The Westin Crown Center
US$317
US$249
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$123
Best Western Country Inn - North(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$81
US$196
US$181
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$136
The Fontaine(Kansas City)
US$201
US$185
2,314 results
All reviewsunion stationcrown centerheavenly bedliberty memorialcovered walkwaythe linkworld war i museumroom servicecorner roomfitness centeroutdoor poolpower and light districtdowntown kcself parkingbusiness tripshower headsprint center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We checked in to the Westin Crown Center yesterday to enjoy a girls' night out at a concert. The valet and doorman were very friendly, as was the desk attendant who helped us check in. We immediately changed clothes to head out for dinner prior to the show. Upon return to our room later that evening (around midnight), the first time we had been in the room for more than 30 minutes, we noticed that everything in the room had a fine layer of dust on it. Tables, counters, even the shower/tub had a film of dust, so much so that after showering there were clumps of wet dust on the sides of the tub! The carpet also appeared to have not been vacuumed very well, as there was dust build up at the threshold between the bathroom tile and carpet. There was a long black hair in the sink - we are blondes!

We turned down our beds and noted a stained pillow case and stains on the bed skirt and duvet. At one am, we were ready for sleep so decided not to housekeeping and would just tell the desk staff on our way out.

This morning, we check out and I told the desk attendant about the issues with the room. Her first question: did you call housekeeping? Well, at one am I wasn't particularly in the mood to be displaced from a room I spent good money on so you could do a job that should have been done before we even arrived!! She apologized but appeared largely unconcerned about these complaints.

I've never stayed in a Westin before, however, if this is what I should expect from their brand, I would call our experience fair at best, thus the rating.

• Stayed: January 2014
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Mragland2- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I sincerely apologize if your stay was less than perfect due to the frustrations you experienced with the servicing of your guest room as well as if our staff did not make you feel welcome. We train our team to go above and beyond to ensure our guests experience is as relaxing and refreshing as possible. I have shared your comments with the appropriate teams to further investigate where out team fell short, ensuring this does not occur in the future. We truly value your business and would love the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future to create a top notch stay.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed at the hotel for three nights during a recent business trip. The location was perfect for me since my meetings were held at Union Station and Crown Center Square. With the "Link" walkway, I didn't have to go outside in the snow during their recent winter polar vortex. My room was very spacious and the bed was quite comfortable...numerous pillows abound. The bathroom was very well stocked with all the toiletries you need and I love the rainfall shower. The large thick towels and included bathrobe felt very luxurious. You get complimentary bottled water and the in-room Starbucks coffee was a nice touch. I knew my stay was going to be great when I was welcomed by very friendly staff. My only negative experience was intermittent problems and slow response with their cable TV system. Overall a great experience and I will be going back in the near future.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Larry U- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us and were able to indulge in all the amenities provided to you in the Crown Center area. We are truly fortunate to be located in such a prime location in Kansas City. It is our goal as a Westin to create as relaxing and refreshing a stay as possible and I am happy you were able to indulge in your heavenly bed and waterfall shower after a long day. We truly value your business and look forward to creating many more signature experiences for you in the future.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

If you want to be connected to downtown Kansas City, make sure to stay at the Westin Crown Center.

The hotel has undergone a significant remodeling that looks and feels fantastic. My rooms (was in the Garden Suite) were clean and quiet on the 11th floor.

The hotel is connected to Crown Center shops and Union Station (by a covered and heated skywalk). Great views of downtown Kansas City and walking distance or inexpensive cab ride (about $5) to the Power & Light District.

Staff was very accomodating. I love a cold room at night, but my room wasn't cooling well enough (even in January). Solved it the first night by opening the balcony door and letting in the outside air before bed. Second night I called the desk. A repairman came immediately and looked at the HVAC, determining a heater damper was sticking open. Fixed it.

Will definitely return when in downtown KC.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Gwen L- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, ensuring you had everything you needed for a top notch stay. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center, surrounding many of Kansas City's favored sites and shops and I am happy you were able to take advantage of all the area has to offer. We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back with us in the future. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I gave this hotel 5* across the board. The staff were very helpful and accommodating, the valets were prompt and professional our room was very clean and quite comfortable. The atmosphere was delightful. Kudos.

• Stayed: January 2014
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Harleyluv- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am thrilled to hear what an exceptional stay you had with us and that our staff went above and beyond to ensure you had as relaxing and refreshing an experience as possible. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center with so many great shops and sites in the area and I am happy you found the atmosphere delightful. We truly value your business and look forward to creating many more signature stays for you in the future.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I spent two nights here while attending a conference and had a very pleasant experience, beginning with early check-in upon arrival. My room was spacious and quite nice. Everything except the tub seemed new. The bed was extremely comfortable and the hotel very quiet. I was impressed with the in room Starbucks and appreciated that the Westin was not stingy with coffee or toiletries. The hotel is attached to a shopping center and you can reach Union Station through an enclosed walkway. The little things that made this short of perfect were that on the first day the towel I picked off the rack was so thin it tore (there were better towels in the room, I just chose one that needed to be tossed); the electricity in my bathroom went out both mornings and I had to call to have it reset; and there were a few areas of the room that could have been cleaner. In all, it was a nice stay and I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Mary 1675- I appreciate you taking your time to share your comments on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am thrilled to hear what a great stay you had with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating from the moment you arrived. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center, surrounding many of Kansas City's favored sites and restaurants and I am happy you were able to indulge in all the area has to offer. We truly value your business and it means a lot to our team to hear what a relaxing, refreshing stay we were able to help create. The Westin looks forward to serving you as our guest in the future.