“Excellent experience-Highly Recommend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Kansas City, Missouri
“Excellent experience-Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our 3rd Anniversary. He proposed to me over by the Crown Center Ice Terrace and we were able to get a room that overlooked this area. The service was excellent the entire stay and everything was very clean. We stayed during the holiday season so everything was beautifully decorated. Overall, an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
AL1122- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a great experience you and your husband had with us. I means a lot to our team to hear you would chose to celebrate such a special occassion with us and that you were able to relive the warm memories you experienced with us when he proposed. Crown Center is such a beautiful during the holiday and I am happy you enjoyed the great view from your room. We truly value your business and hope to have you back with us in the future to create many more uplifting and memorable experiences. Thank you for sharing your refreshing comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I've never been all that excited about traveling to the midwest, but Kansas City and the folks at the Westin Crown Center did a good job of turning what could have been a ho-hum trip into a memorable experience.

The Westin is part of the larger "Crown Center" complex, which gives guests access to a myriad of shopping and dining establishments. When relaxing in the evening, it's nice to have things like that to pass the time.

My room at the Westin was very well appointed; so much that I'd pick this hotel over some of the more traditional 5 star establishments in other cities. The bed was very comfortable, the business amenities (internet access, etc.) were at my disposal, and the view from the 16th floor was spectacular.

I'd stay there again on my next trip to Kansas City in a heartbeat ... and that's really the true measure, righT?

1 Thank MikeHelms
MikeHelms- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what an exceptional experience you had with us and that our staff went above and beyond to create a relaxing and memorable time for you in Kansas City! We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center with so many of Kansas City's best sites and restaurants and it is great you were able to indulge in all the area has to offer at your convenience! It is our goal as a Westin to create a relaxing and refreshing experience and knowing this was the experience you received truly means a lot. We value your loyalty to The Westin and look forward to welcoming you back to the family in the future.
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Great conference hotel and great location. Excellent hotel with an exceptional staff. The lobby is worth a look even if you are not staying at the hotel. The Staff went out of their way to tell me the best routes to run, so I was able to see a lot of the sites around town - from parks, the river, historical buildings, WWI Memorial (right across the street) and Union Station (highlight of the downtown buildings - worth a look inside).

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Bill F- I appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Kansas City. I am pleased to hear what a great stay you had with us during your conference and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, ensuring you had everything you needed for a relaxing and convenient stay. We are very fortunate to be located in Crown Center surrounding many of Kansas City's best sites and restaurants and I am pleased you were able to take full advantage of all the area has to offer. We truly value your business and look forward to having you back to create another inviting, refreshing stay.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I had planned a weekend in Kansas City and had it cut short due to a family emergency. The staff could not have been more understanding and went out of their way to help me wind up my stay quickly.

The room was clean and the hotel is in great shape. I am a Starwoods Gold Memeber and would recommend this hotel in evey manner...thank you once again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Don T- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a great experience you had with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating to any of your needs. It is our goal as a Westin to create as relaxing and convenient a stay as possible and knowing our team was able to help you with any of your requests in a quick and friendly matter is great. We value your loyalty to Starwood Hotels and cannot wait to welcome you back to the family in the future.
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I've been attending a convention at the Westin Crown Center every year for the last 24 years, and I have to say the service this year was over the top! Everyone from housekeeping to concierge went out of their way - everyday- to make our stay fabulous. They seemed genuinely happy to be there and to interact with us. Such a difference from the many other hotels I visit throughout the year. Thank you! P.S. LOVE the remodel of the lobby!

Room Tip: I always enjoy getting a room overlooking downtown and the 'Western Auto' iconic sign.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Risa D- Thank you very much for sharing your refreshing feedback on your stay with us at The Westin Crown Center. It is great to hear what an exceptional experience you had with us and that our staff consistently has provided top notch service the 24 years you have stayed with us for your convention! It is our goal to make our guests experience as relaxing and inviting as possible, like a home away from home and it means so much to our team this is the service you have received throughout the years. We truly value your loyalty to The Westin Crown Center and we look forward to creating many more signature stays for you in the future.
Menlo Park, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located: connected to a shopping mall; close to the ice skating rink at the Crown Center and Legoland. You can walk in covered elevated walkways to the Train Station, Union Station, which is a great historical building. The hotel lobby is very nice but is otherwise a typical Westin hotel with everything you'd expect of a Westin. The staff is friendly. The curtains, however, do a poor job of blocking out the sun so it may be an issue if you are a late riser.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Frank D- I appreciate you sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am plaesed to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center with many great sites and shops just right outside of our hotel! I am pleased you were able to indulge in all the area has to offer at your convenince! we truly value your business and it means a lot to our team to hear we were able to create a relaxing and uplifting experience for you. We look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed here on a business trip and from the first moment I walked into the door till I left to go home the service was fantastic! I had a wonderful view of the National World War I Monument and Museum. I was able to enjoy the heated pool even though it was a little chilly outside. I like the location of the hotel as I can go shopping in the Link and also go to Union Station. The Power and Light District was only a mile and a half away and enjoyed the walks to it during the day. The room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. I will definitely stay here the next time I'm in Kansas City.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Steve C- Thank you very much for sharing your refreshing feedback on you stay with us at The Westin Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a top notch experience you had with us and that our staff made you feel right at home from the moment you arrived. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center with many of Kansas City's most popular sites and restaurants right outside The Westin's front doors. I am happy you were able to enjoy all the area has to offer at your convenience. It is our goal as a Westin to create a relaxing and uplifting experience for our guests and it means a lot we were able to create this for you. We look forward to having you back as our guest in the future. Thank you again for your comments.