up w their shuttle. Shuttle to the airport was quick and every 20 minutes and included in the price. I agree that wifi should be free but if you're an elite rewards member it's included. Room was fine and get on the executive level on the 9th floor. Staff was pleasant and helpful.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bret M
Bob H, Exec Admin Asst to GM at Kansas City Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Bret,
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We are delighted your stay with the Kansas City Airport Marriott was enjoyable.
Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience with us so we may use your feedback to improve and strengthen our service standards in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

It was a year ago I stayed at this Marriott. It is nice to be able to depend on a property such as the KC Airport Marriott. The staff ( special thanks to Mallory ) were exceptional, the bar and restaurant did not disappoint. This property is one of my favorites for it is a place that welcomes you with a sincere attitude. Oh and room 402 ( once again ) was very has a great view. Ask for it if you can.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Bob H, Exec. Admin. Assist. to the GM at Kansas City Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear reno76,
Thank you for such a wonderful review! We truly appreciate it and are so glad your experience was positive.
Mallory says, "Thank you" too and we can't wait for you to come back and visit again!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

My parents and my husband and I plan an escape weekend once in a while. We really don't plan shopping or theatre or a movie or anything else. We just go here for total relaxation. We enjoy the drinks at the bar. Hot tub, a game in the room. Then the breakfast buffet. It's a get away from our rigorous daily schedules. The rooms are always up to date and clean.

Room Tip: Call in advance and ask for the best deal
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

$200 per night. Over priced for old and dated rooms. No free in room wifi, room not clean, air vent not clean, sink slow to drain. Bathroom walls dirty.

Parking lot is being re-paved and is a mess.

Given the price this is a bad value. Can stay at the Hilton for half the price a mile away.

Will not be staying here in the future.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Bob H, Executive Assistant to General Manager at Kansas City Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you or taking the time to review the Kansas City Airport Marriott. I am very sorry you were so unhappy with your experience here, and I would invite you to contact me directly at the hotel so we could discuss it further.
We are in the process of many exciting projects and I would love to be able to talk to you about them and see if I can win you back. We definitely do not want your lasting image of the Kansas City Airport Marriott to remain such a negative one.
Please call the hotel at 816 464 2200 and ask for Bob, the GM's Assistant.
Thank you, and again, I am very sorry your experience was such an unhappy one.