“Great Hotel!”

The Westin Crown Center
Ranked #11 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Stayed one night with our six and nine year old daughters. Great location and very clean. Kids enjoyed the pool although lots of beer drinking going on. We would definitely stay here without the kiddos and enjoy the Power and Lights District. Got our room on hotwire for way cheap!!!

• Stayed July 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We've been staying at the Westin Crown Center for at least 13 years and we always have a great time. Location is excellent, plenty to do within walking distance, and the staff is always helpful and they remember us from visit to visit. The rooms are very comfortable, and the views are great to the north of downtown Kansas City! I use a power wheelchair and everything about this hotel and the surrounding area is accessible. It all lives up to my high expectations! Don't miss the skywalk that connects you to the Hyatt where you can go to Skies, the revolving restaurant with a panoramic view of Kansas City all the way to the sports complex! The Westin is the premier place to stay downtown! Love it!

Room Tip: Explore the Crown Center shop & restaurants!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 27 June 2011

We stopped through Kansas City on our trip home from our honeymoon and used Hotwire to get this room. What a value! This is a 4-star hotel in downtown Kansas City connected to Crown Center, which is basically a large shopping mall & district within short walk from the main downtown buildings.

The room was excellent, with small balcony and very spacious. The bed was the best part about the room though..we slept like bricks! We didn't want to get up, which was good because checkout wasn't until Noon. There are also large waterfalls in the huge lobby area, which added to the value in this somewhat older property. We'd love to come back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
tabhyde, Front Desk Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 30 June 2011
First off Congratulations on your marriage, what an exciting time in your life!
I was delighted to hear that your stay was renewing and that you were able to sleep like a brick in our Heavenly bed. We look forward to your return visit.
West Plains, Missouri
Reviewed 22 June 2011

My husband and I traveled to KC MO to see Josh Groban at the Sprint Center.
When we arrived I could not believe my eyes. What a beautiful hotel.
The lobby was elegant spacious and very wlecoming
Our room was on the 5th floor and it was a corner room. As the porter opened the
curtains we witnessed a beautiful sight of the WWI Memorial Grounds directly across
from the Hotel. simplybreathtaking!
The room was beautiful warm very clean and the bed was so magnificent! I felt like a princess in a castle !
We strolled around the lobby area and adjoining quaint shops and cafes within the hotel. It was like a different world, there were many cafes to chose from.
The shower/bath was so nice I wanted to take it home. large very clean and lots of hot water.
My husband and I enjoyed our stay very much and plan to travel there once again very soon.
Thank you Westin Resorts for an enjoyable stay !

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pegik
Wilmette, Illinois
Reviewed 21 June 2011

A worker called us to confirm massage appts for 4PM Sunday June 12 and took our credit card #, but the appts were not in the book when we arrived. I was served on June 12 yogurt that had expired June 5. I as given a small latte when I ordered a medium mocha. Other guests on our floor slammed doors and yelled to each other as late as 11:45 when my wife asked them to stop and called the front desk. Guests walked into the pool in their clothes carrying their alcoholic drinks. Bed was too short. Everything costs extra. They slyly say Internet is "for fee", which I thought was "for free" the first few times I read it. This is the first bad review I've had to write, but this place was awful!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank sfestates
wwilt, Front Office Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 30 June 2011
Thank you for your feedback and your recent visit to The Westin Crown Center. I trust that you received my email communication and apology regarding your recent visit. We hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the near future so you can experience what The Westin truly has to offer.
Atlanta GA
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Great location, close to everything and one of the most frendliest hotel i have ever been in. I always like to find one area for improvemnt so that would be valet coul have been a bit more prompt but seriously isn't wasn't a big deal. My room look onto downtown and the hotel connects to a mall and Union Station. But everyone genuinely seemed to enjoy working in the hotel...lots of smiles,good mornings etc.. This is why i am platinum Starwood!!!

Room Tip: Union Station side/ end rooms, much bigger
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank rfamily9
Emporia, Kansas
Reviewed 14 June 2011

You wont be dissapointed with your stay in the heart of Kansas City. Your room will provide a great view of the Kansas City Skyline or the Liberty Memorial Park. The staff is very professional and courteous. The rooms are cozy and clean. The Food is fabulous and the atmosphere in the bar or restaurant are lively and fun. The indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub provide fun for the whole family and you are minutes away from the Power and light district or union station. Id stay here any time Im in KC. It earns its four star rating in my book.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple