Holiday Inn Country Club Plaza
US$186
  • Restaurant
US$185
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$123
US$196
US$181
  • Restaurant
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$114
US$244
The Fontaine(Kansas City)
US$201
US$185
  • Pool
All reviewscountry club plazafront deskunderground parkinggreat bartenderfree shuttlewithin walking distanceshuttle servicehotel baroutdoor poolmile radiusart museumbreakfast buffet ishotel shuttlegreat customer servicehousekeeping staffconvention centerunion station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We stayed here for three nights thinking we got a great deal given the good location and free parking, but we never imagined we would have such a horrible experience. First of all, the rooms were old and did not include a refrigerator and/or microwave. We called to request a refrigerator and/or microwave and we were told we would be placed on a list and that we would receive a call once they were available. We never received a call, even after the hotel cleared out. In addition, there were people hanging out in the hallway, yelling from one side of the hallway to the other and slamming doors throughout the middle of night: midnight to about 4:00am. I called Guest Services, more than once, to report the issue and was repeatedly told they would send security, which did not resolve the issue. Then when I brought this up to management upon check out, they blamed it on all of the college students in the area. Very Disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Jim J, Manager at Holiday Inn Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Barbara,
Let me first apologize for the issue of people making noise near your room. Our staff responded to your calls but upon arrival the offenders were gone. Our staff patrolled the area for a period of time and heard no noise on the floor. If we had more specific information regarding which room(s) these individuals were in we could have done more. It is disappointing that a couple of rowdy individuals can ruin the stay of other guests.

In regards to the microwave and refrigerator, we do have a number of them available on a first come first served basis. I understand that in limited service hotels these can be a standard feature in rooms, but as a full service hotel with a restaurant and lunge we do not advertise these as a standard room amenity. I do apologize for any confusion there may have been about these.

Our property does offer a great location and great value for guests coming to Kansas City and to the Country Club Plaza. While incidents like this can happen they are rare and we work diligently to ensure our guests comfort.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed three nights for business; the hallways/rooms are on a split level floor, so you end up carrying your luggage up 5 steps...even if you take the elevator up to your floor...(very strange). Hallways are dark and you have a distance to walk if you need the elevator/ice/ etc...if your room is located at the opposite end of these locations. Otherwise staff were friendly...free breakfast was great.

Room Tip: If you stay; request the rooms close to the elevator and tell them you do not want to go up the steps...if you have kids; lots of luggage...otherwise just be prepared to walk up 5 steps each time.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Jim J, Manager at Holiday Inn Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

SPARC98,
We do have one corridor that requires guests to go up 5 steps if their room is past that point. This affects a very small number of rooms and I'm sorry that this was inconvenient for you during your stay. If you return just ask our friendly front desk staff for a room that avoids that hallway.

I do appreciate you noting our friendly staff. We strive for this recognition and appreciate the kind words.

I hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to KC.

Best regards,
Asst Director of Sales

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Absolutely fantastic location - can walk to the Plaza for shops and restaurants as well as the Nelson-Atkins and Kemper museums. Free parking is a huge plus as no other hotel in the area offers it. We did not find the size of the spaces to be an issue as there were tons of vacant ones, as well as outdoor parking.

Rooms was standard Holiday Inn calibar. Clean and modern enough. Biggest downside was the lack of adequate lighting in the room. An additional light fixture on the ceiling would have been very useful.

I would definitely stay again when returning to Kansas City.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Jim J, Manager at Holiday Inn Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

JKNY329_10
Thank you for taking time to review our property. It is especially gratifying hearing from an experienced traveler. Our location and free parking and clean modern rooms make us an ideal choice for anyone coming to visit Kansas City and especially the Country Club Plaza.
We look forward to serving you again the next time you visit Kansas City

At your service,

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I stayed overnight for business. I was told at checkout that their systems were down and they would gladly email me a receipt when they came back up. When I called for a receipt the following day, I was told that my company was billed directly. Over two weeks later, my personal credit card was billed. Now a month's gone by and I noticed the charge and I called to request a copy of my bill and was told that one would be emailed to me. It was and it was blank. When I called for a third time to again request a copy of the bill, I'm again told that it was billed to my company directly, despite the charge clearly showing up on my credit card. So now I have to dispute the charge with my credit card company. This is for a one night's stay. Completely not worth it for the trouble alone and dealing with what is likely an erroneous or duplicate charge show up over 2 weeks later on my credit card.

On the plus side, it's a clean room, nice location and the salad I ordered through room service was very good. Check your bill!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

khot,
Please accept my apology for the difficulty you had with your billing. We had some difficulty with our computer system, but it should not have caused an error like this. If this has not already been resolved then please contact me immediately and I will make sure we have this corrected to your satisfaction!
Thank you for you kind words about the location, cleanliness of the hotel, and quality of room service. Your satisfaction is our number one goal!

Assisstant Director of Sales

Reviewed 15 April 2013

This is an older Holiday Inn and it is a very confusing labrynth of long hallways and few elevators. Because the main hotel connects to what appears to be an older building with only 2 floors, there is no real good way to get to those rooms on the 2nd floor - including a set of steps that a luggage rolling cart could not get past. Older, dark hallways don't make for an inviting stay.

As well, our Housekeeping did not come to our room until after 4:00 each day. Basically we were already back in our rooms for the afternoon when they arrived so we just asked for some fresh towels rather than leaving while they cleaned our room/ made our beds.

Just overall very average - although there is free wi-fi and is close to the Club Plaza shopping/dining district.

Room Tip: Do not choose 2nd floor - or at least ask to not be in the connected building.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

west2926,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry that we did not do a better job in directing you to your room location to allow you the most convenient access. Your feedback allows me to focus our staff to improve service for all of our guests.