“Fun times”

Ranked #10 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Ames, Iowa
“Fun times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2011

Enjoyed the Westin in Kansas City for the Big 12 tournament. Great beds, Great Breakfast

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
jcharlton, Jeff Charlton, Director at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 21 April 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience. We look forward to next year's basketball tournament.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (609)
Brentwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

My trip to Kansas City was made most enjoyable by the experience I had with this wonderful hotel! It was located close to shopping, restaurants, and, events. My room was very spacious and clean. The workout facility was terrific. The staff wonderful! Starbucks coffee in the room! Wish I were there now....will definitely return if I am ever in Kansas City....Wonderful experience!

Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
jcharlton, Jeff Charlton, Director at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 25 March 2011
We appreciate your feedback and have shared with our associates your comments. We look forward to your return.
orlando, florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

decent property if you need to stay near downtown. I am Starwood Platinum and I enjoyed my stay EXCEPT for the fact that this property closed it's SPG lounge! Very dissapointing and frankly I would not have stayed here had I known this before hand. One other note is that if you stay on the property side facing north, except both heavy traffic noise and heavy railroad noise as well. Beds were very soft so my sleep quality suffered. Older propety but updated well and staff was very nice and accomodating. The rooms are not well insulated but I really enjoyed the sliding glass doors to allow fresh aire into the room throughout my stay.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Columbia, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2011

I am a Starwood preferred member and have stayed in many Westin properties around the country. I would consider this property to be more in line with the Sheraton brand. The hotel was dated, the heavenly beds were not as comfortable as usual and the walls were paper thin (you could hear people talking in the hallway). There was an HD tv in the room but no HD channels and the remote barely worked. This hotel has potential, but needs a major update. The Hyatt Regency Crowne Center, right next door is much nicer for the same price.

Pros: View, location, restaurant (Brasserie)
Cons: Thin walls, television, bedding

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
jcharlton, Director at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 21 March 2011
We appreciate your continued loyalty being a Starwood Preferred Guest member, and taking the time to provide us your feedback from your recent stay with us. Our TV's were recently installed with the 37" flatscreens and starting March 28th our guest room entertainment package is being upgrade with HD channels to be completed by April 6th. We look forward to your next visit.
Houston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2011

I have traveled to 35 states and visited many hotels. I generally enjoy visiting Kansas City, and usually stay at the Hyatt. Through Priceline, I secured this hotel. Things went wrong from the beginning.

The hotel admitted it was having issues with "rolling drop-offs" with its Internet service. The hotel's Internet service rendered my computer useless for much of the first day. It was working like a charm while I was at the Kansas City Airport.

One of the hotel's “front office managers” became frustrated when I complained and apparently felt that it was appropriate protocol to hang up in midsentence on a guest. Closely related to this concern was the overall lack of creative problem-solving by this particular manager to reach a temporary fix. That is, could he have offered to set me up in the hotel business center and waive the fee or found a space in an office somewhere in the hotel where I could have finished my work while the issue was being resolved? Those were not offered as solutions. The Internet issue over two days caused me about six hours of missed work.

There were multiple issues with room service, namely 1) the food arrived more than an hour late one night and 2) there were mix-ups over salad dressing and condiments the second night.

3) There also appears to be a general lack of understanding about "who's on first" when complaints needed to be resolved, making each issue even more difficult to resolve and more chaotic.

Overall it was a frustrating and disappointing stay in what purports to be a four-star quality hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank TXRunningTraveler
jcharlton, Jeff Charlton, Director of Rooms at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 21 March 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We genuinely appreciate the information regarding your internet, room service and associate challenges you experienced. I assure you we have addressed the issues internally and hope we have the opportunity to repair our damaged reputation with you in the near future.
Rogers, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2011

We recently stayed at the hotel for a birthday getaway. The hotel itself is very nice and the staff was awesome. The room was very comfy and the bathroom shower was excellent. The problem was they charge for everything many expensive and inexpensive hotels/motels throw in free. Internet hookup is 10.00 for 24 hours. Parking is 15 dollars a day for self and 19 for valet. They charge 5.00 for gym usage and that's the rate for guests. A bottle of water is 4 dollars. I'm not a cheap person,but even I have a limit. The connected mall was cool,but once again prices seem to dampen fun. I would recommend this hotel for those with extra money to spend.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
tabhyde, Front Desk Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 16 March 2011
We are so delighted that the The Westin Crown Center could be part of your special birthday getaway. We look forward to seeing you again.
Olathe, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2011

For the last 8 - 9 years my sister and I always take our grandchildren to stay at The Westin Crown Center around Christmas Time. The kids love it. Even though we have offered somewhere different, they only want the Westin. They feel like they personally know the staff -- The staff are always friendly and act like they remember us from year to year. They are always very helpful and fun to visit with (especially the famous Paul). The only thing lacking is an indoor pool. Who wants to swim on the rooftop in December!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
wwilt, Front Office Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 23 February 2011
Thank you for your great comments and continuing to visit The Westin Crown Center year after year. We hope you will try our swimming pool upon your next return as it is heated year round. The Westin staff, including Tall Paul, looks forward to your next visit with us.