The Westin Crown Center
Roslin Hotel(Kansas City)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
2,313 results
All reviewsunion stationcrown centerheavenly bedliberty memorialcovered walkwaythe linkworld war i museumroom servicecorner roomfitness centeroutdoor poolpower and light districtdowntown kcself parkingbusiness tripshower headsprint center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 February 2013

The Westin staff were wonderful. Had a great stay with a great room. Love the shower with the 5-star shower head. Everyone was very helpful and was more than willing to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The restaurant has great dinners. Would more than recommend to anyone if they are going to be staying in this area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Deborah O- Thank you for taking your time to share your warm feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, making sure you had a fantastic stay. We are very excited about the new showers in our guest bathrooms and I am pleased to know you were able to take a relaxing shower with our new rainfall shower heads. We truly value your business and thank you for the comments you shared. The Westin family looks forward to having you back as our guest in the future and hearing what you think of the new lobby which will be complete in March!

Reviewed 2 February 2013

I wanted to thank the Westin staff for a wonderful stay. I received outstanding service from, Sean Duke, Director of Rooms, and other Front Desk staff: Lori Jaegers, Ian Micheals, and Steve Clodfilter. I happened to be walking down the stairs when I saw Mr. Duke and he asked me if I was enjoying my staff. I told him it was perfect, except for one little detail, and he asked what it was. I told him and he said what was your room number, and we'll take care of you Mr. Wells. And he did. Now that's 5-star service.

For families the location of the Westin is ideal. It's right next to the Aquarium and Legoland, and several toy stores in the Crown Center shopping center. And a ice cream shop, perfect for the kids. There's a nice wine shop too just up the stairs from the lobby with a very high quality selection of wine and beer.

I also loved the shower with the 5-star shower head, and bed, as always.

I would highly recommend families traveling to Kansas City to stay at the Westin Crown Center because of the 5-star service and excellent location for many family activities. Be sure to ask for Sean Duke, he is just outstanding.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 13th floor. I also had a very nice view of the square with the fountain that played classical music.
1  Thank Rainmaker88
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

Rainmaker88- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your warm feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff went above and beyond, providing 5-star service! The Westin takes great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center and I am delighted to hear the location was ideal for you and that you were able to take advantage of the new Sea Life Aquarium and Lego Land! We truly value your business and appreciate your loyalty to the Westin. I am so pleased our staff was able to make such a positive impression on your stay! We look forward to serving you as our guest in the future, creating another memorable stay and hearing what you think of the new lobby renovations.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

There wasn't anything bad I would say about my stay here- everyone working there was nice and the room was good. There are a lot of restaurants in the building, but during the weekdays they were all closed after 6:00 or so. There are also a lot of stores there. The room service food was pretty good- dinner was better than the breakfast though.

I believe the hotel was full while I was there, but the rooms were quiet- I never heard the TV's or anything else in the rooms next door. The rooms were pretty spacious also.

There were a few odd things- the closed captioning on the TV comes on by default each time so I had to always go to the settings to turn it off. And the channels change very slowly from when you push the buttons on the remote control, so it takes forever to go through them. Those are minor things though, and overall I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

tc3399- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed your overall stay and that you were able to take advantage of the shops and restaurants located in Crown Center! The Westin takes great pride in creating a relaxing and refreshing stay for our guests and I am pleased our staff was friendly and accommodating and that you enjoyed your meals in room service. We truly value your business and look forward to having you back to the Westin when our lobby renovations are complete. Thank you again for your comments!

Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised to find that in my hotel was 10+ restaurants and plenty of shopping literally just past the lobby is a small shopping mall. The personnel will bend over backwards for travelers, they were amazingly accommodating and I will most definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2013
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

MrsErinAshley- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to take full advantage of the shops and restaurants connected to the Westin in Crown Center. Thank you for sharing your pictures of your stay! We take great pride of being located in the heart of Crown Center, with amazing views of Liberty Memorial, Union Station and downtown Kansas City. We value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

New Year's weekend stay Dec '12 was a package with Union Station New Year's celebration, but with the extensive remodeling of the lobby checkin/checkout process a bit challenging and congested. Package was overpriced. Rooms definitely need updating as they are circa 1990's with bathrooms needing major upgrades. Location still great to downtown and Plaza venues & dining options. Upper story rooms great views. Staff as attentive as always and will be outstanding facilty once remodel finished.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

KStravelerUSA- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I sincerely apologize we were unable to meet your expectations during your stay. I understand the frustrations with the lobby undergoing renovations, causing it to be inconvenient at check in and check out. I am very pleased to hear our staff was friendly and accommodating and that you were able to take advantage of the great location to visit the Plaza and other great Kansas City attractions so close by. We genuinely value your business and would love to hear what you think of the new lobby that will be complete in March. Thank you again for sharing your comments, this helps us to better improve for your next stay.